Poll: Poll

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd say either Forsaken or Draenei. I don't think any race has had it worse than those two.

Draenei - betrayed by their leaders (except Velen) and exiled from their home planet. The few survivors from that are constantly hunted down by the legion to the point where they can't stay in one place for long. Hunted down and mass slaughtered to near extinction by demon-crazed orcs, who suddenly started attacking them with no warning after the two races had lived together in peace for years. It seems like every time they manage to settle down and live in peace somewhere, bad shit happens again and forces them out. Also there is a long road in Hellfire Peninsula that's paved with their bones.

Forsaken - dead people who were reanimated to serve the Lich King (slavery) and fight for him to kill their family/friends. They got their free will back, but they are now eternal walking corpses with vague memories of their past lives who can't be accepted by anyone else. Aside from a few exceptions, their family/friends from their old lives want nothing to do with them now, and even their own allies (the horde races) don't particularly trust or like them. They were forced into what they are and never asked for it.

Vote goes to Draenei I think. As bad as they've had it, they're still nice/friendly to everyone else and put on a good face. Forsaken are just hateful and bitter.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-10-07 at 05:56 PM.

Tauren.

But it's not their fault hamburgers are so delicious. :P

I really have to say Forsaken or Orcs have the most tragic stories, but the Draenei are more sympathetic. The Forsaken and Orcs as a whole aren't as... stoic about how they handle being beat on as a race as much as the Draenei did.

My vote is for the Forsaken. The Draenei are a close second with their long history of being victimized, but at least the ones who made it to Azeroth alive have a decent chance of living in relative peace. No member of the Forsaken really has any hope of a normal life.

the forsaken

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken... because they had to die to become one... sorta

Assuming that whatever transpired when they were still human does not count as history for the Forsaken (if anything, it would be a sad day for the living and a somewhat decent day for the undeath, seeing as that was when they were born)

My vote goes to Draenei.
    They got betrayed, massacred, hunted down all for choosing not to side with Sargeras.

Trolls may have had it bad too, were they united. But with all their infighting between tribes I am more inclined to think they had it coming rather than it being sad,
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Assuming that whatever transpired when they were still human does not count as history for the Forsaken (if anything, it would be a sad day for the living and a somewhat decent day for the undeath, seeing as that was when they were born)
    Finaly someone who understands it. Only weak-willed can consider it curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Forsaken, no contest

while each race has had its ups and downs the forsaken have had it worse

even the name of the race tells you that they are outcasts and cursed

Every other race has suffered but the forsaken takes the cake

They are living undead mere zombies who only live just for vengance they dont feel anything it must be living hell to be a forsaken while the other races yes they have suffered in the past but them personally they dont suffer anything except maybe guilt what there forefathers did
    it's not hell if you don't feel anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Assuming that whatever transpired when they were still human does not count as history for the Forsaken (if anything, it would be a sad day for the living and a somewhat decent day for the undeath, seeing as that was when they were born).
    The problem with what you wrote is that even the Forsaken consider their condition as a curse. Sylvanas herself complains about it.

"What are we if not slaves to this torment?"

"What joy is there in this curse?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    That's tough, honestly I can't choose 1.
    The least saddening is Gnomes.
    Most Saddening are Orc and Draenei.
    in between are Pandaren, Human, and Undead.
    The least sad is Gnomes?

I lost my city to a lvl 30 elite. That's devastating.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Gnomes just cause they've all had to be gnomes there entire life.

Draenei and Forsaken both have very sad histories. Draenei might "win" just from the length of time though.

I voted Draenei. 25,000 years of fleeing from the Legion, death, destruction of all the worlds they're visiting... And then the orcs turn and 90% of those who survived up until Draenor are killed, the rest forced into hiding and many of the survivors being rendered unable to call upon the Light, the cornerstone of their civilization.

That said, their lore is also the best in the game, in my opinion. Really fun to RP one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Sargeras told the Eredar that they would be bringers of enlightenment. I don't understand how you people can argue that this isn't being tricked. It's seriously the textbook definition of a trick.
    Late answer, had to dig really hard to get it
    From rise of horde:
    "Velen's fellow leaders were also his friends. He was particularly close to Kil'jaeden, the most powerful and decisive of the three.
    Friends they had been down the years that had slipped by unnoticed by beings beyond the reach of time. That Kil'jaeden was
    inclined to accept the offer carried more weight with Velen than Archimonde's opinion, which, though usually sound, could
    occasionally be swayed by appeals to his vanity.
    Velen thought again of the image shown to them by Sargeras. Worlds for them to conquer, and more importantly, to explore and
    investigate; for above all, the eredar were curious. For beings so powerful, knowledge was what meat and drink were to lesser
    beings, and Sargeras offered them a tantalizing glimpse into what could be theirs if they would only . . .
    Only swear their loyalty to him."
    "Both of them laughed, and for a moment Velen was warmed by their affection. Then they quieted, and he sensed that they, at
    least, had already made up their minds. Velen felt his heart sink as he watched them go, hoping that he would make the right
    decision"
    "There was yet a chance—Archimonde frowned, "This is not a glimpse into the future that We can verify. It is only
    your hunch."
    Velen stared at his old friend, then turned his eyes to Kil’jaeden. Kil’jaeden was not bound by his vanity as Archimonde was. He
    was decisive and wise....
    'Archimonde is right," Kil’jaeden said smoothly. "There is no veracity here, only an image in your own mind.""

Long story short, they knew everything and still accepted it and you can read that from first pages in the story, Sargeras didn't lie to them a bit (he didn't say full truth), Velen told them the full story, they chose to ignore him and went willingly to Sargeras, so 2/3 of Draenei went willingly to their fate

In reverse to Orcs
    Beside Gul'dan (and a completely destroyed Ner'zhul), no one knew what the blood of mannaroth will do to them, on reverse they were told it is to unite them
    ""This is the Cup of Unity," Gul'dan said in a reverent voice. "This is the Chalice of Rebirth. I offer this to the leader of every clan,
    and he in turn may offer it to anyone in his clan whom he wishes particularly blessed by the beings who have been so very, very
    good to us. Who will come forth first, to pledge his loyalty and receive his blessings?""

And Kil'jaedin tricked all horde, with each clan he impersonated their elder to gain their trust, this part for example from Durotan's mind
    "Yet Mother Kashur herself had assured Drek’Thar that the draenei were a threat so dire as to be almost unimaginable."
    Last edited by sam86; 2012-10-08 at 08:08 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    I am a bit torn between the forsaken and the draenei.

I find the draenei story god awfull, but the forsaken one perhaps more scary to me. There is something really awfull about being raised as undead. It's like my fear of robots. Not everyone fears them, but I despise them more than anything. Same would be the case of rotten, but "living" flesh, combined with loss of many emotions which have turned them into what they generally are today. Evil little pricks that knows very well what they once were, and have to watch that every day through those that are still human.

Deleted
    forsaken since most of them hadnt had a choice in becoming an undead.
    while the dranei who lived a live of hardship, did have a choice too remain themself and run or become a demon. something which the forsaken couldnt.

Deleted
    Human.

While the Forsakens story is a sad one, it happened as much to the Humans as the Forsaken. Then count the amount of land and members they lost between the Scourge, Forsaken, Orcs, Burning Crusade, and Deathwing. Not easy being Human.

Draenei or the Forsaken

Draenei because they have been forced to leave their homeland after getting nearly wiped out by Sargeras.

Forsaken because they rely on death to create their race