Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I generally stay away from the official forums... they scare me...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    2 hours really? Ugh that is a huge let down. I was hoping at the very least it would have some elements like hatching to Taun Taun egg where it would take people a few weeks to figure out or something.
    The quests are very straightforward. I'd say that with a decent group, you could finish everything in one evening, but for it to take only 2 hours, you'd probably just be speeding through everything and not paying attention to cut scenes or other dialogue.

Definitely a bit of a letdown in the difficulty department, but still seems to be an interesting series of quests nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Has anyone read threads on the official forums regarding this unfortunate turn of events?
    EA better shut down the austin studio before those people decide to go burn it down.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The next logical step is an even better version from the cash shop. I wish anyone who worked there read this forum, but I seriously doubt they do. Has anyone read threads on the official forums regarding this unfortunate turn of events?
    Even if they did look at stuff here or on their own forums for that matter, there seems to be a divide in direction. This would explain so many top ppl leaving or being let go. Its a damn shame too this game had such a high ceiling that it never came anywhere near. I was looking forward to F2P if for no other reason then to run and surely get wrecked in a WZ with my old ranked group. Sadly of the 20 or so that were still playing all but 3 quit in the last 3 weeks. For now we are left wondering what might have been. This has the feel of a bad sports team that has a big payroll and a few all star caliber players but some major holes on the team so they never win. As a result year in and year out they fire ppl and dump talent and in the long run each person pays for the crimes of the person they replaced. During all of this nothing is improved upon. I really hope I am wrong this was a fun game and still has a flicker of hope even if a typhoon is heading its way to blow it out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If you want to make it more epic, don't look at guides. It's like people complaining that the OPs are too easy because they've watched videos detailing exactly what to do instead of trying to learn it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    If you want to make it more epic, don't look at guides. It's like people complaining that the OPs are too easy because they've watched videos detailing exactly what to do instead of trying to learn it themselves.
    Yes...

The hardest part shouldn't be doing it. It should be figuring out HOW to do it.

That's why I opt out of reading instruction manuals from Ikea. That's also how I killed my last room mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    While you have a bit of a point there, they also could have made it harder to figure out. They have done that with things in the past where even after things were off the PTS it still took people weeks (possibly months) to figure out how to do something. This was worked out in hours...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    While you have a bit of a point there, they also could have made it harder to figure out. They have done that with things in the past where even after things were off the PTS it still took people weeks (possibly months) to figure out how to do something. This was worked out in hours...
    Most likely b/c you get a quest that says to go to point A. Then a quest that says to collect something from point B. Then a quest that says to run this FP, and so on and so on.

And being lost on a pretty average quest chain doesn't make anything feel more epic. It just makes it feel like a waste of time.

Most likely b/c you get a quest that says to go to point A. Then a quest that says to collect something from point B. Then a quest that says to run this FP, and so on and so on.

And being lost on a pretty average quest chain doesn't make anything feel more epic. It just makes it feel like a waste of time.
    As it would if you had to run 10 flashpoints or put the pieces on a "only one person" drop with a respawn of 2h. The person who did it in 2 hours just spacebared through and had a ready group to do the flashpoints + already leveld a char on the other side. For someone not having either of these it takes much longer than 1 evening. It's like someone complaining that you can get all legacy rewards too easy because some millionair just buys everything in the second it hit the servers.

There is too much complaining here about the everlasting same stuff only to waste your and my time. After swtor.com and several other sides this one drops out of my favourites.

I would have expected something on the order of the darkmantle (dungeon .5) quest series.

Or the AQ scepter.

Deleted
    Part of me mourned the missed possibility when I read that the HK questline was short. I'll wait for it to go live before judging further though as if the quest is actually enjoyable then part of me will be satisfied (like playing Max Payne 1, 2 or 3...8 hrs each to complete but what fun regardless).

I can see why a 6 month long questline would have angered many but was 2hrs the compromise? Would many people seriously have complained if they tripled the quest length? I may be out of touch with what most TOR players want but personally I was hoping for months not hours. Again though, I'm hoping it's a bloody fun 2 hrs at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    For someone not having either of these it takes much longer than 1 evening. It's like someone complaining that you can get all legacy rewards too easy because some millionair just buys everything in the second it hit the servers.
    No, no, and then no again. People on the PTR have already said that you can accomplish this easily in one night. If you don't have a character on the other side, you just level to 10 and bam done. That takes an hour or 2. And trying to compare it to the legacy system, that rewarded your entire play from the beginning of the game is stupid. It's not even close to the same fruit. Not to mention that it wasn't advertised as being epic and taking lots of time to get. But here's a shocker, it actually does take lots of time to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    There is too much complaining here about the everlasting same stuff only to waste your and my time. After swtor.com and several other sides this one drops out of my favourites.
    If your time is being wasted, please go somewhere else. Your posts are mostly unhelpful in any capacity. You choose to argue with anyone who doesn't see something your way, regardless of whether they are in love with the game or not. I give my concessions, praise, and love for this game where it is due. I have enjoyed everything in the game to this point and I am ready to come running back to it if the mangement starts to care about anything other than their jobs and the bottom line.

At this point, just doing what they say for a few months would go miles with a lot of people for credibility and enjoyment. It's been a year of saying what would happen and then falling drastically short of those intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I would have expected something on the order of the darkmantle (dungeon .5) quest series.

