Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    you could install WC and get perfect valuations
    This. WC with armory import must be the easiest way for boomkins, to get dynamic stat weights according to your gear.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    This. WC with armory import must be the easiest way for boomkins, to get dynamic stat weights according to your gear.
    How does one exactly import from armory to WC? "Battle.net Import" button under Import Details does absolutely nothing and the "Import" button below Profile gives a message which (roughly translated) says:
    "Found an error in script frame when running UNKNOWN script UNKNOWN.

    Message: Incorrect script format for Script URL:"

    Is this an issue with my settings or what is causing the issue? I'm using OpenOffice

    Edit: Managed to change my language of OpenOffice to English so the correct error message is:
    "A Scripting Framework error occurred while running the UNKNOWN script UNKNOWN.

    Message: Incorrect script format for Script URL:"
    Last edited by Alzu; 2012-12-29 at 05:23 PM.

  3. #183
    OpenOffice doesn't support importing, sadly. You'll have to set your gear manually.

  4. #184
    Are we 100% sure these legs exist? Never seen them drop, never seen anyone wearing them, can't find any evidence that they actually made it into the game. Fairly certain the only obtainable offpiece is the 502 mastery legs from heroic Will, in which case Tayak helm + tier legs is effectively BIS.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Oltanya View Post
    Are we 100% sure these legs exist? Never seen them drop, never seen anyone wearing them, can't find any evidence that they actually made it into the game. Fairly certain the only obtainable offpiece is the 502 mastery legs from heroic Will, in which case Tayak helm + tier legs is effectively BIS.
    Terrace tsulong

  6. #186
    I'm 12/16 heroic, I've killed Tsulong plenty of times, and I've been scouring armory looking for boomkins/trees wearing them (as was loosely implied by my post). Cut the condescension and perhaps find someone who has these legs?

  7. #187
    To claim an item doesn't exist is quite absurd if you base your claims to the fact that you haven't seen the particular item. RNG is RNG.

    Remember that the tier legs are much more common as 1) Un'sok is easier than Tsulong and is killed more, 2) A tier token always drops so you see it more and 3) You get a set bonus usually for the tier legs and is ofter preferred over the legs of Tsulong.

    If you really require armory proof, here is one: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...acteh/advanced
    Last edited by Alzu; 2012-12-30 at 12:02 AM.

  8. #188
    Well, according to WoWhead they do drop on heroic, but so far there haven't been enough kills to ascertain the drop rate with a total of 2 drops.

    They definitely drop on normal at somewhere around 10-15% droprate.

  9. #189
    See, that's what I was looking for, Alzu. I wasn't basing my claim off the fact that I haven't seen the item, I was basing it off of the fact that nobody I'd spoken to had seen it and it's not in the dungeon journal. Also, I'd have expected a number of the moonkin in top guilds to be wearing it, as between the extra crit and the free socket it's fairly evident that they're BIS. I hadn't found any.

    edit: rather, weren't in the dungeon journal, last time I was hunting for them. They appear to be now. Hmm.
    Last edited by Oltanya; 2012-12-30 at 12:33 AM.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Oltanya View Post
    See, that's what I was looking for, Alzu. I wasn't basing my claim off the fact that I haven't seen the item, I was basing it off of the fact that nobody I'd spoken to had seen it and it's not in the dungeon journal. Also, I'd have expected a number of the moonkin in top guilds to be wearing it, as between the extra crit and the free socket it's fairly evident that they're BIS. I hadn't found any.

    edit: rather, weren't in the dungeon journal, last time I was hunting for them. They appear to be now. Hmm.
    Fairly certain lappé had them equipped for a bit before he got heroic legs iirc

    Grabbed HM Protectors Cloak tonight, worth upgrading it? guild probably wont kill garalon for a while.

  11. #191
    Right now I have 3 trinkets:

    Essence of Terror (LFR)
    Blossom of Pure Snow
    Relic of Yu'lon

    Which two should I use?

    If you need more info from my char:
    Nagata

  12. #192
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Right now I have 3 trinkets:

    Essence of Terror (LFR)
    Blossom of Pure Snow
    Relic of Yu'lon

    Which two should I use?

