Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Getting hk will be hard as getting Jedi in precu swg?

Been hearing on the swtor fb page they will make getting hk like getting Jedi in swg precu :/

Also saw in te dev interview the guy said there will be a lot of things u gotta do toget him an it's very difficult

Also sucks e ain't in 1.4, now we got more anxiety on what will happen

15+ Year Old Account
    all ive heard so far is that you will need a lvl 50 and a mid level opposing faction character.

Deleted
    Unlocking Jedi in Pre-CU took months. HK-51 will have a questline...maybe even a long questline but it won't take months imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioware stated that it will be extremely long and somewhat difficult to gain HK as your companion, but I doubt it will be months.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to bet most competitive guilds will have HKs for some of their members within a week of the patch hitting, especially if they share strategies and drop locations while it's up on PTS.

Remember the organized cooperative effort for the Tauntaun pets? Bioware can get creative with this stuff when they try, but the collaborative efforts of the community usually knock it out within a few weeks. Assuming you read fan sites (like this one?) and don't mind spoilers I'm sure it will be relatively easy for most people to get HK once the various puzzles are solved.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

With the build up towards HK's release and the difficulty of other things in the game I just can't see this being hard to do. It might be a huge time sink but if it were extremely difficult it would be trailblazing in a new direction for the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

it will probably cost 10,000 Black Hole Commendations

:P

Quote Originally Posted by 64Bit View Post
    it will probably cost 10,000 Black Hole Commendations

:P
    Or even worse cartel coins. Giving ppl a way to speed it up with those would be a train wreck though. Even with that I somewhat expect it to impact it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I doub tits gonna be that hard. it will involve some quests on rep and imp side, maybe with some group play involved. but I dont think it will be raid dififculty and far from "getting jedi" difficulty in swg, they want people to have hk51, they even made a cgi trailer, but people will have to work for it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    all ive heard so far is that you will need a lvl 50 and a mid level opposing faction character.
    Thats all that's really been released I think.

Anything thing else is just players being creative and letting their imaginations run wild.

I still think it will be an amazingly long quest line and most likely involved a few cut scenes since the story involves both sides.

Months to do it...? Not likely. (unless you just don't play much)
    Last edited by quras; 2012-10-01 at 02:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My question is why do you need characters on both sides? It's not like they would cooperate with one another, lest they be labeled as traitors/spies. It seems a bit silly if you would need to do something on each side, UNLESS:

The quests are written where the empire and republic's actions amount to the discovery/release of the droids. It's the only way for this to not be 'lore breaking'. Basic scenario would be, Republic determines location and heads to check it out. Empire quest is to follow your republic character to the location. Empire brings an item they had hidden that unlocks a room. The republic figure this out and steal the item, etc, etc.

It's just the last part of the chain, where you actually obtain the droid, that seems to have no solution as to why both sides get one. I know I'm going to have to suspend my disbelief, but it still seems a little silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    My question is why do you need characters on both sides? It's not like they would cooperate with one another, lest they be labeled as traitors/spies. It seems a bit silly if you would need to do something on each side, UNLESS:

The quests are written where the empire and republic's actions amount to the discovery/release of the droids. It's the only way for this to not be 'lore breaking'. Basic scenario would be, Republic determines location and heads to check it out. Empire quest is to follow your republic character to the location. Empire brings an item they had hidden that unlocks a room. The republic figure this out and steal the item, etc, etc.

It's just the last part of the chain, where you actually obtain the droid, that seems to have no solution as to why both sides get one. I know I'm going to have to suspend my disbelief, but it still seems a little silly.
    You could very well be right on it all but to be honest, I hope it's a little more involved than that.

I think its a legacy companion which could explain why you need a republic and empire character.

Well, if you look at your Family Tree, you CAN have a Pub toon and Imp toon as "allies".

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Well, if you look at your Family Tree, you CAN have a Pub toon and Imp toon as "allies".
    Heck you can have republic toons married to empire toons, or have them be related in anyway you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Heck you can have republic toons married to empire toons, or have them be related in anyway you want to.
    Except these are both completely arbitrary and worthless actions. Allowing them to be anything other than that would undermine the entire structure of factions within the game. It would be one thing to have a sibling or child/parent on the other faction, but they wouldn't go around supporting eachother in any event.

*Oh my, our son the Dark Lord of the Sith needs some special help acquiring a murder droid. Let's send him this Jedi Key that Satele discovered with the force in order to aid him. Maybe he will then see that the light is always forgiving!*

PS:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You can't make kissing cousins, which obviously is of more import than SGRA.

You can't make kissing cousins, which obviously is of more import than SGRA.
    You can have same gender marriages in your legacy family tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    You can have same gender marriages in your legacy family tree.
    Yes, arbitrary and meaningless ones. I thought we already covered this lol. I need my backwoods moisture farming cousin lovers or else this game is terrible and we should all quit. /sarcasm off

Imperials and Republic have worked together many times in this game when it was necessary, I don't see this as a problem. That Bioware required both faction is probably really simple. They wanted to create 1 story line for both sides and the only way to make this possible without having a copy&past story is to involve both sides which also has the side effect that player will have to have a character on either side. The more classes you play on both sides, the more interesting the story becomes because you see it from various angles as instead of only one.

However nothing will take as long as leveling Jedi pre-cu because it was not only the leveling, it was the leveing alone somewhere on a backwater planet to avoid player bounties and the possible loss of hours of grind if you got killed. I still found it too easy though as they took out perma death which would have been the only way to keep the amount of Jedi in this particular time frame as rarity.

My question is why do you need characters on both sides?
    They want you to play more of their story/prolong their content IMO. I loved levelling my vanguard to 50 and still play him a bit, but I was motivated by the hk-51 trailer lol.