Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorta a bummer that the Normal Sha trinket isn't better than the Darkmoon, but I can accept! Haha. Thanks for the help.

does anyone happen to have a list of the trinkets and the dps each one does?

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    If you scroll a few posts up, you'll see I did a stat comparison on that very topic.
    True, you did a comparison with Kritak! However, Jinya has a legendary gem slot as well, crit/haste staff. Any idea where it sits? ^^

Thanks!
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    True, you did a comparison with Kritak! However, Jinya has a legendary gem slot as well, crit/haste staff. Any idea where it sits? ^^

Thanks!
    The sha-touched staff is something in the order of 2k DPS lower than a MH/OH combo for this tier - there's a massive discrepancy between the two weapon choices. I checked out the sha-touched staff about a month ago, and it was significantly lower than Regails or even Kri'tak.

whats better the elegon trinket normal version of the sha trinket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mythiix View Post
    whats better the elegon trinket normal version of the sha trinket?
    Elegon trinket (N) > Essence of Terror (N) by about 2k. Just want to clarify for everyone: you can do these sorts of comparisons yourself by downloading WrathCalcs (http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t114017-...rathcalcs/p42/) *always look for the latest version posted in the last couple of pages* and doing the item changes yourself.

how does vp upgrade play into this bis list? you went through a lot of effort to "not waste any stats" however being able to upgrade everything x2 is going to throw the whole thing out of wack. granted, it would take 24k vp to upgrade everything, which is six months, which probably wont be viable in this tier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    how does vp upgrade play into this bis list? you went through a lot of effort to "not waste any stats" however being able to upgrade everything x2 is going to throw the whole thing out of wack. granted, it would take 24k vp to upgrade everything, which is six months, which probably wont be viable in this tier
    VP upgrading is still a pretty temperamental feature on the PTR. As far as I know, we don't even know if you can upgrade heroic items, how much you can upgrade them, or how many stats you'll get per upgrade. Also, since there's no way for me to find items on wowhead/wowdb with the upgrades in place, there's no way for me to assess the stat increases. Once 5.1 has been released and we have the item websites updated to show the upgrades, then we can worry about how (if at all) the BiS list will change.

On top: reducing wasted stats is essentially just a gemming/reforging method. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Deleted
    hey slippy i have a question for you, i keep reading this thread but still i don't understand why are preferred gems like hit+crit instead of int+crit/haste/hit and also why u choose the crit+expt on the pants instead a pure red gem, and last why u choosed the pure yellow gem instead the orange ones? it's because u r not able to reach the second haste cap? does it worth it to buff the crit at the expense of intellect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stembert View Post
    hey slippy i have a question for you, i keep reading this thread but still i don't understand why are preferred gems like hit+crit instead of int+crit/haste/hit and also why u choose the crit+expt on the pants instead a pure red gem, and last why u choosed the pure yellow gem instead the orange ones? it's because u r not able to reach the second haste cap? does it worth it to buff the crit at the expense of intellect?
    Hi Stembert!

Since Mists brought in the "double secondary stat" gems, compared with the normal amounts of main stat (int/agi/str), it's actually better to forego the intellect and instead gem for spirit/hit along with another good stat (haste or crit). That's why we use the exp/crit or exp/haste gems in red sockets, and pure yellow gems in yellow sockets. Because we're continually reforging in and out of haste and hit to get to our breakpoint and cap respectively, they are essentially equal in weighting when compared to crit. As such, these gems are equal in their benefit.

For lower gear levels (before heroics), the int gems *might* pull ahead slightly, but for this BiS list the double secondary stat gems are much better.

higher haste breakpoint is overrated, nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Poor Lappe, still missing his 4-piece. ):

Are you saying we shouldnt aim for the 8000 or so haste with the 4 pc and just go with the 3700 one and go full crit?

Please, can anyone tell me where in the BiS trinket list is alchemist stone?
    I mean the intellect procs in it.
    how much, on average +intellect does it give?
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2012-11-20 at 06:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    how much, on average +intellect does it give?
    (Amount of int on proc) * (Proc duration) / (Internal cooldown)

ok my question should be what is the internal CD of this trinket.
    I read about 60 secs, and 55 seconds. what is the right answer, anyone?
    1102 if 55 secs, 1010 if 60. which one is the right answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Poor Lappe, still missing his 4-piece. ):
    not worth it imo, not for progression.

standsill patchwerk bislists go for it, but personally for the actual content i wouldnt care that much about it (specially when you still reach it with the trinket proc if you're lucky enough to get it)
    Last edited by lappee; 2012-11-20 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    ok my question should be what is the internal CD of this trinket.
    I read about 60 secs, and 55 seconds. what is the right answer, anyone?
    1102 if 55 secs, 1010 if 60. which one is the right answer?
    It's 55 ( moar typing ! )

10+ Year Old Account
    not worth it imo, not for progression.

standsill patchwerk bislists go for it, but personally for the actual content i wouldnt care that much about it (specially when you still reach it with the trinket proc if you're lucky enough to get it)
    Yeah, I can sorta agree with you there. Going full crit puts you back about 1k DPS for fights like Feng or Blade Lord. Most multidotting fights will probably benefit from the crit more, but again it's really dependent on your luck from actually critting, and further by proccing starsurge. For purely computational purposes, this BiS list shows us, theoretically, how close we are to other classes and what we should be doing at a minimum for almost all fights. I mean, the 4-piece is still really good, the 8082 haste breakpoint is still about 1k DPS, and having your dots tick faster and have an extra tick on multidotting fights is still even more of an increase, really makes each GCD used for each moonfire/sunfire worth that much more.

Other classes gain more from their 4pc so passing it first to them would be wise. The 4pc and extra haste is really nice for a lot of fights, and also makes it so you never really have do any dot refreshing outside of once per eclipse. DoC, however, is not as attractive as it seems in most sims.