GPU temp spiking

So earlier I found out my GPU is overheating. When running any game with 3d, it goes from a 45d C idle to around 100d. The whole process takes about 10 secs to heat up.

GPU: XFX Radeon 7850 Double D

Both fans are at 100%
    Uses 1.000V
    Everything else is working fine.
    Not overclocking at all.
    Drivers up to date.
    Ventilation is good.

I'm about to RMA it, but before mailing it off on Monday and having to wait 2 weeks to get another one was wondering if anyone else had any advice.

Its a brand new card...

Deleted
    If this is new card would not open it - but obvious thing would be the cooler not tight enough on GPU. Other reasons depends on this behaviour being present in every game or some of them? If all of them try other driver, even much older to eliminate current family of drivers being bugged.

I would say that maybe it's been clogged up with too much dust, but since it's a brand new card that it shouldn't have happened that fast. But if you happen to have any can of compressed air (for pc cleaning) you could give it a try.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Had a similar issue on my 7970 lightning. Temps would go crazy in games, 100% fan speed would have no effect on it.

RMA it, it's broken