Arcane Torrent "Unintended 6%?"

From today's 5.0.5 hotfix list:
    Arcane Torrent now returns 2% of base mana (was previously an unintended 6%).
    So, has the tooltip been wrong for years now or did they change their minds on how much it should return and didn't change the tooltip to reflect that? Or am I just missing something.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Unintended to give 6% after 5.0 I guess.

I'm guessing it was a server-side buff after the last patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    When patch 5.0.4 went live they unintentionally buffed the spell and now simply corrected it.

Also, for a moment I was "wtf is this ability and why didn't I ever see it". Then I remembered I play only alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    When patch 5.0.4 went live they unintentionally buffed the spell and now simply corrected it.
    They unintentionally buffed it to what the tooltip has said since BC was released?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

o thats that blood elf spell right? lol eat nerf horde scum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blood Elf racials are worth anything...I play one because I enjoy how they look as casters and in gear in general, but I hate how our racials do not benefit us for the most part anymore. Back in Cata and before I could say, "Hey the forsaken don't have anything for PvE at least." Now that isn't true ;_;. And with the new 90 talents, mana isn't an issue so Arcane Torrent is.....a silence at best.*

*This is all on PvE
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream