Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vassilisz View Post
    only the horde had bloodlust!
    lol. you sure about that?

Honestly some of the things in the OP were still around in TBC, as I recall.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 05:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    You played vanilla if you summoned the ice lord in alterac valley.
    I managed to do that on my Death Knight, of all toons, back in WotLK. ^_<
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by Deadtwo View Post
    w) As a Mage you had to make raid food and water, TWO AT A TIME
    Luckily, it was 4! Kept you quite busy showing up 20 min before the raid. I had a G15 keyboard and it was worth getting banned if I did for having it just repeat that button.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsia View Post
    You caught this mistake and had to post about it. :-\

(Emeriss, Lethon, Ysondre, and Taerar)
    I think, for anyone who got woken up at 4am for those dragons, would try to bury those memories deep!

Quote Originally Posted by Lihamestari View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned already but: You played vanilla if you own Tabard of the Protector
    Also, You played vanilla if you bought your epic mount and riding skill for 1000g few days before the patch that discounted the cost. (Yup, i did this since i didn't have any clue about patch notes and such back then and also 1000g was a fortune back then.)
    I was able to afford my epic mount because I got the Hide of the Wild pattern from a tribute run in DM. I sold it to my not-yet-known future wife at the time. I probably should have sold it cheaper to get laid sooner but I won't lie, totally worth the wait just to have the epic mount

if you're still in an AV game that you've joined in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    lol. you sure about that?
    That's very true, in Vanilla Bloodlust was Horde-Exclusive, because shamans were horde-only. Paladin blessigns were single-target, 5 min duration and Alliance-only.
    The Horde got paladins (and their blessings, which were given "greater" versions at that time, while having 15 min duration and buffing all members of the same class) when TBC launched, just like Alliance got shamans and Heroism (Alliance version of Bloodlust).

3DS FC: 5429-7640-5866
    Safari Type: Rock - Rhydon, Boldore, Pupitar

Getting killed by the furnace behind Golemagg in MC because people said you could see Ragnaros swimming through the little hole if you climbed up to look through it.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    You relise how shit the game was back then compared to now and never talk it up.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-06-27 at 08:10 AM.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

They link items in trade from their old AV exploits? http://www.wowhead.com/item=18142/se...night-elf-head

You know....a few of you guys are saying things that "make you a vanilla player" that existed after vanilla. Should probably only mention things that never made it out of that time. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    That's very true, in Vanilla Bloodlust was Horde-Exclusive, because shamans were horde-only. Paladin blessigns were single-target, 5 min duration and Alliance-only.
    The Horde got paladins (and their blessings, which were given "greater" versions at that time, while having 15 min duration and buffing all members of the same class) when TBC launched, just like Alliance got shamans and Heroism (Alliance version of Bloodlust).
    Bloodlust didnt enter the game until tbc tho so no its not true^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It's so fluffy I'm gonna die.

If you remember that the 1k mount training only worked for that specific animal....... nightsaber training, ram training, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Assisst View Post
    You played Classic WoW if you remember the endless wipes and running back to BRM without complaining!
    Sorry, but as a Classic player we still were not sheep. The BWM corpseruns runs back from Thorium point or for Horde from Brackenwell to Ony lair sucked balls and people sure complained. (to the point that I envied NE for their wispform - travel 50% faster when dead)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

you played vanilla if you wiped in 10 man scholo to a battle mage.

you played vanilla if you participated in BRM pvp.

you played vanilla if you ice trapped Garrs adds.

you played vanilla wow if you cried when a shaman frost shocked you.

you played vanilla wow if you knew who the best players of each class were on your server.

You played Vanilla if you remember Crossroads/Barrens chat.

You played vanilla if you used Firestone and spellstone on an offhand,wand, or staff.
    Still have one of each in my bank as mementos

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Bloodlust didnt enter the game until tbc tho so no its not true^^
    Now that I checked on wowhead it's true what you're saying, my bad.
    Still, back in Vanilla shamans were horde only and paladins alliance only.

I've always played paladin, and I started playing 2 weeks after EU launch - under different name and a human, but it's still the same char, only got slight surgery in late Cataclysm I only got a shaman alt in TBC, so that might be why I confused it abit.

P.S. Those 5-min blessings were driving me crazy.

3DS FC: 5429-7640-5866
    Safari Type: Rock - Rhydon, Boldore, Pupitar

If you remember ending the original Scourge Invasion event in the Naxx patch, when the 200th ziggurat was defeated AND still have the screenshot ya took right after!

You know you played vanilla if you tried to DPS as Teh Ret, only to be told to "shut up and heel u nub"
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

the PVP honor system.

grinding GM/HWL made getting The Insane title (pre-nerf) look like a "go kill 10 boars" quest
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

3DS FC 0920-0769-4582 Trainer: Y: SinR, OR: May. Safari: Wartortle/Octillery/Frogadier

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I had Beta. Now I has WOD. Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Ok guys,

... when warlocks had to farm soulshards before raiding or doing anything really, poor guys. And when a soulshard took a bagslot.
    ... when hunters needed ammo for their ranged weapons, and the ammo stacked per 200 and took bagslots. And there was different types of ammo's, very strong ammo could be made by engineers.
    Those was not just in Vanilla we had that until WotLK