Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Flashing Steel Talisman and Searing Words are currently the best trinkets. Flashing Steel Talisman is approximately 500 more DPS than Windswept Pages. Like other people have said, the Direbrew trinket is quite awful. It has a 10% chance to proc off critical hits, and it's not like we have insane crit rate at this gear level.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    Flashing Steel Talisman and Searing Words are currently the best trinkets. Flashing Steel Talisman is approximately 500 more DPS than Windswept Pages. Like other people have said, the Direbrew trinket is quite awful. It has a 10% chance to proc off critical hits, and it's not like we have insane crit rate at this gear level.
    My windswept pages are simming significantly (few houndred) dps higher than the Flashing Steel Talisman. Flashing Steel can of course be combined with CD's, but so can the windswept proc, and I much prefer haste to up my focus regen (I'll be aiming for 2404 haste to get an extra tick of Dire Beast when the talisman is proc'd, and hopefully be able to line them up).

  3. #23
    What does FD mean? You made a comment saying "As the title says, FD is down atm so can't use that so i thought i might ask here." New to playing a hunter and just heard of FD besides fd meaning feign death as a spell. Thanks

  4. #24
    FD in this case means www.femaledwarf.com

  5. #25
    my Searing Words and Zen Alchemist trinket seem to sim better then any other blue combination. Any alchemist hunter here that can confirm that?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    My windswept pages are simming significantly (few houndred) dps higher than the Flashing Steel Talisman. Flashing Steel can of course be combined with CD's, but so can the windswept proc, and I much prefer haste to up my focus regen (I'll be aiming for 2404 haste to get an extra tick of Dire Beast when the talisman is proc'd, and hopefully be able to line them up).
    This is for SV though, right? Flashing Steel seems way significantly better than Windswept for BM(though I have not simmed it yet), due to lining up so perfectly with out major CDs.
    Ren of <Haven>, US Proudmoore

  7. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,082
    Flashing Steel with Lynx Rush is amazing, I'll say that. Yet to get windswept to drop.

  8. #28
    i prefer flashing steel cause it lines up with lynx rush perfectly

    though i actually way for searing words to proc and use rabid with it as well for some truly epic lynx rushes.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Yeah noticed they removed the flat agi on it. Used to be like 1k agi on it aswell. Unless wowhead is bugged, we'll see wed i guess.
    It has a lot of pvp power on it, so I guess they made the change to make it less viable in pve/more viable in pvp

  10. #30
    I just got my hands on this one. http://www.wowhead.com/item=86043#shared-cooldown

    What do you think I should use with this? Searing? Atm I have Zen Alchemist Stone.

  11. #31
    what's the ICD for alch stone? I know searing is around 90 seconds cause it lines up with flashing steel and lynx rush perfectly.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ishyhunt View Post
    my Searing Words and Zen Alchemist trinket seem to sim better then any other blue combination. Any alchemist hunter here that can confirm that?
    FD is telling me with the Scholo/Jade trinkets.

    Combined: 61855.31

    FD also tells me with Scholo/Alch trinkets. Mastery>Crit reforge

    Combined: 62311.96

    +456.65 with Alch trinket.

    Though I'm slightly below hit/exp caps. And the websites still think the PVP chest/ring I have are still 464 ilvl epics. I passed on what would now be upgrades the day I got them! Blizzard trolls.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-10-06 at 12:20 AM.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  13. #33
    FD isn't so good with haste, most likely the windswept pages is overvalued a lot.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    FD isn't so good with haste, most likely the windswept pages is overvalued a lot.
    Or undervalued.

    Haste was being valued at 0.25ish, Mastery at 0.5, and every other stat over 1.1.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    FD is telling me with the Scholo/Jade trinkets.

    Combined: 61855.31

    FD also tells me with Scholo/Alch trinkets. Mastery>Crit reforge

    Combined: 62311.96

    +456.65 with Alch trinket.

    Though I'm slightly below hit/exp caps. And the websites still think the PVP chest/ring I have are still 464 ilvl epics. I passed on what would now be upgrades the day I got them! Blizzard trolls.
    How about Alch + Jade Bandit?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    FD isn't so good with haste, most likely the windswept pages is overvalued a lot.

    Actually, haste would be *undervalued*, as it averages your haste from procs out (so if you get 3K haste for 20 secs with a 60 sec ICD, it calculates it as 1K passive haste), meaning it doesn't account for stacking CD's under the "mini lust" proc.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    How about Alch + Jade Bandit?
    For some reason my DPS with the same settings is like 1.5k off from before. Just gonna do a fresh.

    All Trinkets are reforged to Crit, don't want to get funky results with reforging certain trinkets to meet hit/exp caps.

    1st - DMC/JadeBandit - 62245.20
    2nd - DMC/ZenAlchStone - 62165.89
    3rd - DMC/SearingWords - 62103.42
    4th - DMC/WindSwept - 61765.79
    5th - ZenAlchStone/JadeBandit - 60615.14
    6th - SearingWords/Jade Bandit - 60549.81
    7th - SearingWords/ZenAlchStone - 60375.43
    8th - ZenAlchStone/WindSwept - 60126.82
    9th - WindSwept/JadeBandit - 60118.22
    10th - SearingWords/WindSwept - 60059.92

    All based on my current gear, slightly below hit/exp caps. Full raid buff/debuffs/prepot, 7 minute fight, and 80 latency.

    Seems like the Alchemy Trinket is pretty strong.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-10-06 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Increased list.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Actually, haste would be *undervalued*, as it averages your haste from procs out (so if you get 3K haste for 20 secs with a 60 sec ICD, it calculates it as 1K passive haste), meaning it doesn't account for stacking CD's under the "mini lust" proc.

    i guess if you're syncing it with DB for the extra attack but all it's giving you apart from that is miniscule focus regen, slightly faster cobra/autoshot.

    We don't have anything that synergizes well with haste like other classes do like the dot classes.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i guess if you're syncing it with DB for the extra attack but all it's giving you apart from that is miniscule focus regen, slightly faster cobra/autoshot.

    We don't have anything that synergizes well with haste like other classes do like the dot classes.
    It's still undervalued, nonetheless.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i guess if you're syncing it with DB for the extra attack but all it's giving you apart from that is miniscule focus regen, slightly faster cobra/autoshot.
    You're also forgetting extra pet attacks and pet regen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •