Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    As Edge of Infinity said, really easy way to check, look at achievements. Feats of strength for even the first PvP ranks or there's the feat of strength for the dark portal opening as well, just checked it in my own achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tabard of the Protector is the best proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    your account creation info
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No mention of plainstriding yet?
    plains running! WHY WON'T YOU STOP!!!!!!!

You played in vanilla if you remember getting instakilled by shadowbolts in SW every time Kazzak was up.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

*Walks into to Thunder Bluff*

"Hey where's the Auction House here?"

"Ummm... Orgrimmar"

10+ Year Old Account
    You played vanilla when you raged your butt off when you was in the party with a friend who killed an NPC of the opposite faction, granting you Dishonorable kill.

If they remember raiding Strat,Scholo and UBRS.
    If they know about the war effort
    Day+ AV's
    Sitting outside the BG portals to que
    Remember having to run til level 40
    Remember having to get plant buffs before high end raiding.

Deleted
    pvp trinket didn't remove every effect but specific one for each class.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    You played vanilla when you raged your butt off when you was in the party with a friend who killed an NPC of the opposite faction, granting you Dishonorable kill.
    The only dishonorable kill I ever had on my main came from a party member killing a low level Horde npc ...... And I did rage at him

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

When you remember:

Gaining reputation for Naxxramas 40 man to be able to enter it.
    Having to go back to elfcountry to replenish your Quintessence to douse the flamerunes in MC.
    Having warriors ninja your Lightforge gear "because there is strength on it" (meanwhile there is also intellect/spirit/agility). This also counts for "retribution" paladins who thought they did not need intellect (they did) and ninja'd the warriors dungeon tier.
    Having to crossdress as a paladin in order to be a decent healer.
    Your statchoice as a paladin was healingpower or something (not spellpower) and crit. Because critting with a healingspell would offer 100% mana back.
    Having a really good difficult class quest to gain a charger as paladin, which they nerfed to the ground in later patches even during vanilla. Black Pristine Diamond....
    Having to go deep into the retribution tree to get Kings meanwhile your role was a healing one. But Holy Shock was not a healing spell in the healingtree, so no selfrespecting paladin would go for holy shock. And the amount of mana to cast it was insane.
    Grinding for "Tubers".
    Grinding your ass off just to be able to pay your repairbills, if you did not succesfully play the AH.
    Having only your maintank use a flask (which was the case with our guild) and giving your flask (if you grinded for it) to the tank. On my server this flask (of fortitude?) costed about 60 gold, which was an insane amount. The respawntime for the Black Lotus (main ingredient) was really long and you would compete for this against other guilds.
    When parties like: warrior (tank) rogue/mage/warlock, priest (heal) were default. If you weren't a known skilled player or in a guild group - druids/paladins/dps warriors would be shunned. Although dpswarriors did good dps, they often "overagroed" the tank and thus weren't very popular at first.
    Tanks (warriors) would need 4 sunders in a pug before the dps could start dpsing. Good tanks would have enough at 2.
    Paladins actually had better agro then warriors or druids, but couldn't really tank due to being oom at 30% in the fight. Let alone have gear to support the paladin.
    The best pvpers were raiders (potentially due to gear).
    You could tank in pvp grandmarshal gear.
    If you were an alliance priest, you had to be a dwarf. Fearward was why (especially on Onyxia).
    LF Key to UBRS last spot!!!
    LF Key to Scholo last spot!!!
    Doing Stratholm runs (human side) for the orbs to get your enchant.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-06-27 at 08:37 AM.

Witnessing the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj and the resulting world-wide scenario (Kalimdor only actually). Gadgetzan became a massive clusterfuck.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

Ah the best way is to see if they have a FoS regarding old PVP ranks or unobtainable gear...think corrupted ashbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Ah the best way is to see if they have a FoS regarding old PVP ranks or unobtainable gear...think corrupted ashbringer.
    Sadly you could still get the corrupted ashbringer if you raided Naxx 40 in TBC.

Deleted
    Technically you can still get it now...technically

Deleted
    Carrying around bag fillers like the Blood Scythe just so you could herb in ZG, think i still have one on my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Technically you can still get it now...technically
    Oh please enlighten me... I want that sword!

How do you know if some-one played Vanilla - They either laughed or cried that southshore was destroyed. TM vs SS was world pvp.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Oh please enlighten me... I want that sword!
    He is either referring to (A) the paladin talent that makes your sword look like ashbringer or (B) for the sword to appear on the BMAH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    You played Vanilla if you remember Crossroads/Barrens chat.
    This chat held up it's fame untill it got changed in Cata.

When chate used to be people screaming "speak english" before other language servers

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    How do you know if some-one played Vanilla - They either laughed or cried that southshore was destroyed. TM vs SS was world pvp.

He is either referring to (A) the paladin talent that makes your sword look like ashbringer or (B) for the sword to appear on the BMAH.
    Ah well I feel cheap when I get that "graphic" sword due to that talent. Don't think it will be on the BMAH ever. And if it did, it would cost....