[TV] Red Dwarf X, welcome back

Anyone else pleased to see the return of the superb Red Dwarf on dave?
    if you missed it, its still as funny as ever.

BBC is making the show again, or? If so I'm really excited.

BBC gave up the rights, mate. its a brand new series on the dave freeview/satellite channel

I'm excited to see it back. I haven't watched the new series yet, but a relative of mine has and he said it felt like the old show.

So, let's just wait 'n' see.

Same actors?

Off topic: man, for the longest time I've been on the lookout for one of those Red Dwarf leather bomber jackets but they don't sell them anymore. =(

A Red Dwarf reboot. I love this idea. Now if I could get a Black Adder reboot my life would be complete. (though it would need Rowan Atkinson)

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

Chris Barrie has aged a bit hasn't he?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

it was.... Okay, I guess.

It's not really as good as it used to be is it? I think the loss of Rob Grant has really hurt the writing, it's still funny, but it's not quite as clever as it used to be, there's less subtley and more slapstick to the jokes, which I tend not to find as funny.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Eh.. I wasn't a fan of the original very much. I'm sure I'll give a remake a try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    it was.... Okay, I guess.

It's not really as good as it used to be is it? I think the loss of Rob Grant has really hurt the writing, it's still funny, but it's not quite as clever as it used to be, there's less subtley and more slapstick to the jokes, which I tend not to find as funny.
    Yes, they missed many opportunities for humour imo.

I toast, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Yes, they missed many opportunities for humour imo.
    It's not even that, it's....

It's more like they've been very lazy with the writing, instead of trying to make genuinly funny jokes, they've just fallen back on Rimmer being an ass, Lister being disgusting, Cat being stupid and Kryten being a robot. I mean, was there a single joke in that episode which wasn't based in some way around that premise?
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

I think that was more the wanted to get back to the core characters and avoid the whole Kochanski arc
    it was the first episode hopefully the season opens up to more laughs
    just happy the series made a return either way
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

If I were able to see it then yes... but I can´t.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

It was ok.

Not as shit as 7, 8 or 9 but not a good as 3, 4 or 5.

An improvement, let's see how the next couple of episodes pan out.

I never watched Red Dwarf, heard good things about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's not even that, it's....

It's more like they've been very lazy with the writing, instead of trying to make genuinly funny jokes, they've just fallen back on Rimmer being an ass, Lister being disgusting, Cat being stupid and Kryten being a robot. I mean, was there a single joke in that episode which wasn't based in some way around that premise?
    I thought they dragged out the Swedish moose joke way too far, the whisker joke way too far and missed an opportunity with the hologram resentment glitch.

I just watched it a moment ago. Missed the first viewing and just been busy since.

It was an alright episode. But wasn't anything special. Cryton was acting a little too hard, and just looked way to human for his android part. If he had acted more stiff, it would've looked much better (like when he first entered the show).
    The guy who played Rimmer was the best actor out of the group towards the first half of the show.
    But the storyline in this episode wasn't to my liking.

The moose joke was funny at one point, being where Rimmer was studying and the Kat walked in and answered his question.

I would like to see more of the season and hope they are a bigger improvement over this, and Red Dwarf's Back to Earth.

Delighted it's back, though having watched a good chunk of all the seasons they were showing in the run-up, it's odd seeing how old they've all gotten (like an above poster it's noticeable with Rimmer), and it is overall less funny, but I wasn't expecting a complete return to form anyway.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.