Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you needed four people with the Aqual Quintessence for MC to douse the runes as it was a one-use item back then and you had to re-visit the giant water elemental in Azshara to get a refill.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2496
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-09-30 at 10:17 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

--None of us "old timers" actually call it vanilla, but rather remember what WoW used to be like lol?
    --Bringing eight pallies to a raid, and every single one of them was holy...
    --Taking an entire 40man raid into UBRS/LBRS entrace to MC that mob and get the damn buff
    --Making rogues disarm traps in the suppression room
    --having four tanks lined out to "die" on Vael, without any kind of threat meter at all...
    --Best gear in the game was from raiding only, and all the pvp gear had zero resilience
    --Doing Mara runs to farm NR gear lol

1. Stance Dancing to avoid fear, or alliance guilds only wanting a dwarf priest cause of fear ward.
    2. Ambush Backstab kills any cloth, Ambush Backstab + Tissel Tea + Backstab kills anyting else
    3. Retaliation + Sweeping Strikes + whirlwind
    4. Rogues killing themselves to Shamans Lighting Shield
    5. Had to feed your pet to keep him happy (Hunter)
    6. Barman Shanker
    7. Boats disappearing on your way to theramore to fight Ony.
    8. Cthun bug 1 shotting the whole raid
    9. BoP tanking Huhuran (sp?)
    10. Hunters epic Bow/staff quest line

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Yeah except early on a lot of us 'enjoyed' running on foot, until 60. Who actually had 100g from questing back then?
    You didn't, you had to work the AH aswell and buy almost nothing, also lvl'ing professions? Nu uh. Not untill late in vanille did they increase the gold from quests. I believe it was in the patch when lvl 60's where able to gain profit from doing quests after they dinged 60. Exp became gold for them. When it first came out I was like, WOOHOO 2g50silver for a quest, only 400 more quests till my epic mount. Altho there wheren't that many quests lol.

I've not read the whole thread so most of these have probably been said.

You remember when there was no honor point system.
    You remember random loot chests could be found around the world.
    You remember that hunters had access to three pets only.
    You remember that non mob loot/herbs/nodes/etc did not sparkle.
    You remember that gold was scarce to come by.
    You remember that Sylvanas had a night elf model.
    You remember that you didn't get your first mount until level 40, and when you got it, it felt like god.

Deleted
    --if you did barman shanker runs at 52

When a tank breaking 8 k hp was almost unheard of.
    When orc rogues were almost unstunnable doe to racial
    When you could macro a rogue to use 1 button for the entire rotation with if slice and dice is on and if 5cp (check cold blood), eviscerate, if slice and dice is =<3seconds slice and dice, else sinister strike, I dont remember the exact code anymore, but it was so amazing...

Well that's easy. They never want to go back to Vanilla.

Oh i forgot

1. Windfury one-shots
    2. Recklessness 100% crit chance for 12 seconds
    3. 30/60 minute raid cool-downs

You know you played vanillia wow when it took 4hours to get 40 people together to run UBRS and another 4 hours to run it.
    You know you played vanilla wow when AV took almost all day to play!!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Horde Mind-Controlling Paladins outside of Onyxia's Lair and asking you to give their entire raid Blessing of Kings in a custom emote.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-09-30 at 10:32 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No mention of plainstriding yet?
    I am almost positive that Plainstriding was never live. It was removed while the game was in open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by kudaddy View Post
    --None of us "old timers" actually call it vanilla
    Some of us do :P

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I am almost positive that Plainstriding was never live. It was removed while the game was in open beta.
    You sir are correct. Plainstriding never made it to vanilla, along with silly things like paladin auras being abilities you had to keep on your bar

you know u played vanilla when you could only use paladins on alli and shammys on horde

10+ Year Old Account
    You used thottbot to find out how to complete a certain quest >_>
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Deleted
    If, as a druid, you remember getting on the boat from Auberdine to Menethil, then running through the Wetlands, through the mountain pass into Loch Modan, up into Ironforge, getting the tram to Stormwind, then running down to the coast off of Westfall to do the quest for your aquatic form, after reading up how to do it on Thottbot.

--Yeah, stance dancing on Mag and Nef, priceless
    --AVs that lasted for DAYS (leave one in the morning before class, come back the next morning, same one)
    --Begging to get invited to old AV raids (since you were solo when you joined)
    --Korrak being in the middle of the field of strife, and pleading to people to help you kill him for a quest
    --Naxx trash mobs: most insane thing I'd ever seen
    --Selling something on the AH for 500g, a big deal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    How to know if others played in vanilla? Easy. Those players don't start their opening post or general post with "I played since vanilla..".
    This, I'm kind of wary whenever I see someone claiming they've played since vanilla. Even if they can list off things that were around in vanilla, there's so many of these threads everywhere on the internet it's easy to copy and paste.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

There is only 2 legit way to prove you have played classic.

- If you have an unarmored epic mount. It was available till 2005 spring. It was 900g, so unless you were an AH shark you couldn't have it. (I have seen only 2 of them, one in classic on my home server and another one in BC in a crossrealm AV.)
    - 2nd is a little dodgy because you can only prove you were lvl60 at the start of BC. You have the Tabard of the Protector.

Ok the actual 3rd is, which is an ultimate proof, you link your account payment history. I won't lol! And I suggest you the same.