Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    You played in vanilla if you raided Xroad

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    You played vannila if you knew who are dopefish.
    Noggaholic. I still watch that video from time to time.

You're a vanilla player if you remember questing in XR only to randomly get decimated by a 40 man Alliance raid. Or killing that poor group of 5 Alliance making a running towards RFK.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I remember being a Demonology Warlock before patch 1.6, pretty much 90% of the talents did nothing for the class.

I don't think anything else in the game has been as horribly broken as that spec was.
    Closer near the end of vanilla it become a good Warlock PvP spec though.

Oh, and another good one that not many people know. In the beginning of vanilla WoW there was absolutely no existance of PvP yet.
    It's strange to realize now, but PvP was one of the major new things in one of the content patches of vanilla.
    Well not PvP. BGs and honor were added in a patch. Before this the TM and Southshore fights were most active.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    When you had to beg, borrow, or steal to afford the 90g it took to buy the lvl 40 riding. Then finally got to 90 and went to train riding and cried because you didn't know the mount cost 9g more.

I for one didn't have enough gold to buy the 100% land speed mount until I was level 66. And to get flying I had to farm quests after hitting 70 for 2 weeks to get the 1000g to get that.
    By the time I hit 60, they had already swapped it so the expensive thing was the riding and the mounts themselves were cheap, which sucked since I had the pvp mount sitting in my bank. I was 63 or 64 (don't remember exactly except that I was in Zangarmarsh) when I could finally afford the epic riding.

The first epic mount I got after my black warhorse was actually the green elekk (human character). I wanted one so bad that I spent a huge amount of time immediately after BC went live grinding exalted with the Draenei -- no easy feat then -- which meant thousands of runecloth turn-ins. I was too impatient to wait for the pvp version of the mount (good thing too since I don't think they added it until the end of Wrath). I actually hit exalted with them before my home faction on that character.

WORTH IT. I had a badass elephant.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Oh i forgot

1. Windfury one-shots
    2. Recklessness 100% crit chance for 12 seconds
    3. 30/60 minute raid cool-downs
    There is no way anyone would remember this, because using the skill meant not having shield wall for another thirty minutes.

When i think about it. There were some for rogues aswell and hunters if not misaken. Was is eviscerate. Although you learned that fom the trainer later but you could get a higher rank at earlier point if not mistaken. for hunters I think it was arcane shot, but not 100% sure here.
    Tranq shot was a hunter tome as well.

Ontopic: Never wanting to go back is a good sign of having played vanilla.
    Example- How did you get flasks?
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2012-10-01 at 05:12 PM.
    Brooding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I get the feeling that you guys thinkg, that vanilla players have more benefits, and because of that they started the game early they are more important then other players. That's just trashtalking. If you're vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata or MOP player, you're the same and stop making it sound like a brag. I played WoW since closed, final and release and yet I don't feel I'm worth or supposed to be more knowing than the new MoP players. This thread sounds more of a brag
    They are more important. And so are you.

If you played vanilla, you knew what a Thorium Widget was even if you weren't an Engineer. Most likely you've bought an overpriced one off the AH!

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    If you played vanilla, you knew what a Thorium Widget was even if you weren't an Engineer. Most likely you've bought an overpriced one off the AH!
    Tribute runs ftw! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    You played vanilla if you summoned the ice lord in alterac valley.
    You played vanilla if you remember people leaving your MC and BWL raids because their AV queue popped. (Queue was HOURS long, and the games were DAYS long each)

You played vanilla if you played a warlock pre-death coil.

You spammed Rank 1 Shadow Word:Pain to get Blackout Procs

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    The best way to find out if someone played WoW in vanilla/launch:

They hate WoW now.
    Still playing, still enjoying.

I still remember that heart dropping moment when you've just formed your UBRS raid and you realise no one has the key. Or you finally get to Drak and the hunter says he doesn't understand what you mean by "Kite him to the beast's room... and back if you're good, dying is fine so long as you get that far though."
    See all, Hear all, Record all.
    ~Still Playing since Open Beta~

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You'll have to explain this one to me; I don't remember it at all. Was it needed for a quest or something?
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

You played vanilla if you remember Enh. shaman used to use two handed weapons

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 05:42 PM ----------

you played vanilla if you did the 40min baron run
    Last edited by Rivyr; 2012-10-01 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You'll have to explain this one to me; I don't remember it at all. Was it needed for a quest or something?
    If I'm not mistaken, it was used for Dire Maul Tribute runs. There was a way to skip each boss except the last one to increase the loot you received at the end. I believe the Thorium Widget was used to activate the trap to freeze one of the ogre bosses, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

As for me, you know you've played vanilla when you get great nostalgic feelings about things mentioned in this thread, but think the game is much better off now since things are no longer the way they used to be.

-Judge

If you got a piece of T2 in Molten Core (and it wasn't the pants from Ragnaros).

If you had a PvP rank title in TBC, Wrath.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

You played vanilla if you quest in AV
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If you got a piece of T2 in Molten Core (and it wasn't the pants from Ragnaros).

If you had a PvP rank title in TBC, Wrath.
    One of our mages got his T2 shoulders off Magmadar. He nearly shat himself.

If you remember the crazy turban of Jihad that was priest T2 helm at launch :x

When warlocks had the most awesome questline ever.

Dreadsteed of Xoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    When Rets one shot people with reckoning
    When shadowpriests blackout was the gayest thing ever
    when running 15 man ubers was fun
    when skinning the beast in ubers had a chance to give you that pristine skin thingie that you could use to make that mage head piece...
    when scholomance had that purple chest that had like a .000000001% chance to drop
    when people acutally summoned lhok delar in av and it took like days to beat it it was a war
    Actually... reckoning bombs were protection...

If you read through this subject and right after went to your old photobucket account and looked at pictures like the following you were a vanilla player!

*that wierd point where I was horde :O

Aww yea... craptastic UI's!

Gnome invasion!

Outdoor booses.... they existed as progress!

If you were a mage you had cryolisis and you had all your managems ready for each boss pull!