Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norzuk View Post
    And shield matter for armor pourposes
    Neither Rogue nor Warrior disarm ever removed stats of disarmed weapons. Even when you are not able to use the shield you still have the armor it provides.

Don't believe me? Get disarmed and see you are not missing 15k armor.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2012-10-09 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyon View Post
    I think Rogues are fine its just the other classes that are too strong.

Rogue damage has been nerfed but they still have really good CC.
    The problem is that almost every other class has just as high CC now aswell as higher damage.

Other classes should have their CC drasticly reduced but Rogues should keep theirs, that would balance out their low damage output.
    awwww, rogues do well as long as everyone is really well nerfed or rogues really well buffed? I think it is the player not the class myself tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norzuk View Post
    I'm playing a warrior in MOP, however lots of things changed, i confess I didn't realize now that all disarms remove weapon and shield. THIS IS DUMB. And shield matter for armor pourposes, ok, colossus smash, but it makes some difference in the end.

To start I agree rogues need some work, you can't tell what is what anymore, but in no way they lost their utility. Compairing rogues to warrior isn't the way to go. Otherwise we will start a comparison with warriors and druids (won't go anywhere), warriors and DKs (also won't go anywhere). The MS nerf was came with all classes wanting to have that debuff, blizz listened and ended up nerfing it.

All classes are losing their uniqueness just because players compare. We MUST stop this! Do you really want to boost your class, in this case rogues. I DO AGREE, but please stop compairing two diferent classes.
    Once again, you were being condescendant to that other guy and you were not aware of things of your own class.

Of course you don't want to compare class to class because it makes warriors look very overpowered.

Compairing rogues to warrior isn't the way to go. Otherwise we will start a comparison with warriors and druids (won't go anywhere), warriors and DKs (also won't go anywhere). The MS nerf was came with all classes wanting to have that debuff, blizz listened and ended up nerfing it.
    I DO AGREE, but please stop compairing two diferent classes.
    When warriors (not yourself) say that rogues are fine because they are a utility class, it does make sense to then compare rogue utility to warrior utility to highlight how (as you mentioned) classes have been normalised and the unique lockdown of a rogue has been given to others. Otherwise yeah, it's silly to compare for example a mage to a paladin.... unless the mage starts arguing that paladins have too much CC
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2012-10-10 at 12:55 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Rogues arent a utility class atall..
    infact, rogues are the only PURE melee ingame.

DK's can tank
    warriors can tank
    paladins can heal/tank
    druids can heal/tank/ranged
    monks can heal/tank

the ONLY pure melee is a rogue, and we are at the bottom of that pile. in both damage AND utility. there is a problem there, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    DK's can tank
    warriors can tank
    paladins can heal/tank
    druids can heal/tank/ranged
    monks can heal/tank
    Careful, we need to keep quiet about that oversight incase Blizzard notices and decides to give us a 4th tree for tanking. Sumo perhaps?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    I havent met any rogue yet in a BG, they are overnerfed. Well atleast i can level my shammy xD

I feel rogues are overnerfed, bigtime, yes we scale well with gear. so change that. you can cry utility all you want, the fact is every other mele has the same/more utility nowadays, especially hybrids (anyone remember the old, 'kitties should be doing less dps then rogues are they are pure dps' haha...

smaller toolkit, smaller dps.

it isnt right.

what other melee has even CLOSE to the utility of rogues apart from warriors right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    what other melee has even CLOSE to the utility of rogues apart from warriors right now?
    Feral druids? DK's and Monks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    How many pure melees this game has? One.

Deleted
    You know sub is better then Assa in pvp,right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krutis View Post
    You know sub is better then Assa in pvp,right?
    Definitely is. But it's not strong enough. All that's missing is cooldowns though.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF?!

I can't kill someone within 10 seconds of stunlocks and disarms while I regen 6k hp/3s any more?!

GOD, BLIZZ! /wrist
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Nothing happened to rogues.

Something just happened to everyone else.

Grats, everyone else is now on par with your class.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

holy sh**! soooo many people in this thread, who think they know it all and keep on spewing out random advice over rogues~~

person 1: "rogues are pvp-dps. if you wanna do dps in pve, you gotta play another class"
    person 2: "rogues are pve-dps, if you wanna do dps in pvp, you gotta play another class"

yeah right, why dont you just go and drill yourself a hole in your knee please? i would very much appreciate this!

my personal experience as a combat rogue: im, most of the time, at the top in 5 man heroics - even on single target-fights. but it gets different in raids - we got some good burstdamage with ar and shadowblades, but after that it just starts to feel too slow and clunky. you're just waiting for the energy to regen/getting a few lucky proccs so you can ss again, wich is quite boring. maybe its gonna get better with 3k+ haste, but for the moment its very boring and i'd prefer the paladins fcfs-rotation any day over this.

my gearlvl is btw only around 454 or so, but i completely reforged and enchanted myself to the hit- and exp-cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    holy sh**! soooo many people in this thread, who think they know it all and keep on spewing out random advice over rogues~~

person 1: "rogues are pvp-dps. if you wanna do dps in pve, you gotta play another class"
    person 2: "rogues are pve-dps, if you wanna do dps in pvp, you gotta play another class"

yeah right, why dont you just go and drill yourself a hole in your knee please? i would very much appreciate this!

my personal experience as a combat rogue: im, most of the time, at the top in 5 man heroics - even on single target-fights. but it gets different in raids - we got some good burstdamage with ar and shadowblades, but after that it just starts to feel too slow and clunky. you're just waiting for the energy to regen/getting a few lucky proccs so you can ss again, wich is quite boring. maybe its gonna get better with 3k+ haste, but for the moment its very boring and i'd prefer the paladins fcfs-rotation any day over this.

my gearlvl is btw only around 454 or so, but i completely reforged and enchanted myself to the hit- and exp-cap.

Raids and Dungeons forums are over there ============>
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    WTF?!

I can't kill someone within 10 seconds of stunlocks and disarms while I regen 6k hp/3s any more?!

GOD, BLIZZ! /wrist
    who said that? reported for trolling/spamming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Nothing happened to rogues.

Something just happened to everyone else.

Grats, everyone else is now on par with your class.
    If the class is on par with the rest, why did so many top rogues switch class and why it's so under-represented in 3v3 arena right now? If it wasn't for Ecliptium, one would say they have disappeared from the entire thing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Definitely is. But it's not strong enough. All that's missing is cooldowns though.
    And some more mobility. And Faerie Fire duration changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually i think we should really have our regular throw apply poisons.. right now the only use is keeping the enemy in combat and tbh, it applying poisons wouldnt even be OP. (Refer: Shuriken Throw)

Honestly though, the Arena Pass has just opened and after finishing itemizing the character i ended up with 48.27% PvP Power and over 46% mastery. The amount of damage i can dish out with cooldowns up is really really insane.

The problem is is that i dont want that damage, i want proper control :/