Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is rogues harder to level than other classes ? (88+)

Hai.

So yeah ive been leveling both my rogue and my dk in mop now.
    All my guildies went straight up to 90 with decent speed.
    On my rogue. For the life of me. Im struggling like hell. Takes ages killing mobs and quests take forever. And terrible survivalability. Im down to like 8% on each mob.
    Currently lvl 89 on the rogue and leveling in dread wastes. Also 88 on my dk. But when i try the same mobs that i struggle with on the rogue. I more or less faceroll through them. And thats mostly in quest greens. Got dungeon blues on the rogue

starting to think i am bugged or something

*edit* currently leveling as assassination. Also tried combat
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2012-09-27 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    I'm currently having the same problem on my 88 rogue.

The damage feels -really- slow and watching others killing the same mobs as me, it just seems like they do it a lot faster.

For the record, I'm currently leveling as sub-rogue with a decent amount of dungeon blues and quest-greens.

Deleted
    I am not having any issues, playing assassination for leveling. I think it's definitely a L2P issue really.

Deleted
    Assassination does indeed feel sluggish to level as. I've been noticing how my ability to clear mobs has been going down rapidly as I've leveled up. The fact that it's passive spec truly does shine through when used for these purposes.

I have been leveling as assassination and just hit 89. I am doing just fine as long as I don't take on more than two mobs at a time. I switched to subtlety for about 5 minutes and the damage was much lower than assassination. Just get a decent 'rotation' going as assassination and you will plow through mobs. Btw, I have replaced most of my gear with quest greens at this point and use two green quest daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by gerni View Post
    I have been leveling as assassination and just hit 89. I am doing just fine as long as I don't take on more than two mobs at a time. I switched to subtlety for about 5 minutes and the damage was much lower than assassination. Just get a decent 'rotation' going as assassination and you will plow through mobs. Btw, I have replaced most of my gear with quest greens at this point and use two green quest daggers.
    same as i have. Also using 2 quest green daggers.

And l2p issue. I keep recuperate, slice and dice and rupture up. Doing my rotation. Also. i do just fine in dungeons. Always topping the meters. So its not a l2p issue.

Im getting critted for 80-100k and hit for shitloads. recuperate doesnt heal nearly enough and neither do leeching poison.

and even while keeping the rotation going on mobs. I see frost mages coming in and frostball mobs to death before they even reach the mage.

Deleted
    Some survivability tips:

Deadly Momentum Glyph (And damage really, worked in with burst of speed)
    Nerve Strike
    Leeching Poison if your Combat/sub spec (since it only procs from melee strikes so not poison damage)
    If Assassination I'd pick up Elusiveness instead of leeching, along with the improved feint glyph

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the more you level, the lower your stats become, so, as assassination that means, your spell hit is going to be much lower than the required for the level of mobs your facing, so your poison procs would be less, thus your damage lower. It's probably just a quality of life thing for the time being, that and if you're not using legendaries for the insane proc amounts for ass, you might as well retalent yourself to combat or sub. You could also try reforging to hit and see if that helps any.

When I'm killing mobs I just stare at my energy bar wondering when I'm going to get some energy so I can do something

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Hai.

So yeah ive been leveling both my rogue and my dk in mop now.
    All my guildies went straight up to 90 with decent speed.
    On my rogue. For the life of me. Im struggling like hell. Takes ages killing mobs and quests take forever. And terrible survivalability. Im down to like 8% on each mob.
    Currently lvl 89 on the rogue and leveling in dread wastes. Also 88 on my dk. But when i try the same mobs that i struggle with on the rogue. I more or less faceroll through them. And thats mostly in quest greens. Got dungeon blues on the rogue

starting to think i am bugged or something

*edit* currently leveling as assassination. Also tried combat

UM.... W H A T ?!

I have so far started on a Feral druid, Ret Paladin, Survival Hunter and Shadow Priest, besides my Rogue.
    The rogue was either 2nd easiest or 1st.
    I can't imagine how you are having troubles.
    Leeching poison = Win
    Shiv Leeching poison = more win
    Subtely rogue using Slice and Dice = win due to energy regen buff= WIN
    Evis hits like a truck now for Sub = win
    Cloak and Vanish if I'm ever in serious trouble
    Blind = win
    Sap = win
    Gouge = win

Seriously, I don't even begin to understand what the problem is with leveling a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarx View Post
    Well, the more you level, the lower your stats become, so, as assassination that means, your spell hit is going to be much lower than the required for the level of mobs your facing, so your poison procs would be less, thus your damage lower. It's probably just a quality of life thing for the time being, that and if you're not using legendaries for the insane proc amounts for ass, you might as well retalent yourself to combat or sub. You could also try reforging to hit and see if that helps any.
    /sigh

Spell hit is meaningless.

I hate saying "it's the gear", but it's the gear.
    I'm still rocking most of my T13 heroic gear in Kun'lai at 88 (cleared through all of Jade and a good chunk of Four Winds). I can get 2-3, but not more without popping survivability CDs.
    Playing as Assassination w/ the legendary daggers still.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

No issues on my end, mind you we aren't 3 shotting things but I have no real problems. Sometimes I fight 3 mobs at a time if I'm feeling cheeky and evasion is up. Leeching poisons and the new undead racial work really well together in that respect. Keep in mind to save time, just sap mobs and get your objectives done without wasting time.fighting.

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    Playing as Assassination w/ the legendary daggers still.
    Haha my daggers and my H Rhyolith cape are the only things i haven't replaced

From my experience it's a pain. Using quest gear as I go which, though increasing my survivability, seems to really be killing my DPS and energy regen. Feels like my computers hanging that it's so sluggish.

I'm finding I have to rely on cheapshot, sap etc a lot more just to keep damage from ads under control so I don't get pounded.

Bizzarely there seems to be some mobs that go down very easily without touching health and and some that near destroy me and I need to use all my cooldowns for. I'm not sure the mobs are particularly even in damage/hp at all.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

15+ Year Old Account
    I leveled with full cata pvp gear. No quest items or PVE items. 410 pvp daggers, as assasination. In dread wastes I took loads of damage and the mobs died pretty slow but i managed.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    I leveled with full cata pvp gear. No quest items or PVE items. 410 pvp daggers, as assasination. In dread wastes I took loads of damage and the mobs died pretty slow but i managed.
    Well. i manage aswell. But it so terribly slow. The last level seem like an endless grind

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed you said you're doing your "Rotation."

Stop that. Rogue has utility that makes other classes cry. Use it. Stunlock your enemies. Start fights in stealth. Use Feint and combat readiness. Seriously this might not seem like a L2P issue as you're appearently reading guides just fine... but instead it seems like a L2P differently than you're used to on raid bosses issue
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

compared to what wow leveling was in vanilla and TBC... I dont think u can justify using the word hard in any wow comparison.
    This game is easy, so u dont do more dmg then other classes whilst leveling buuhuu... who the fack cares...? If not rogues, its gonna be somebody else.

Deleted
    I'm not a rogue but I play feral, and yes it's difficult, my damage is fine but energy regen is so messed up at lvl 88-89 it just makes it hard to kill anything. I guess rogues are having a similar problem as our regen has always been somewhat, similar.

Deleted
    Rogues are amazing for the leveling part. At 88 I was able to solo Dread Wastes rares with ease, and regular mobs aren't any harder.

Just make sure you stun often and spec into Nerve Strike.