When you needed four people with the Aqual Quintessence for MC to douse the runes as it was a one-use item back then and you had to re-visit the giant water elemental in Azshara to get a refill.
Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-09-30 at 10:17 PM.
--None of us "old timers" actually call it vanilla, but rather remember what WoW used to be like lol?
--Bringing eight pallies to a raid, and every single one of them was holy...
--Taking an entire 40man raid into UBRS/LBRS entrace to MC that mob and get the damn buff
--Making rogues disarm traps in the suppression room
--having four tanks lined out to "die" on Vael, without any kind of threat meter at all...
--Best gear in the game was from raiding only, and all the pvp gear had zero resilience
--Doing Mara runs to farm NR gear lol
1. Stance Dancing to avoid fear, or alliance guilds only wanting a dwarf priest cause of fear ward.
2. Ambush Backstab kills any cloth, Ambush Backstab + Tissel Tea + Backstab kills anyting else
3. Retaliation + Sweeping Strikes + whirlwind
4. Rogues killing themselves to Shamans Lighting Shield
5. Had to feed your pet to keep him happy (Hunter)
6. Barman Shanker
7. Boats disappearing on your way to theramore to fight Ony.
8. Cthun bug 1 shotting the whole raid
9. BoP tanking Huhuran (sp?)
10. Hunters epic Bow/staff quest line
I've not read the whole thread so most of these have probably been said.
You remember when there was no honor point system.
You remember random loot chests could be found around the world.
You remember that hunters had access to three pets only.
You remember that non mob loot/herbs/nodes/etc did not sparkle.
You remember that gold was scarce to come by.
You remember that Sylvanas had a night elf model.
You remember that you didn't get your first mount until level 40, and when you got it, it felt like god.
--if you did barman shanker runs at 52
When a tank breaking 8 k hp was almost unheard of.
When orc rogues were almost unstunnable doe to racial
When you could macro a rogue to use 1 button for the entire rotation with if slice and dice is on and if 5cp (check cold blood), eviscerate, if slice and dice is =<3seconds slice and dice, else sinister strike, I dont remember the exact code anymore, but it was so amazing...
Well that's easy. They never want to go back to Vanilla.
Oh i forgot
1. Windfury one-shots
2. Recklessness 100% crit chance for 12 seconds
3. 30/60 minute raid cool-downs
You know you played vanillia wow when it took 4hours to get 40 people together to run UBRS and another 4 hours to run it.
You know you played vanilla wow when AV took almost all day to play!!
1. Horde Mind-Controlling Paladins outside of Onyxia's Lair and asking you to give their entire raid Blessing of Kings in a custom emote.
Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-09-30 at 10:32 PM.
you know u played vanilla when you could only use paladins on alli and shammys on horde
You used thottbot to find out how to complete a certain quest >_>
So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rockCurrently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3
If, as a druid, you remember getting on the boat from Auberdine to Menethil, then running through the Wetlands, through the mountain pass into Loch Modan, up into Ironforge, getting the tram to Stormwind, then running down to the coast off of Westfall to do the quest for your aquatic form, after reading up how to do it on Thottbot.
Did you like the above post? How about sending me a dollar? I'd have adverts here but apparently that'd break ToS.