Or the AQ scepter.
    Exactly. The dungeon 0.5 is a good measuring stick for something like this. And that was designed 6-7 years ago. That is exactly the kind of time investment and questing that I would have expected from something like this. I feel sad for the people still eating this up thinking they have the greatest things in the world. I guess they are subconsciously glad there is no challenge for anything.

Deleted
    Glad that Tier 0.5 was brought up repeatedly. People seem to have highly selective memories, but that crap was mostly remembered for making people waste a ridiculous amount of time for getting subpar gear.

Before we go through the "It was great." - "No it was not" routine: even the not too smart devs over there never produced something even remotely similar ever again. That should serve as a hint.

I have to admit I'm a little surprised it was not harder to get even as a solo experience.

But I'm more surprised it was not a legacy companion but just a companion to have for nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Glad that Tier 0.5 was brought up repeatedly. People seem to have highly selective memories, but that crap was mostly remembered for making people waste a ridiculous amount of time for getting subpar gear.

Before we go through the "It was great." - "No it was not" routine: even the not too smart devs over there never produced something even remotely similar ever again. That should serve as a hint.
    I guess you have personal bias and a highly selective memory.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dungeon_Set_2

Let me highlight this for you.
    1) Involves more than 5 quests. In fact, most pieces have fairly lengthy quest chains.
    2) Mixes questing, farming, and spending currency.
    3) Makes you travel all over the world, sometimes to 'special' areas in lowbie zones with higher level mobs.
    4) Rewarded prestige and a moderate advantage if you didn't already have better gear.

These are things that would be welcome in SWTOR right now, since there is literally nothing to do outisde of raiding and pvp. There's no reps, nothing to collect, nothing to achieve. There is no system or even ability to create things to do. The world isn't open and the codex is laughably irrelevant.

Considering the amount of people who raided at that time was microscopic, please tell me how it was a time waste for getting 'subpar gear'. You aren't going to find people talking about it on the forums lauding it's awesomeness, because the people active on the forums are as always, a minority. These are people who raid and sometimes live and breathe these games.

You don't hear from "Joe the Plumber" (lol) on how he enjoyed it. Let me tell you. Since there was no LFR, or LFD, or really anything to help you raid...it was like adding an entire purpose to the game for them. That was 99% of players at that time. Not to mention that completionists loved doing that stuff. Why do you think people had the Insane Title before it was easy?

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post

As someone who actually got the .5 set I will say that it was a far more satisfying achievement than my nightslayer. (or any set, really) Sometimes its not about that stats.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 02:23 PM ----------

These are things that would be welcome in SWTOR right now, since there is literally nothing to do outisde of raiding and pvp. There's no reps, nothing to collect, nothing to achieve. There is no system or even ability to create things to do. The world isn't open and the codex is laughably irrelevant.

Why do you think people had the Insane Title before it was easy?
    The first thing. Yes. Oh my god yes. My wife quit swtor after she collected most of the pets and datacrons. I told her she could complete the codex for titles and she told me "Why? Its the same title for each planet." Since she doesn't play anymore I have no drive to. Which is fine because RL is kind of kicking my ass right now.

The second part. I have to say that I find the lack of "stuff" in swtor disturbing. Both me and my wife are completionist (although we tend to focus on different things) and its just like... Okay, we can RWZ or Raid. When the guild isn't here... we can... Do dailies?

It kills me.

(also, they retroactively ruined my insane title with that nerf.)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-10-16 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things I remember grinding out in WoW for days/weeks/months:

-Questline for the paladin Charger mount
    -My T2 set (5 months straight hitting BWL every week at lv85...)
    -The original Onyxia attunment questline
    -Rivendare's Charger
    -Raven Lord mount (once it opened up for everyone)

While I completed all of the above and relished the epicness of each task, I have to look back and wonder: how the fuck did I have the kind of time to do all that and what the hell was I doing with RL at that point? Needless to say, the thought of going back to something like that (more mindless grinding) makes me slightly sick to my stomach. I love the fact that there are no factions to grind out in SWTOR and if I do have time I can simple gear out all my alts. You may be surprised how long it can take to run a daily dungeon on 4-5 level 50's in one night.

So a little more epic for HK-51? Sure. But no AQ scepters please.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    I love the fact that there are no factions to grind out in SWTOR and if I do have time I can simple gear out all my alts. You may be surprised how long it can take to run a daily dungeon on 4-5 level 50's in one night.

So a little more epic for HK-51? Sure. But no AQ scepters please.

But... I like factions.

Don't you want to max out your reputation with the Gungans???

Actually...

Faction reputation as a way to unlock end game story lines would be awesome.

You get like your Cathar faction up and help them reclaim a part of Taris from the empires counter strike in some sort of assault on lorderan - ekse mission?

As interesting as the Dungeon Set 2 questline was, I feel like the materials you had to gather, and the amount of time and money you had to spend were a bit much considering the rewards. And what are we going for in this case? A companion that's slightly stronger than the ones you already have, but still won't be using outside of doing dailies for the most part.

I haven't looked at what's necessary in the gathering phase of the process, but I hope it's not just sitting on the ground at point A on planet B over and over. Like, I'd hope there'd be some kind of powerful creature guarding it, or some crotchety old person who needs unusual materials and will give it to you if you provide them, or it's on some random ledge that requires well-timed jumps, or perhaps the MGGS, to get to. I'm not going to ruin the surprise by reading a walkthrough, but I hope this part can deliver.

Deleted
    Once somebody gets a guide up online I doubt it will be difficult.

Most likely they'll do it like the Grand Acquisitions race; lock the quests off to a certain point and unlock them over several months.