Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    I play since vanilla and didnt miss any seasons. S12 is the worst season ever, it's not even playable right now
    While I agree that PvP is currently absolutely imbalanced, I wonder what class you play, because you look so biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mages. I get from full HP to 0 in 1 stun. That's ridiculously a lot of burst, 340K in 5 seconds is too much.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Frost mages. I get from full HP to 0 in 1 stun. That's ridiculously a lot of burst, 340K in 5 seconds is too much.
    So trinket the stun ? Maybe ? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    So trinket the stun ? Maybe ? I dunno.
    1 trinket every 2 mins, 1 stun every 20s. Do you miss something?

Deleted
    Am i evil for saying that low lvl pvp is much better than lvl 90 pvp?

Cause im freaking leveling a new alt now and im loving it. Yeah well.. i would still say overall best class is a mage, while class that pop cds gotta be a druid followed by warriors. If resto druids in cat form is not ignoring armor, i think they can crit as high as like 160k on mages if allowed to use fera bite-.-
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-10-08 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    You should never, ever pick to play the FoTM class. You should always opt to play their hard counter.
    ^
    Love this guy

Warrior
    BM Hunter
    Shadow Priest
    Frost Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    WoW pvp has almost never been worse. Arguably s5 was worse, but if you excluded paladins, deathknights and hunters, s5 was a pretty balanced season.

Stupid overpowered:
    Mages
    Spriests
    BM hunters
    Ret

Too strong:
    Destro locks
    Enhancement
    Warrior burst
    All healers except priests
    Hybrid healing
    I won't disagree with this entirely. But I caution anyone against choosing a hunter (ESPECIALLY BM) just because they are good right now. I had played a BM hunter for years before the great hunter nerf of 2009. It was a few months after WotLK was released and BM went from OP to worthless and until just now has been completely worthless. We're talking nearly 4 years of worthlessness. So, if you want your favorite class/spec to be worthless for 4 years...pick a BM hunter. I ended up just switching to druid.

Deleted
    Can warriors hold up at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    DKs ?! Really ?! I'm gonna assume your druid is a boomkin.
    Getting hit regularly with 200-250k frost strike + obliterate together with 55% resi.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Getting hit regularly with 200-250k frost strike + obliterate together with 55% resi.
    No you're not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    impossible numbers sorry.

edit: in my opinion:
    Unbalanced OP
    BM hunter
    Warrior

Overpowered
    Mages (as usual)
    Blood fear
    Psyfiend

Possibly slightly too powerful I see enhancement shamans, they never seem to die, but I think that really they really aren't that overpowered and probably about right in rated arenas / BGs.
    Last edited by mmoc19d6468924; 2012-10-08 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    You clearly have not met a fire mage yet.
    I also tend to believe you're not even full pvp-crafted gear yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    1 trinket every 2 mins, 1 stun every 20s. Do you miss something?
    Well Deep Freeze is every 30 seconds, not 20 seconds but that is semantics I guess. Frost Mages cannot 100-0 someone in a Deep Freeze without using the Glyph and using all of their cooldowns while the opponent does literally nothing. You are making it seem like every Deep Freeze is a 100-0 scenario, which just isn't the case. They have windows for when they can burst and you can use your cooldowns appropriately to counter their cooldowns. Most people just don't pay attention to when those windows are and they get blown out by it. Lack of awareness is never X classes fault and balance changes should never be made around that. Awareness of what other classes can do in PvP is huge, just like knowing boss mechanics in PvE. If you do not stay out of the Fire in PvE you deserve to die, just like if you do not pay attention to your opponent in PvP. Researching other classes is the best thing you can ever do, imo.

It is pretty clear that BM and Warriors are at the top of needing to be tuned. There are other classes that need to be tuned as well, obviously, but not as much as those two. Mostly it is just stupid mechanics that are in need fixing for the other classes, Blood Fear is dumb for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    You clearly have not met a fire mage yet.
    I also tend to believe you're not even full pvp-crafted gear yet.
    I agree, Fire has much more insane burst. Easily capable of doing 3-4 Pryoblast (70-100k+ each) within a single Deep Freeze, and this is repeatable every 45 seconds when Combustion comes up (every 30 seconds with Deep Freeze if you get lucky procs/use Alter Time).

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    impossible numbers sorry.

edit: in my opinion:
    Unbalanced OP
    BM hunter
    Warrior

Overpowered
    Mages (as usual)
    Blood fear
    Psyfiend

Possibly slightly too powerful I see enhancement shamans, they never seem to die, but I think that really they really aren't that overpowered and probably about right in rated arenas / BGs.
    While I agree that Warriors are OP atm, they are not comparable to BM hunters. Not even close.

Deleted
    I don't get the BM Hunter being overpowered part...
    Play one myself, granted my gear isn't much yet, but I can't kill anything.

Warriors: Approx 5 seconds, i'm dead
    Ret: They outheal my dps
    DK: Unkillable, or i'm dead in 5 seconds
    Mage: I'm dead in 5 seconds
    Lock: They seem to go down, but then their HP simply goes up again
    Rogue: Agreed, killable
    Shaman: Only met resto yet, unkillable ofcourse
    Druid: Same as Shaman
    Other Hunters: Killable
    sPriest: I'd better just not engage them, no use
    Monk: Not met many yet

Perhaps BM starts to shine at better gear levels. Either that, or everyone is biased by BM performance at levels lower than 90.

Edit: I guess I've only played random BG's that outgear me and have too many healers in it.
    Last edited by mmoc1b829edf9e; 2012-10-09 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butger View Post
    Play one myself, granted my gear isn't much yet, but I can't kill anything.

Warriors: Approx 5 seconds, i'm dead
    Ret: They outheal my dps
    DK: Unkillable, or i'm dead in 5 seconds
    Mage: I'm dead in 5 seconds
    Lock: They seem to go down, but then their HP simply goes up again
    Rogue: Ambush, stab, stab, usually i'm dead
    Shaman: Only met resto yet, unkillable ofcourse
    Druid: Same as Shaman
    Other Hunters: Killable
    sPriest: I'd better just not engage them, no use
    Monk: Not met many yet

Perhaps BM starts to shine at better gear levels. Either that, or everyone is biased by BM performance at levels lower than 90.
    You have L2P issues if a rogue is beating you.

Quote Originally Posted by Butger View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatexoxo View Post
    I realize that they have had their damaged toned a little. But that was not really enough seeing as damage is not the only thing that matters in arenas. If you think that Warriors are fine right now I would say that you are biased.
    It's not warriors burst, there are several other classes capable of similar accomplishments on a 3/5 minutes cooldown. It's the combination of burst, control, survivability and so on - something rogue had for the most part of cata and 9 out 10 classes complained about. But looking at the toolsets of other classes, several new abilites/options per class it's a really tough job to balance it. Where would you start? Right now you can play warrior with a lot of comps, not all needing their strength at X or Y - if Blizzard just happens to nerf X they can still stick to comp Y and compete. And if you nerf just their burst they'll end up as useless as in the last couple of seasons.

If you have played other seasons you should know by now that the whole "wait for gear" comment is rubbish.
    Actually it's not. It's similar to forgetting to rebuff after dispell/expire - it's the difference between having somebody staying at 10% and somebody at 0%. Check Woundman, still yielding a green dagger (poor boy). Having Elegons weapon ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=86140 ) over your regular 463 ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=81577 ) is almost an 1000 dps/25% increase, that's rather huge - especially for a class like warriors scaling so well with gear since ages.

Stance dancing was never skill intensive, it was an annoyance which is why it was removed from the game. Dancing was really nothing more than having a bunch of macros for everything, hardly skill intensive. Sure if you weren't playing properly and not having the correct macros for everything I could see it maybe being more skill intensive. But if you weren't using all of the correct macros you were not playing optimally.
    Sounds like you only look at the last few seasons, i prefer looking at the bigger window. Stance dancing actually was skill intensive when you had to manage your rage and when you had to think one global ahead what you wanted to do (interrupt, reflect, stun).

Very good is relative. Relative to the WoW player base he is very good, and he has broken 2200 in every bracket other than 2s. If you truly think that Reckful is quite bad I would would hope that you are above 2500 rating. While he has not mastered the Warrior class yet he is far from anything related to bad.
    Relative to the regular WoW player probably 99% of the people posting on this board could be considered "good" or "above average" since the average guy is sitting at or below 1500 according to a bluepost IIRC. But come on, you know what we're talking about. And please don't put wrong words in my mouth, Reckful know his game. Reckful has the needed awareness and knowledge to compete in arena (as shown before many times) and i'd like to add with any class, i just stated "there are still many specific things to learn". I expect excellent warriors being capable of intercept shattering throws on their bubbling paladin teammates or intervene traps and so on - similar to those clutch vanish saps he pulled off with his rogue in the past and any advanced warriors trys to use in his play. And you might want to ask me what rating i aquired in what season/bracket/class, because it was not hard reaching that rating in rbgs while sitting at the stables as prot or carrying the flag for me team during the last season (except for those damn russian-target misconceptions ). And it wasn't hard achieving high rating during the first seasons with only dropping a windfury totem, hitting purge all night long and just kill any cloth wearer (before every class got their own survival cooldowns). Or when they introduced DKs and you just needed a paladin with a lot of endurance and patience willing to sit with you in games for ages. Or ... Actually if you happen to play the game long enough there was always a season when you could achieve everything as long as you're willing to compete and practice (and got a FOTM comp/item).

Recuperate when first introduced was 3% ever 3 seconds was it not? Second Wind heals per second for the same amount, there is no comparison. If the original Recuperate got nerfed it is safe to assume that a stronger version of it would be nerfed as well yes?
    Recup ticked for 5%/3 plus 6% damage reduction plus 20% extra healing received - and it healed all the way up to 100% even while in stealth thanks to talents. I don't like to say they nerfed it, they changed it to match the other talents. It's still useful for pvp and pve. I don't see how you could change second wind without making it useless for pve.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2012-10-09 at 02:37 PM.