Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I havent really paid much attention to the ranking heres but I wanted to say every single time Ive mathed out the best gear slots slotting out the Tier Gloves for Clutches of Dying Hope was actually the best possible combination over anything else. So Im not sure what math was done here to get different values.
    I went over why I chose the pants over the other slots in terms of off-piece in a couple of posts in the last few pages, I believe I even went over it in the OP after I revised the BiS list.

I chucked in the gloves, highest I could get is 107370.97, about 140 DPS lower than with the pants. The math I'm using to evaluate these claims is WrathCalcs.

eventually people (Read: i) will just go with the highest crit solution with 8k breakpoint (go search for it for me, i dont have the time )

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    eventually people (Read: i) will just go with the highest crit solution with 8k breakpoint (go search for it for me, i dont have the time )
    Your list will be the same as the one in the OP, just different reforges or gems to reach the bp. You will be sacrificing 1500-2000 crit or so to reach it though. I thought I read somewhere that you said with the amount of movement/multi target fights this tier that you did not think the 8k bp was worth it. Given that the 8k bp maths out a meaningless 4 DPS better on a pure Patchwerk fight you would think the maximum Crit build would have to be better for any normal raid encounter no?

That was due to not having enough stats to reach the breakpoint without sacrificing huge amount of crit, now that we'll soon have the bis items together with item upgrade it should be better for most of the fights (movement isn't that big of an issue with enough haste + 4-set bonus) but in the end I'm thinking forward for the next tier so the fights in this tier are irrelevant. Sure I'm going to get all the sets etc and upgrading the common pieces first.

I doubt movement will go down significantly next tier. But eh, we won't know until we see it. On the other hand, we'll probably end up with 8k in t15 anyway, but we'll get a different 4p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I doubt movement will go down significantly next tier. But eh, we won't know until we see it. On the other hand, we'll probably end up with 8k in t15 anyway, but we'll get a different 4p.
    Without 4pc T14, our next best breakpoints are 10289 and 15318. I'd think the 10289 breakpoint will be relatively easy to attain, and should be as unavoidable as the 5273 breakpoint we started with before raids. Nonetheless, I'll have to see if the 15318 breakpoint is a) attainable and b) worth the sacrifice in crit.

For this current tier: yeah, the 8089 breakpoint is pretty close when we're talking about fully-upgraded pieces, but if the next tier comes out within 3-4 months we're only going to see 8-10 (roughly) upgraded H BiS pieces before the patch drops. I don't think dumping more points into haste at this point, nor in the foreseeable future, will equate to a significant bump in dps. Once T15 is coming around the corner, however, it'll be interesting to see how many ranking chickens in the top 100 are actively going for the 8089 breakpoint, especially on multi-dotting fights.

Hi Guys,

I don't know where to ask, and I think it's better to ask on this topic. Feel free if you think you have to move this post to somewhere else.

My character is Nagata on Frostmane.
    Right now I'm wearing Bracers of Dark Thoughts.
    Yesterday dropped the Pearlescent Butterfly Wristbands and I got it.

But now my question is:
    Which one should I use?
    Pearlescent Butterfly Wristbands has +44 intellect more, but I'm losing 444 crits then.

I'd like to have a tip what's better for me. Thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Hi Guys,

I don't know where to ask, and I think it's better to ask on this topic. Feel free if you think you have to move this post to somewhere else.

My character is Nagata on Frostmane.
    Right now I'm wearing Bracers of Dark Thoughts.
    Yesterday dropped the Pearlescent Butterfly Wristbands and I got it.

But now my question is:
    Which one should I use?
    Pearlescent Butterfly Wristbands has +44 intellect more, but I'm losing 444 crits then.

I'd like to have a tip what's better for me. Thank you very much!
    Pearlescent Butterfly's were BiS (as heroic) until we figured out that the heroic/LFR versions didn't exist. Though, that was back when haste = crit because of hitting the haste cap, so the value of those bracers should have dropped a bit. I would think they're still ahead of the Dark Thoughts once simply because they have more stats, even though they have no crit (with reforging they get a little). I don't have WrathCalcs on me right now, but if you want a definitive answer you'd want to import your character and see for yourself.

Slippy thank for your explanation.
    But the problem is, I don't know how this works. That's why I'm asking here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Slippy thank for your explanation.
    But the problem is, I don't know how this works. That's why I'm asking here.
    Butterfly's are better by about 250 DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    I understand your list doesn't take into account VP upgrades. It's unlikely that all items will be upgraded twice prior to the next tier release, so doesn't this theoretically increase the value of a 2h staff?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19398907

And no, the staff is still an inferior upgrade no matter how many VP upgrades have been made. The SP on a one-handed weapon vs. a two-handed is the same, so there really shouldn't be a discrepancy between non-upgraded and upgraded sets.

I think he was talking about only upgrading one item instead of two. Though one and a half week probably won't make or break anything.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he was talking about only upgrading one item instead of two. Though one and a half week probably won't make or break anything.

Yeah when you consider the items that would "missing" an upgrade would be the items with the least amount of stats, you are talking about a minimal difference for only a week and a half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yeah, I suppose I misread him. As Stommped and you said, it's a minimal wait for upgrading. MH/OH are the first things to upgrade, along with chest/hat/pants, so if anything's going to be missing upgrades it'll be cape/neck/bracers/belt. Then again, it's also dependent on when you get your BiS pieces, as upgrading the BiS neck would be more in your favour than upgrading the normal chest piece, since you'll be replacing the chest piece in the end. If you come to a point where you have to spend your valor and you don't have another H BiS piece to upgrade, then you'd spend it in the usual fashion.

I apologize if this was brought up previously. If my guild hasn't been fortunate enough to reach Heroic Sha yet, how do you value Relic of Yu'lon to reg Essence of Terror? Heroic Light of Cosmos being trinket 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letharg1c View Post
    I apologize if this was brought up previously. If my guild hasn't been fortunate enough to reach Heroic Sha yet, how do you value Relic of Yu'lon to reg Essence of Terror? Heroic Light of Cosmos being trinket 1.
    H EoT is about 600 DPS more than N RoY, which is about 300 DPS better than N EoT. LotC outshines both considerably.

Could you please give stat weights? I can't achieve this BIS list, but would like to find the equivilent for my guilds progress, so will use mrrobot, with whatever stat weights you've used.

Stat weights are dependent on your current equip, so that's not really feasible.

Oh ok, thank you. I thought there were more generic stat weights that could be used up to the haste breakpoint and then rough stat weights for afterwards. That's how it seems to be in all the class guides i've seen and how the gear guide sites and spreadsheets work, but if it's not possible to have 'rough' ones for pre/post t14 haste breakpoint, then ok

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want 'super' rough gap weights then just use 1 for int, .6 for crit, .45 for haste, and .3 for mastery. At pre BiS gear levels Crit should always be higher than .5 int so you should be fine gemmeing Smooth's in Yellows. Haste would be a little higher until you get your 4pc bonus at which point these should be somewhat correct.

Or you could install WC and get perfect valuations