Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
... LastLast
  1. #581
    Blademaster LuckR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by maladicta View Post
    ...if you rolled a mage because of Vurtne.
    Or warlock because of drakedog

    Not saying I did

  2. #582
    when the shaman's class colour was pink
    when enchanters used to advertise the glow effects of their enchants because people liked red or blue glowing weapons.
    when Dwarves were considered the best priest race by a mile.
    when each class got their own personal revamp patch and when the shaman one got delayed because of severe problems with mages they busshocked.
    When the world event Peon day still existed. (it was september 30)

  3. #583
    Dreadlord Art3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Magruun View Post
    when the shaman's class colour was pink
    when Dwarves were considered the best priest race by a mile.
    You only remember that if you were horde.

    Dwarves were the priest race of choice by a mile.

  4. #584
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    You only remember that if you were horde.

    Dwarves were the priest race of choice by a mile.
    I disagree. Starshards may have been a useless spell, but it was cool nonetheless.

    And Feedback had its uses. Draining ret paladins of mana, for one.

  5. #585
    Dreadlord Art3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    778
    Starshards was useless because the dps you got from it was miniscule, and ret paladins were useless in vanilla so draining them was a waste.

    I was speaking from a purely raid PoV though.

  6. #586
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Starshards was useless because the dps you got from it was miniscule, and ret paladins were useless in vanilla so draining them was a waste.

    I was speaking from a purely raid PoV though.
    Naturally. But you forget, even useless spells have a s**ts and giggles value.

  7. #587
    Dreadlord Art3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Naturally. But you forget, even useless spells have a s**ts and giggles value.
    I can't argue that point, I was just speaking from the raid perspective.

    I actually preferred NE priests for shadowmeld, but fear ward was so OP that it was a must for pretty much every raid, especially Onyxia and Magmadar.

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Starshards was useless because the dps you got from it was miniscule, and ret paladins were useless in vanilla so draining them was a waste.

    I was speaking from a purely raid PoV though.
    ret paladins could oneshot you with reckoning..

  9. #589
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    I can't argue that point, I was just speaking from the raid perspective.

    I actually preferred NE priests for shadowmeld, but fear ward was so OP that it was a must for pretty much every raid, especially Onyxia and Magmadar.
    I sadfaced when they took away race-specific spells for priests. I know it was the right thing from a balance perspective, but I enjoy flavorful variety between races, classes, and specs.

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by bybis View Post
    You played vanilla if you enjoyed running on feet until level 40
    I hated that as a rogue...sprint every 5 minutes? Took me forever to get anywhere.

    You know you played vanilla if...

    You speced into sap...

  11. #591
    Dreadlord Art3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    ret paladins could oneshot you with reckoning..
    I was AC so I didn't get hit by paladins ;p

  12. #592
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentile911 View Post
    You speced into sap...
    No Imp Sap=No group would take you.


    Lets see:

    Queueing for AV before an MC raid because you knew it would take 4 hours to get into it, that was ok because it lasted 8+ hours.
    Raid dps as a rogue was autoattack then afk.
    "Wait for 5 sunders."
    Debuff limit on bosses and if you went over it, it pushed off the first one (good bye sunders, hello aggro.)
    Fear juggling as a warlock.
    Firestones vs. Spell Stones.
    OOC rezzers and buff bot pallys.
    Devilsaurs with ninja like sneaking skills.
    Swirlyball!!!!
    Ammo pouches/quivers increased attack speed for hunters.
    Innervate was a druid talent.
    Certain specs were only for leveling or pvp (shadow priest, feral druid, arms warrior)
    5 man group quests to kill elite mobs.
    Mallet for ZF and Scepter for Mara got you into groups. Ring for UBRS got you into guilds.

    And my all time favorite:
    If the names Kalahad and Fury hold a special place of respect and envy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  13. #593
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    "Wait for 5 sunders."
    And then in TBC this became begging your pally for Salv.

  14. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And then in TBC this became begging your pally for Salv.
    Never had to beg, if you had 1 pally it was Salv for the dps, Wisdom for the healers, Light for the tank. Unless you had one that went deep enough into prot, then the tank got Kings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  15. #595
    if you remember "a priest a paladin and varimathras walked into a bar..."

  16. #596
    High Overlord Wicari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    No Imp Sap=No group would take you.
    Mallet for ZF and Scepter for Mara got you into groups. Ring for UBRS got you into guilds.
    LOL. Nice! I forgot about those. Would you believe I still have mine.

  17. #597
    Dreadlord Art3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicari View Post
    LOL. Nice! I forgot about those. Would you believe I still have mine.
    Still have mine as well.

    You guys can't forget the Drakefire Amulet

  18. #598
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    10,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicari View Post
    LOL. Nice! I forgot about those. Would you believe I still have mine.
    I still have my Mara scepter, my ZF mallet, my UBRS ring and my Onyxia neck (although was the neck actually the key or did you just get the neck for completing the attunement?) on my rogue. I was going to keep all my old school keys too, but I either vendored those when they changed the keyring or the keys just disappeared entirely.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  19. #599
    Stood in the Fire Slirith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cocoa, Florida
    Posts
    415
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhgvouRprw

    Survival hunter 30pt talent was Lacerate

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1DPqgvtEL8

    pre-armored mounts

    Serenity Now funeral raid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

    War is started by those with power, and fought by the lower class.

  20. #600
    Dreadlord Art3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    pre-armored mounts

    Serenity Now funeral raid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw
    I traded in my non-armored horse like a moron.

    I was in the Serenity now funeral raid ;x. My priest only makes it into the video for like 1 sec though, so meh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •