Front page and MLP

I come to this website for MMO news not to see my little pony spammed on your front page.

I like to read current MMO related posts but one of the 7 slots on your front page is always taken up by MLP no matter what time of the day I come here. They spam their own thread just to stay on the front page, why are they allowed to do this? Is it for page views and advertising?

Here is a quote from the Curse forum rules:
    Brief guidelines to follow: (Please read the extensive rules found here for more in-depth information)
    •Do not post spam, meme images or nonsense text.

Their posts are full of nonsense text just to bump the thread.

I share a computer and use a public computer so the forum filters do not save for me.

please by default turn off the Off-Topic Forums on your side like you do with Guild Recruitment.

Off-topic forum posts have no place on your front page.

I am ready to stop using curse client and stop coming to mmo champion. Am I the only person that feels this way?

10+ Year Old Account
    On the front page, at the bottom of the "recent posts" thing, click "forum filters". Now uncheck "General Off-topic" and "Fun Stuff" as well as any other forums you don't want to see posts in.

Problem solved!

let me quote my own post

"I share a computer and use a public computer so the forum filters do not save for me."

Deleted
    Here's a hint. Just ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riverlife9 View Post
    let me quote my own post

"I share a computer and use a public computer so the forum filters do not save for me."
    Even so, it doesn't take more than a couple of seconds to uncheck the forum filters. Sure takes longer to make this thread.

Deleted
    There is always green color on front page, please turn it off by default, I don't like green....sigh

Deleted
    Ahm, people use this site also to talk to each other, not just to discuss WoW.

You can always do what Endus said, go to the furom filters and remove the section Fun Stuff, from the General Off-topic forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Here's a hint. Just ignore it.
    Or better yet, man up and be a brony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riverlife9 View Post
    let me quote my own post

The point is, we have a system in place to accomplish what you want; not seeing non-wow related forum posts on the "recent posts" list. We can't make you use it, but it's also not the site's fault if you don't.

But he has a point, this MLP shit is a disease.
    I can't stop but imagine wannabe gay childish forever alone idiots behind every post that is made in those threads...
    CPU:i5-3570k@0,930V MB:ASUS P8Z77-V GPU:GTX 680 Lightning RAM:8GB DDR3 1600

10+ Year Old Account
    *needs to resist urge to start calling the above poster various things and wishing the person many unhappy things*

There are forum filters for a reason

PS: can somebody ban the *peep* above.

It's a chat thread, but with ponies. Plus the chat thread (also in fun stuff) isn't taken down for senseless randomness either.

I'd definitely suggest just unchecking "Fun Stuff", or if you really don't care about anything but current MMO related posts, keep trimming it down until it only has the subforums you care about.

I guess the public computer thing is an issue, but it does save the settings for the next time you come to the website. Are people really changing it back that routinely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Sounds like someone just wants something to complain about.

As already stated, public PC or not I doubt they're clearing the cookies/cache on a daily basis. It should be saving your settings regardless.