Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post

Most likely they'll do it like the Grand Acquisitions race; lock the quests off to a certain point and unlock them over several months.
    ... That would be the worst of both worlds.

Easy and long.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    ... That would be the worst of both worlds.

Easy and long.
    otherwise known as Mists of Pandaria. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I agree that this would be a terrible thing to bring to SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Once somebody gets a guide up online I doubt it will be difficult.

Most likely they'll do it like the Grand Acquisitions race; lock the quests off to a certain point and unlock them over several months.
    There's already at least one guide up online.

All the content is currently non-gated on the PTS, so if they were to limit how much you could accomplish per day, it would be incredibly frustrating... just like the Grand Acquisitions Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    otherwise known as Mists of Pandaria. . .

Couldn't resist. I really wish they would make it hard. There should be something worth having that takes some skill and hard work to obtain.

by the way, didnt they say once he will be a legay unlock and clearly stated that you - once unlocked - will have him on all your legacy characters, even newly created ones? and now it seems you have to unlock him with every character, at level 50? that bothers me because i actually planned to level my bounty hunter with him.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    by the way, didnt they say once he will be a legay unlock and clearly stated that you - once unlocked - will have him on all your legacy characters, even newly created ones? and now it seems you have to unlock him with every character, at level 50? that bothers me because i actually planned to level my bounty hunter with him.
    Sorry, Moff.

No fun allowed.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Sorry, Moff.

No fun allowed.
    So this must be what their definition of 'epic' is. It's not that doing the quest one time is going to require an investment and adventure, it's that you must repeat it infinitely for each one that you want. I see...they've already learned from Blizzard's MoP strategies at how to artificially make a game have 'content'.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    AFAIK, they said that once you unlocked him on one character, it'd be easier to get him for alts. That most likely got ditched along with the epic storyline.

just wanted to link this interview here where erickson talked about the legay unlock:
    http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...aniel-erickson
    When you have a companion that’s going to all eight classes, is the dialogue going to differ at all?

It has to, right? So how you get him, the quest to get him, his dialogue, when he’s with you… all of that is obviously very different if you just decided that you have an assassin droid as a Jedi Knight, which I will say is a bit startling to him, versus getting it as a Sith Warrior. So yeah, there are completely different forks because it is a 100% developed companion character. You’re going to need some really high level stuff to actually be able to unlock him because of how complicated his quest is. But after that, he is a Legacy unlock so you can then go and get him much earlier with other characters.
    sadly, erickson left the company by now, but I doubt it would have mattered anyway, its a different game now and they obiously decided not to add new low level dialoge for all classes just because of HK-51, so they just made him a top level companion and everyone has to unlock him himself. as I said, thats a big letdown for me, I probably wont even unlock him now because I have zero use for him in endgame, I need either a tank or a healer for all my top level characters. leveling my bounty hunter with him with new great HK-47 like dialogue would have been so awesome, thats really a shame. just another nail in the coffin of this game.

Just to point out he said "a Legacy unlock so you can then go and get him much earlier with other characters" which is VERY different than a legacy unlock where once you get him on one character you automatically have him on all your other characters as well.

mhmm, I wouldnt say it leaves much room for interpretation, he says "he" is a legacy unlock, and not "parts of the quest to get him" are a legacy unlock. because thats what it is now. and you need to do level 50 quests for him with each character, that doesnt really qualify for "much earlier" in my opinion.

Well if you think that Legacy Unlock can only mean "Unlocks for all your characters to have him". But legitimately Legacy Unlock can mean "Unlocks the ability to get him quicker/earlier". I mean it's not really different then the legacy unlocks that let you get speeders at lower levels. It's the same basic concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well if you think that Legacy Unlock can only mean "Unlocks for all your characters to have him". But legitimately Legacy Unlock can mean "Unlocks the ability to get him quicker/earlier". I mean it's not really different then the legacy unlocks that let you get speeders at lower levels. It's the same basic concept.
    Seems like that makes some sense. Possibly the high level things aren't required once you do them on one character, so your level 10 can just go do the handful of quests/collect items/spend currency to finish it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That's what I had got from it, once you do it on your level 50, with help from "mid level" alt, then afterwards you'd need to only do part of it to unlock him.

But, it doesn't even look like that's in anymore. It just doesn't sync between what I had thought the quest set was going to be and what it has come out to be. That may be my fault, certainly, but since my sub was up anyway, no need to renew for me.

The thing that I'm not clear on, is that the impression I had was that the HK set of quests was pretty far along. If so little of what we got matches what they said back then, it seems they had very little done other than maybe the companion itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jedi Pre CU was random...it could take a long time because you would have to grind through the 32 different tree's because you had to master a random one to unlock a jedi. Or the other way was simply a long grind that you had to wait months for because you needed to wait for the little village from where you got quests form to move onto the next phase.

Jedi Pre CU was only 5-6 classes which has been increased afterwards so only with a complete lack of luck would you have to level all 32, especiall since the holocrons told you all but one profession.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Unlocking Jedi in Pre-CU took months. HK-51 will have a questline...maybe even a long questline but it won't take months imo.
    That's such an understatement...Hologrinding took me 9 months.