EA hires professional trolls to defend them on forums?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-...zon-40885.html

Is insane as this sounds... I believe it. All I could remember while reading this article was those handfull of people claiming how great the ending on ME3 was using such limited arguments as "It went over your head." Am I saying they were all paid by EA? No it's insane to claim that, but am I thinking it's possible some of them were? Hell yea. It's the next logical step from hiring people to post positive reviews on Amazon.

What do you guys think possible fact or an elaborate lie to attack EA?

Obvious lie.

But to the ME3 ending thing, it's true for most people that it did go over their heads. The ending was AMAZING if you understood it. There's a guy on youtube who made a few movies explaining everything from ME1 and ME2 that led to the ending 3 had and why it was good.
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the who wrote that article, I don't believe anything portrayed as fact in it. If William Usher told me the sky was blue, I'd go outside and check.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Obvious lie.

But to the ME3 ending thing, it's true for most people that it did go over their heads. The ending was AMAZING if you understood it. There's a guy on youtube who made a few movies explaining everything from ME1 and ME2 that led to the ending 3 had and why it was good.
    I understand everything about the ending, I still hate it. Please don't speak for me.

I personally don't think it was the fact that the ending was BAD but more that all the choices you made though 3 games really didn't have a very big impact on it. You can play mass effect 1-3 and make all the paragon choices and get the same ending as someone that went though mass effect 1-3 and did all the renegade choices. The only choice that really matters is do you pick, red, green, blue, or shoot the kid in the head. Sure you might get a different face here or there but it has more to do with who you were banging then really the rest of your choices.

Obvious lie.

If you mean the deep-thought indoctrination theory, which is the only sensible explanation anyone has ever been able to come up to the horribad ending, some of the team have mentioned they never even thought of that interpretation.
    If you meant some other of the interpretations floating around, you simply lack all semblance of a taste, and it's pointless to discuss this further.

As for the OT;
    Credibility of the the guy claiming to be a former viral marketer is certainly questionable, but at the same time, none of his claims are implausible enough to be outright discarded. Working the crowd from the inside is an ancient trick, and I'd be greatly suprised if it wasn't being used in some way on a large scale.

Ok, I will probably get a ton of hate from this, but I actually enjoyed the ME3 ending. Did it make my choices even more satisfying? nope. It was almost poetic, however, how simple the choices were at the end. Shepard jumps through all those hoops, overcomes so many odds, and all that it comes down to is if he will pick red/blue/green/grey. He was tired, defeated, half dead and ready to keel over at any second. I have a hard time thinking about how else they could have ended this.

Do I wish they made my decisions have a higher impact? of course I do. I just don't think the ending was horrible because of that lacking element.

OT: I think it's and elaborate hoax. I mean sure, we all think that when we see reviews that we don't agree with, but think of the company, EA. We are talking about a company that is soo cheap, they are taking a relatively successfull game ( TOR which, despite negative reviews, not only paid for its production, but has enough subscribers to continue providing a profit) and have already layed-off many of the workers on that project. I seriously doubt they would pay someone to write up a good review.

Obvious lie.

Bullshit. I understood it perfectly and thought it was so goddamn awful that it made me not buy the game out of sheer depression.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Obvious lie.

damn thoses EA trolls are quick.

Believe it or not there are people who work for EA who hate the ending too, i know...i know... what a shock.

What he explains is common practice in the customer relation industry. I used to do the same thing for an international budget airline.

I would browse social media sites to derail discussions or bomb our facebook page with advertisments until a complaint disappeared down the newsfeed.

Its an unbeleivably cheap an easy way to manage customer complaints, and I would asume EA would have a massive CR department.

Not surprising. Promotion on forums is a great thing! Really doesn't surprise me at all.

Seems very unlikely. Specially since the article is filled with contradictions. ie: He said he got laid off because the more "creative" marketing got outsourced to Asia - They also wrote he got fired due to EA's 2 new games not living up to it's sales expectations...

Sorry, but if you write an article this badly I tend not to believe anything in it...

Conspiracy theories are something we don't really allow here on MMO-C for quite a few reasons. I'm going to close this before it gets out of hand. Thanks for being civil for the little while this was open!