Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    I'm butthurt? Because I've seen the same thread a billion times? You would have known if you did a simple search. Most of the things you mentioned AREN'T EVEN VANILLA SPECIFIC. I got my Benediction in WotLK, does that mean I remember Vanilla?

    I didn't flame anyone, I simply said that none of your "memories" prove that you played vanilla. It's facts that anyone knows by now. Because of, omg, threads like these.

    If you told me a story on the other hand, about some specific experience or some grind, I'd respected your thread and story. This is just a list of features, that again, most were still there until Cata.
    This guy is so mad...
    Why the heck do you come in this thread... it baffles me how dumb you are. You see this thread like you say a billion times yet you come in and complain, don't click on the god damn thread then... you not that smart, are you?
    I played full classic and TBC, I quit wotlk and cata, came back now. And still most of my points are from classic WoW. Enough people replied to this thread, so it seems enough people are interested in classic WoW talk.
    Also, people don't get the point of this thread, they getting all defensive thinking we trying to prove we played classic WoW, what the hell? We just talking old stuff, is that wrong? You mad about it? Don't click on the thread then.
    I didn't know benediction was still available as I've never seen it anymore.
    Anyway, enjoy staying mad about this thread and how we talk about old WoW days, while you're furious raging red headed behind your computer screen, " how dare they, those annoying classic WoW players!"

    "Most were still there until cata"
    I can bet 80% of the features named in this thread, are not in cata anymore, and you're lying. Make stuff up more, please.

    Also, ignored from now on. You derail this thread.

    OT:

    When you didn't get /ginvited every 30seconds while being guildless.

    Also, anyone from Bloodscalp EU here who played from 2005 till 2007 there on alliance? PM ME! :O

  2. #262
    op

    small detail.

    I never played vanilla, started December 12th 06 but...

    ----->>>>>>... when hunters needed ammo for their ranged weapons, and the ammo stacked per 200 and took bagslots. And there was different types of ammo's, very strong ammo could be made by engineers. <<<<<<-----

    Surely that is wrong? When I played the stacks were 20, not 200, that was a patch, and you had ammo bags to give them a buff as well as the ammo itself being of different sizes. 200 stacks were later, then ammo bags went

  3. #263
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,010
    If you remember how Silithus was just a spot on the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  4. #264
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The forsaken lands of Sweden
    Posts
    4,530
    You played Vanilla if you knew about "Illegal Danish: Super Snacks", the song "MC Raiders", that you had to walk to get pretty much anywhere till you were at least lvl 40 (if you could afford a mount, that is), and that learning spells and ranks costed a ridiculous amount of gold.

    If you also were a mana user, well... *drinks some water* You would be needing to go to a vendor quite often, unless you had no money (of course), and you needed to farm stuff and quest to afford buying those to be able to keep questing and grinding. That's the circle of managing resources, for you. =P

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    op

    small detail.

    I never played vanilla, started December 12th 06 but...

    ----->>>>>>... when hunters needed ammo for their ranged weapons, and the ammo stacked per 200 and took bagslots. And there was different types of ammo's, very strong ammo could be made by engineers. <<<<<<-----

    Surely that is wrong? When I played the stacks were 20, not 200, that was a patch, and you had ammo bags to give them a buff as well as the ammo itself being of different sizes. 200 stacks were later, then ammo bags went
    No, I played ORC hunter in 2006 and I am 100% sure I had stacks of 200 bullets that took up one bag slot, not sure on when they removed this, but I thought before TBC or early TBC, didn't play hunter after that anymore though.
    Last edited by Bodylotion; 2012-10-01 at 11:09 AM.

  6. #266
    When the server was an actual community. Everyone knew each other, especially in BG's and world pvp.

  7. #267
    Do the 45 min run in Strat for a piece of your dungeon 0.5 set

  8. #268
    Killing everyone in the AH with a Geddon bomb

  9. #269
    High Overlord Kanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    193
    Can't remember if this was in effect during TBC too, but: When Snowballs caused party-members to be knocked down.
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)
    Amputechture - Protection Paladin (Armory)
    Absolved [5/13HC] - No longer raiding

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Sorry, it was not my goal to accuse you of starting it every time. That was not formulated optimally. Thank you for the constructive reply, I agree with you. It indeed would be a better thread. So I will make the first step then.

    I still remember when I reached lvl 60 with my first character, a dwarf paladin named Migrin. I was killing a mage ogre in the searing gorche and farmed my last percentages of XP. It took me a little more than 20 days of time played to reach this point and I was very proud to have been 6 days faster than my friend, who played a gnome rouge.

    The next day I started with the MC pre quest and got the polearm from UBRS. I felt like I was doing a butload of damage with it. The last 2h weapon I got before was the mace from Maraudon. The week after, I was taken to MC the first time, expecting to rip things apart. Only than I realized what it means to be a paladin in a raid. I was mashing my decursive macro like a mad man and refreshed my 5 minute buffs when there was a cd to spare. But what really made me said was when I was told to wait out of fight to rezz people afterwards...
    Thanks for the reasonable reply, it's exactly what Vanilla threads should be like I actually envy people who got to play it (I wish I did, it's my main regret, but I was too young to afford it). I love reading experiences, like when you had to refresh Blessings... It makes me relate to the story and it's just more impressive than randomly stating things you remember.

    I won't even reply to what the OP said to me (lulz btw) and called me dumb for no reason. I haven't been unreasonable, I just stated what I believe would improve this thread. And stories like ^ are indeed far more enjoyable than reading a bunch of facts that everyone is familiar with because they weren't Vanilla specific.

    Why do you always have to be so mean to everyone?
    Wut? I'm a sweetheart <3
    http://samaramon.com/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

  11. #271
    Mechagnome BEYR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    549
    Hoping you weren't killed while AFK checking thottbot.
    Most of your gold going to repair bills because you were.
    The sound of stealth going active made you paranoid hours.
    Finding books to train first aid.
    Finding a random dragon in a low level zone, discovering what getting one-shotted looks like...

  12. #272
    Pit Lord Duridi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Teldrassil
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    You must not have played the same vanilla as me,... My main was a miner and he had 1600 g by the time he reached level 60 ...
    Yeah well, you were clearly one of those exeptions in that case. Most people on my server were working their ass off to afford it.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-10-01 at 11:43 AM.

  13. #273
    The best way to find out if someone played WoW in vanilla/launch:

    They hate WoW now.

  14. #274
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The forsaken lands of Sweden
    Posts
    4,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    The best way to find out if someone played WoW in vanilla/launch:

    They hate WoW now.
    Um, I played in Vanilla, and I still like WoW.

  15. #275
    The most obvious clue is that they no longer subscribe because the game has declined so far from back then.

  16. #276
    You remember when the guys at Arenanet and Red 5 Studios were the guys who brought us Vanilla WoW

  17. #277
    you played vanilla if you ever had fun in AV
    you played vanilla when you created a rogue after getting oneshotted 10 times in a row by a rogue in BG
    you played vanilla when your only job in Raids was to buff people over and over instead of healing/attacking (paladin only)

  18. #278
    The Patient Leothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Denmark, Ponyhagen
    Posts
    308
    Cthun was unkillable before nurf.
    And after a nurf it was stil considered the hardest boss of all time.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 01:58 PM ----------

    Cthun was unkillable before nurf.
    And after a nurf it was stil considered the hardest boss of all time.

  19. #279
    If You grinded for Your Argent Dawn epiX.

  20. #280
    If you farmed honor for months like a nut case just to get an epic mount. It was actually a better option than farming the gold for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •