need quick help please

was messing around with my resolution

and now i have a black bar that surrounds my screen, and only my game screen, it isnt windowed or anything, and the black bars are not there when im tabbed out. only when i am in game.

how do i put it back to max out my screen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a few different things...

[1] potential Direct X driver issue? You say the "surrounding bars" aren't present any place except WoW, so this might be a bit of a stretch, but it might be worth looking to see that your Direct X drivers are up to date.

[2] Some of the in-game options have been wonk lately. An example I've experienced is that quest tracking (through the Blizzard UI) seems to toggle itself OFF after having been ON previously. I'm wondering if MAYBE your resolution got toggled to something less than your screen's optimal size? /shrug ... The game might have set itself to a default resolution of (guessing) 800x600, and if your monitor supports 1024x768 or a higher resolution.. maybe the resolution switched and thus created the "bars"?

[3] You don't mention any issues with graphics outside of WoW, but if it's not a driver issue for Direct X or the resolution resetting itself, you might want to check the drivers for your video card/the video card itself. That might be a long-shot as well; but given you don't mention any specs for the PC/Mac in question, it must be considered.

Not sure what else to offer at the moment. Hopefully something from this will prove useful though.

Edit: There are some addons that can be used to.. manipulate the screen size area shown (I forget names, but one allowed the lower part of the screen to be raised to create a zone along the bottom that was black-background on which your action bars could be displayed). Maybe an addon issue? Again, not likely, but trying to exhaust a list.
    Last edited by Invictus9001; 2012-09-30 at 07:06 AM.

#FlightIsImportant

number 2 sounds right

because usually im set to 1920x1080

then set it lower just to see what would happen, then when the black border showed up i decided i didnt want that, set it back to where i had it supposedly but it didnt actually change. im assuming this is something that will get fixed Tuesday sigh =/

Deleted
    Try:
    Code:
    /run WorldFrame:SetUserPlaced(false) ReloadUI()

that didnt seem to work, im guessing its some internal problem that blizzard has to fix.

tried without addons?

tried delete your config.WTF in the WTF folder?