    If you need more info from my char:
    Nagata
    I can't import on this computer because it only has openoffice, but using the BiS list it looks like EoT (LFR) + RoY is the best combo, and swapping EoT (LFR) for BoPS is a DPS drop of 300. The drop would be less significant with your gear on, but I would think it still valid. RoY is the outright winner of the three, by far.

    Edit: in brighter news, back home in 4 days, so I can check out the PTR!

  13. #193
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sunfyre's Nest
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I can't import on this computer because it only has openoffice, but using the BiS list it looks like EoT (LFR) + RoY is the best combo, and swapping EoT (LFR) for BoPS is a DPS drop of 300. The drop would be less significant with your gear on, but I would think it still valid. RoY is the outright winner of the three, by far.

    Edit: in brighter news, back home in 4 days, so I can check out the PTR!
    Yep, spreadsheet is showing about a 400-500 DPS loss by going to blossom of pure snow.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  14. #194
    Thank you very much for the input!

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Yep, spreadsheet is showing about a 400-500 DPS loss by going to blossom of pure snow.
    On that note, would EoT(LFR) be better than jade magistrate figurine?

    Edit: just checked on WC and it appears to be about a 200dps increase to swap to EoT(LFR) over JMF, for my gear at least.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    On that note, would EoT(LFR) be better than jade magistrate figurine?

    Edit: just checked on WC and it appears to be about a 200dps increase to swap to EoT(LFR) over JMF, for my gear at least.
    The trash-drop trinket is exactly the same as the VP one.

  17. #197
    Brewmaster Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Oltanya View Post
    See, that's what I was looking for, Alzu. I wasn't basing my claim off the fact that I haven't seen the item, I was basing it off of the fact that nobody I'd spoken to had seen it and it's not in the dungeon journal. Also, I'd have expected a number of the moonkin in top guilds to be wearing it, as between the extra crit and the free socket it's fairly evident that they're BIS. I hadn't found any.

    edit: rather, weren't in the dungeon journal, last time I was hunting for them. They appear to be now. Hmm.
    Another reason why you wouldn't see a lot of them is still the lack of people who have killed heroic Sha, which is what you would need for your heroic tier helm. So using the Tayak helm as off piece netted you 2 509's vs. 1 496 and 1 509. I know personally I got the Fear Blackened Leggings on our second Tsulong kill, but kept them in my bags until I was able to get the heroic tier helm a week or so later.

    Higher item level is almost always better, the one case this tier it is not is the Stone Guard belt vs. the Tsulong belt. My guess there is the stat budget on belts isn't high enough to make up for the extra socket (320 crit is a lot). On the other side the 516 Cloak of Overwhelming Corruption is poorly itemized for us (Mastery/Haste) but is bis due to item level. If the 509 Garalon cloak had a socket then I'm fairly certain that would be best in slot as well.

  18. #198
    I've read, and been reforging focusing on it, that upon reaching a breakpoint (3706 with 4pc), mastery would be a better stat then haste, but i've already read a couple of posts in here that claim otherwise. Can anyone please clarify it for me?

    I'm currently going for 3706 haste > crit > mastery > haste. Should i value haste higher then mastery even after the bp? Thanks

  19. #199
    Brewmaster Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I've read, and been reforging focusing on it, that upon reaching a breakpoint (3706 with 4pc), mastery would be a better stat then haste, but i've already read a couple of posts in here that claim otherwise. Can anyone please clarify it for me?

    I'm currently going for 3706 haste > crit > mastery > haste. Should i value haste higher then mastery even after the bp? Thanks
    Could you please link the site where you read that? All the Moonkin theorycrafting sites that I know of say no such thing. Whoever wrote that is completely wrong and it's not even close. Haste is closer to crit than it is to Mastery around our current gear levels.

  20. #200
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I've read, and been reforging focusing on it, that upon reaching a breakpoint (3706 with 4pc), mastery would be a better stat then haste, but i've already read a couple of posts in here that claim otherwise. Can anyone please clarify it for me?

    I'm currently going for 3706 haste > crit > mastery > haste. Should i value haste higher then mastery even after the bp? Thanks
    The 3706 haste breakpoint comes naturally with this gear, and so is irrelevant when budgeting stats. It *should* look like:

    Int >> Crit > Haste > Mastery

    Mastery is never above haste, and it really shouldn't be. It would be rated higher with a SotF build, but that isn't what is used here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •