Thread: Yak Attack

  1. #1

    Yak Attack

    Kill 15 Sra'thik attackers at the Niuzao Temple within 5 seconds.
    Since the Ox now just stands around at the temple instead of running rounds - how the heck are you supposed to do this achievement without gathering a lot of people to AoE everything down?
    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Ideally Niuzao, the ox is suppose to kill them for you.

    Unfortunately he appears to only activate once certain conditions are met and 1) No one seems to know what those conditions are and 2) Attempts to get an answer out of a GM have always gotten the "We can't give out game secrets/tips/hints" response.

    I've done all the storyline quests, I've scoured for drop quests, and flew all over this map looking for side quests I've missed. I've spoken to every NPC at Niuzao Temple ... nothing seems to activate the ox.

  3. #3
    Blademaster Nanachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Ideally Niuzao, the ox is suppose to kill them for you.

    Unfortunately he appears to only activate once certain conditions are met and 1) No one seems to know what those conditions are and 2) Attempts to get an answer out of a GM have always gotten the "We can't give out game secrets/tips/hints" response.

    I've done all the storyline quests, I've scoured for drop quests, and flew all over this map looking for side quests I've missed. I've spoken to every NPC at Niuzao Temple ... nothing seems to activate the ox.
    My guess is that its part of a shado-pan daily.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,585
    He's moving just fine for me. I just got it about an hour ago (look at my link in my sig). He was running around in circles. Dunno who started him, though.



  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    He's moving just fine for me. I just got it about an hour ago (look at my link in my sig). He was running around in circles. Dunno who started him, though.
    Were you on a Shado-Pan daily?

    Trying to figure out why he isn't active.

    I doubt anyone has Shado-Pan active, since you have to be revered with Golden Lotus to do SP dailies. I don't think it's a daily that is activating him.
    Last edited by balatro; 2012-10-02 at 07:38 PM.

  6. #6
    It's actually pretty simple... at least I thought so.
    He was moving around for me and I saw some posts about using him to farm there. A while after that he started just standing around.
    I thought that was to discourage people from abusing him for farming. :/

  7. #7
    Last night he was running in circles every time I passed through the area. I wound up using him to get Black Prince honored, about 5k rep in maybe two hours of Yak Attacking. He never stopped once. Though I haven't gotten to the Niuzao Temple as far as questing goes, so maybe it's a phasing issue?

  8. #8
    I got this achievement by accident while farming for cloth. Gathered them all as BM monk and resto druid friend, You can easily 2 man it.

  9. #9
    The Patient Alexeiblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Last night he was running in circles every time I passed through the area. I wound up using him to get Black Prince honored, about 5k rep in maybe two hours of Yak Attacking. He never stopped once. Though I haven't gotten to the Niuzao Temple as far as questing goes, so maybe it's a phasing issue?
    This used to be the place to go to farm for cloth, misc greens and motes of harmony. When a couple guild mates and I figured this out we got our black prince rep up to 5k and got about 500 cloth, numerous greens and about 50 motes each. Unfortunately it has been given a stealth nerf now and the bugs only drop silver.

    As far as the achieve goes, not sure what but something has to be done on the server for the Yak to start running around. I'm not sure if it's a certain amount of people needed to finish that part of the quest line or what. My friends server had his Yak running around a day before my server did so it's definitely something server side. Just keep checking in on him, not much more you can do other than that.

  10. #10
    I think Niuzao takes naps or something. I've been out there farming Black Prince rep on three separate occasions and he was resting for two and running for one. Didn't do any quests between sessions, so it's not phasing.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeiblu View Post
    This used to be the place to go to farm for cloth, misc greens and motes of harmony.
    Love your statement... "used to be" How old is MoP again?

    Big Smile from Denmark =)
    Last edited by thonga; 2012-10-05 at 10:38 PM.
    <a href="http://www.guildlaunch.com/features/rift/sigs/" alt="rift guild hosting"><img src="http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=122165" border="0"></a>

  12. #12
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,585
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Were you on a Shado-Pan daily?

    Trying to figure out why he isn't active.

    I doubt anyone has Shado-Pan active, since you have to be revered with Golden Lotus to do SP dailies. I don't think it's a daily that is activating him.
    Nope, I haven't even done any of their dailies. He was already up and moving

    Quote Originally Posted by thonga View Post
    Love your statement... "used to be" How old is MoP again?

    Big Smile from Denmark =)
    It used to be. That's why I was there; I farmed 8 full Spirit (80 motes) in an hour and a half along with 600 cloth. They nerfed it on 10/5/2012 and they only drop gold now



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •