Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll worry about that when i see the gear. We'll probably see a decline in the number of pieces with spirit on them, or maybe they finally implement their plan of increasing hit requirements for later tiers.

To a degree i actually like that the 8k BP isn't worth going for... means we pretty much don't have to worry about haste, since going below 3,7k is fairly unlikely once you get serious gear.

can someone clarify... Fear blackened legs are better simply cause they have 2 sockets and tier has 1? Versus the helm from blade lord which has haste/crit? Unsure of the gem type for socket bonus, just askin.

They're better because they have 2 sockets and better stat distribution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimak View Post
    Hi, i'm following this thread since you create it, i have a question about the new BiS list, we are now going in a full crit gear, why not take Garalon heroic cloak ?
    I can't put links ><, it is Stormwake Mistcloak (+769int, +438hit, +557crit).
    We loose 52 intell but win 557 crit, and maybe hit that could be reforged elsewhere.
    Also gotta remember that Heroic Elite hasnt even been killed once yet, i doubt most guilds will kill it atall this tier unless major nerfs come in on it, so i'd say go for garalon cloak tbh.

And just to add, slippy i would love to see a BiS list without the heroic elite loots included tbh, just because i feel its not a viable set to go for atm.
    Last edited by mmoca7842e0a8d; 2012-12-11 at 09:17 PM.

It's BiS, not best attainable in slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's BiS, not best attainable in slot.
    Yes that is obvious by the fact its called BiS, however alot of people use this as a guide as is clear by alot of comments. Maybe just replacing the 2 elite items and seeing where we would end up is all i was suggesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    Yes that is obvious by the fact its called BiS, however alot of people use this as a guide as is clear by alot of comments. Maybe just replacing the 2 elite items and seeing where we would end up is all i was suggesting.
    With Asani's Uncleansed Sandals and Stormwake Mistcloak you see around a 900 DPS loss, down to 106686.81. These two items would be the preferred substitutes for the heroic elite gear, and show a slight drop in DPS. I'm keeping the BiS list how it is, though if you want to exclude the heroic elite items from the list, you're more than welcome to use the two above in their place, netting you almost-BiS DPS.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed that you are using the Spirit leg enchant instead of the Crit one. Since you are equating Spirit to Haste would it not better to use the Crit one and alter Haste reforges to reach hit cap?

Also as far the boot enchant, similar to WC overvaluing DoC it really undervalues the Mastery/Run speed enchant. In a pure Patchwerk fight sure the haste would be better but as we have acknowledged we are going for a more practical list for T14. In all fights this tier Mastery/Run speed should yield to higher DPS than Haste. And yes it does stack with Feline Swiftness.

Not just FS, it stacks with Cat and Travel too.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not just FS, it stacks with Cat and Travel too.
    You have to spec into Feral to get the Cat Form movement speed buff I thought? Anyways I think the only time I've used Dash this tier is the last phase of Blade Lord and to run to the exit in ToeS to save my 300 food since Dash > Travel.

No, 25% cat is baseline.

You can't use travel in HoF anyway.

Deleted
    Yeah, the old Feline Switfness as a +15% / +30% ms in Cat form (if I recall correctly) talent is now baked into the standard Cat form by default. The new Feline Swiftness is just a flat ms bonus for all forms.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, 25% cat is baseline.

You can't use travel in HoF anyway.
    Yes and you wouldn't want to use either anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yes and you wouldn't want to use either anyway.
    Well, there is no Blade Lord in terrace, so i'm not quite sure what you ran away from.

I keep looking at your list Slippy hoping to see this, but I have not seen it changed (though I see you made updates since I last checked). I don't know if this has been asked yet, but why are you suggesting that tier helm is better then the helm from Blade lord, which a) has more crit, and b) the secondary stat is Haste?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=89922

Because the pants beat it as the off-set piece. You have to look at both slots being changed.

Because the pants beat it as the off-set piece. You have to look at both slots being changed.
    Hmm.... ah, didn't notice the pants were not tier XD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Just noticed that you are using the Spirit leg enchant instead of the Crit one. Since you are equating Spirit to Haste would it not better to use the Crit one and alter Haste reforges to reach hit cap?

Also as far the boot enchant, similar to WC overvaluing DoC it really undervalues the Mastery/Run speed enchant. In a pure Patchwerk fight sure the haste would be better but as we have acknowledged we are going for a more practical list for T14. In all fights this tier Mastery/Run speed should yield to higher DPS than Haste. And yes it does stack with Feline Swiftness.
    Good pick! I forgot that I'd kept the spr pants enchant on, since it hadn't mattered before we went full crit. Yes it would be better to use the int/crit one, I'll put that change in and see if I can fiddle around with the reforging.

Edit: I changed the pants enchant to int/crit then changed the reforge on the Watersoul Signet to haste -> crit, thereby getting 42 additional crit from haste on top of the pants enchant. Sitting at 8 hit over cap. DPS goes up ~40. It's not terribly much because we're losing haste as we're gaining crit, and haste still has an ok value (in WrathCalcs), but the gain will be more than that in multi-target.

Edit 2: Boots will just be an easy swap, shouldn't affect any other piece for reforging or whatever since it's haste vs. mastery. That's another thing I forgot to change after we stopped doing the haste breakpoint.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2012-12-13 at 12:40 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is no Blade Lord in terrace, so i'm not quite sure what you ran away from.
    ? When did I say Blade Lord in Terrace? I said last phase of Blade Lord AND to run out of the instance in ToeS. Two seperate things.

I havent really paid much attention to the ranking heres but I wanted to say every single time Ive mathed out the best gear slots slotting out the Tier Gloves for Clutches of Dying Hope was actually the best possible combination over anything else. So Im not sure what math was done here to get different values.