Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Paladin self buffs (Seals) lasted only 30 seconds, so you had to rebuff continuously :P Or then it was just a nightmare.

People powerleveled in Maraudon, kiting the slow slimes at the start. Gave insane exp, until they got nerfed. Still gives only 40 ish exp this day.

You could kite Volchan from Burning Steppes to Goldshire and let it slaughter people there for a long time. Fun times :P

And let's not forget when Kazzak raided Stormwind.

Last edited by Kuja; 2013-06-27 at 03:20 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

You had to click every flightpoint step by step.

I was a Warlock so here is some Warlock themed ones. Some of them have been mentioned!

-You leveled Tailoring to make soulstone pouches because they took up your inventory, especially if you couldn't afford large bags.
    -You farmed Soulstones before raid/anything.
    -Pet control was far more important because pet pathing was buggy, it was easy to link/aggro shit if you didn't properly control your pet which equaled lots of frustration.
    -You slaved your ass off for your Dreadsteed of Xoroth and have the feat of strength to prove it. A Warlock with Xoroth was an instant indicator of a decent Warlock because of the money, resources, time and help it required.
    -Corruption had a 3 second cast time.
    -Your rotation consisted of Corruption > Shadowbolt.
    -Warlock quests had you running around Azeroth like a crazy man.
    -You looked for Stamina on your gear. Stam on cloth was offically Warlock gear because it contributed to your pets health.
    -People would get extremely angry with you if you didn't soulstone the healer or tank, instead of soulstoning yourself.
    -Shadow Armor/Fel Armor was a 5 second cast, 30min buff.
    -Having Banish/Fear keybound because it was the only reason you where invited to most things.
    -Healthstones worked like Mage food, you had to trade them out. There was no fountain. They also cost soulstones which takes you back to having to farm them regularly.
    -Healers getting angry at you in dungeons for Life Tapping too much.
    -Declaring in vent that you are going to life tap spam in raids so the healers can top you up, or asking for permission to life tap.
    -Curse of Elements whore, this was more prominent in vanilla/tbc as we where the only class access to this debuff. It was so important that it took over any other curse in your rotation if you where the only Warlock. If you had multiple warlocks you would fight over who does Elements because it was a personal DPS loss.
    -Being asked to use Imp for Stam buff. I remember the period of time I had to defend myself because I was using felpup. When more classes where given stam and Imp stopped being an optimal pet, people where so used to Warlocks using Imp it was almost wrong when a Warlock used anything else.

A true sign of an oldschool veteran warlock is still having a grand spellstone in your bank.
    Last edited by Smithus; 2013-06-27 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Forgot imp stam!!!

- When you can Transmog the PVP gear
    - When you were able to see the Sons of Ragnaros during the fight
    - When you cry when you remember your wipe on Razorgore
    - When you could only try Vael for 2hours per week (days? not sure anymore)
    - When you had to farm maraudon to kill Huhuran
    - When Oura was a fucking insane Boss
    - When you had to crush your head on the wall Versus the twins
    - When you spend months to kill C'thun
    - When you earned some PVP titles

It was an insane period, used to play 5-6h per day and I was working at the same time oO, I don't even know how i was able to do it. (raid from 8pm to 1am + the farming before).

I actually miss it. Not the farming. But the accessibility to everything in the game really broked all the purpose in the game. I had a casual time in TBC and even if I was not able to raid the actual Tiers, I had a lot of thing to do. Dungeon were really epic and regarding even for casual.

Now it is just a fast food game. But I am still playing as I love the lore.

Ahlala

I remember we tried to have a lock in at least every group with a tank for the imp stamina buff.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbere View Post
    - When you can Transmog the PVP gear
    - When you were able to see the Sons of Ragnaros during the fight
    - When you cry when you remember your wipe on Razorgore
    - When you could only try Vael for 2hours per week (days? not sure anymore)
    - When you had to farm maraudon to kill Huhuran
    - When Oura was a fucking insane Boss
    - When you had to crush your head on the wall Versus the twins
    - When you spend months to kill C'thun
    - When you earned some PVP titles

It was an insane period, used to play 5-6h per day and I was working at the same time oO, I don't even know how i was able to do it. (raid from 8pm to 1am + the farming before).

I actually miss it. Not the farming. But the accessibility to everything in the game really broked all the purpose in the game. I had a casual time in TBC and even if I was not able to raid the actual Tiers, I had a lot of thing to do. Dungeon were really epic and regarding even for casual.

Now it is just a fast food game. But I am still playing as I love the lore.

Ahlala
    sometimes I miss it and then I remember dungeons like Maraudon took hours and hours to do if you wanted to do it from start to finish. Some of those fights we're really hard too.

Easy...we link our pvp achievement from Vanilla. Even doing a single bg back then would grant you the first rank.

Borelgore was a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Easy...we link our pvp achievement from Vanilla. Even doing a single bg back then would grant you the first rank.
    no achieve in vanilla...
    plus, I'm not even playing on the same server I was playing in vanilla (though all my toons are still there).

Few weeks ago I wanted to create a new char and I got the message that I had the maximum allowed ! I didn't even know there was one

Probably has been said already, but its a personal favorite of mine.

"You played vanilla if you know that *everything* was hunter gear."

If you explored Mount Hyal and Caverns of Time when there were completely empty, through the use of clever jumping, blinking and slow falling.

You had to kill Luci for learning the skill ''Tranquilizing Shot''
    Or
    Geting a quest from Sovik to get the transporter for Gnomeregan as horde only.
    | Intel i7 2600k @ 3.8Ghz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3 | Asus Direct-Cu GTX 770 |

| Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-@1600 |
    | Acer 24 Predator 144Hz GN246HLBbid |

| 120GB SSD OCZ Vertex Max IOPS | 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black |
    | Water Cooling- Coolit ECO Alc | Corsair HX 750W | Corsair Graphite 600t Black |

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You had to learn weapon skills so that you wouldn't miss
    Mage buff / intel used to increase chance to get a point
    There was a mob in blasted lands that you used to use to skill up.
    Spirit used to allow Wind Fury to proc more often
    Wind Fury used to be amazing with a 2-hander in battlegrounds.
    CC for players was 30 seconds, not what it is now.
    Warlocks were scary. gnome warlocks with pink hair were the devil incarnate.
    Elixirs used to stack and stack and stack. Not just two types.
    Running around punching things in the face to level unarmed skill

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    You nailed it. They have Holy Strike because they're the original paladins. During beta the players' skills got changed, but npcs remained as initially developed.
    I didn't know that ... But then again I was playing horde lock and druid during beta

Rogues having to lvl their poisons, lock picking, constantly carry vanishing powder, ravenholdt detect trap quest/lock pick quest.

"I'm a little paladin, short and stout. Here's my hammer and here's my mount. When I get in trouble I scream and shout, then I bubble and hearthstone out!"

MANY WHELPS!!! LEFT SIDE!!! 50DKP MINUS!!

24+ hour AV's where no one really got passed Stonehearth

Razorgore + paladin = instant win...until Blizz decided that BoP'ing Razorgore was considered an exploit

ganking hunters while they are trying to kite the demon for their bow quest in winterspring.

farming Mazthoril Cave (when it was filled with the blue dragonkin) for epic patterns and a chance at Krol Blade

spending all of my DKP on perditions blade because the other 5-7 rogues wanted it as well

warlock tanks on Gar

5 minute paladin buffs

having to individually buff each person in the raid because the priest didn't have the luck nor the gold to buy the Prayer of fortitude book...or they ran out of holy candles.

3 man BRD runs (2 rogues and a resto druid) to get the barman's shanker

tier .5...

Frost mages soloing mobs in Naxx for gear.

benedition being a sign of an easy kill in pvp or Anathema being a sign of sure death.

laughing at balance druids...well before moonkin form.

daring to level in STV...knowing full well its a rogues playground

"trap my target, next...sap my target, next...sheep my target..."

"ok guys...looks like only 4 people are DC'd...lets go ahead and pull the next set of trash"

knowing full well why you had to have a dwarf priest for raiding...

waiting for 3 sunders (although you had to do that in BC as well)

ZG having tokens to turn in on an island in northwestern STV

running from shaman wielding a hand of rag...in an attempt to maintain personal sanity

the WSG sit macro glitch

these are just a few memories i have of vanilla.

You played vanilla if you bought WoW at release

...am i doin it rite?

I am playing Vanilla right now...Ice Ice Baby. It was the only way I could get The Final Countdown out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    h t t p : //eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/marecage-de-zangar/Fenrir/achievement#81:a438

Ask simple question: Do you think WoW is to easy now?
    And if you'll get answer: Oh yeah! It's to easy-baby-kungfu-panda game! For children! WoW was one a damn hard game! Hard game! Haaaaaaaaaaard! Next 25 expansions we'll be damn easy and this game is... to easy man! Let's find time machine and back to vanilla! Plz blizz bring vanilla back now it's to easy and I need something hard!

Now smile

There you go - now you know this person played vanilla... :]

you played vannila if you know the cast time for mount was 3sec

*edit* you played vanilla if you know blizzard used to open 1 server and ppl made 40man raid of lvl 1s to kill hogger
    Last edited by tallon; 2013-06-27 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    no achieve in vanilla...
    plus, I'm not even playing on the same server I was playing in vanilla (though all my toons are still there).

Few weeks ago I wanted to create a new char and I got the message that I had the maximum allowed ! I didn't even know there was one