Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just check the persons FoS and see what they have.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

you people didn't play vanilla when they talk about playing vanilla but just recite the same old tired list of things

people who played in vanilla don't care, people who didn't see it as a badge of honor and want to claim they did.

if you had warlord rank

Actually Scholo was a 5 man, but was able to be done in a 10 man raid, all 5 mans where that way. The vast majority of players though did it as a raid because it was so breakneck hard for most players. You could not complete quests though as a raid and it is how me and several of my fellow guild mates made our epic mount money, running through one person at a time to do the quests.

Plainstriding was also a beta thing, Taurens were given mounts for beta patch 1.1.0, which was on nov,7th 2004. Vanilla was released on November 23, 2004.

Manipulating the PvP rank as well by cycling players in and out of the top pre-made group, we farmed the first 7 HW's on the server for our guild by doing this. There was no caster weapons for rank 13, they was added in a later patch sometime after AQ40 release. The only reason to get to rank 11 for casters at the time was for the epic mount unless you werent in the end game raid guilds. PvE gear was far better than PvP gear with AQ40 and Naxx gear.

I still had 42 fragments for the AQ40 legendary staff up until WotLK.

Nathanos Blightcaller was a horde quest giver at the Marris Stead in EPL. He was also an Alliance quest objective that led to a lot world PvP, at least on my server. Tyr's hand was where all the chinease gold farmers were and griefing them was the most fun I ever had in vanilla. They actually started paying us to leave.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-10-01 at 05:23 AM.

You played Vanilla if you knew that you only trained the riding skill once to learn to ride all the mounts (20g without discount)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I don't see what is your problem. Didn't you had Mages?? Mage Frostbolt rank 1 for the win!!
    Mages didn't have poison cleansing totem though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you people didn't play vanilla when they talk about playing vanilla but just recite the same old tired list of things

people who played in vanilla don't care, people who didn't see it as a badge of honor and want to claim they did.
    That has to be the most asinine, worthless comment I've ever seen. Congrats, you won the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Not that it matters. But if you remember what the original epic mounts cost and looked like. ( the ones without armor)

Deleted
    when barman shanker was one of the hardest hitters

(weapon speed )

- You played vanilla if you ran Strat Baron with 9 other people.
    - You played vanilla if you attended some AV at first just to get the Ice Barbed Spear.
    - You played vanilla if you bravely stood your grounds in the defense of Crossroads.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Oh. another one of these.
    Indeed. It would be too much hassle to compile a comprehensive listing of all the "inaccuracies" (yeah, being gentle here) in this thread. I'll just point at two random tidbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Being confused about Ouru, could it really be that easy ?
    It's called Ouro, and yes, it was disturbingly easy.
    It wasn't "disturbingly easy" before being butchered into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You had to learn weapon skills so that you wouldn't miss
    Mage buff / intel used to increase chance to get a point
    There was a mob in blasted lands that you used to use to skill up.
    (...) that +int buff for increasing skill is a complete myth.
    Sure, it was "a complete myth" just because it wasn't actually researched/documented until WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    how is it a vanilla-detector? it is still ingame
    Well they remade it, but still anyone can recognize it.

Feat of Strength PvP title.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You most probably played classic when you still have onyxias cape in your bank.
    You most probably played classic when you still watch your back when you come across tarrens mill.
    You most probably played classic when you still want 2-handend enhancement coming back.
    You most probably played classic when you have played survival hunter as a meele spec.
    You most probably played classic when you still remember 5min individual paladin buffs

There are things I miss but to be honest all in all, the game has changed to the better.

Lots of the stuff in the OP was still in the game after Vanilla... hunters used ammo all the way until Cataclysm prepatch. And many of them are things people who started later than Vanilla know as well. I know what Benediction is, and I didn't make a priest before Cataclysm. I know Warlocks had lots of fun with Soul Shards, I started in WotLK.
    People hung out in IF because that was the city with the most used AH, not because it was the only AH. In Vanilla the AHs just weren't linked together for all cities of the same faction.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Lots of the stuff in the OP was still in the game after Vanilla... hunters used ammo all the way until Cataclysm prepatch. And many of them are things people who started later than Vanilla know as well. I know what Benediction is, and I didn't make a priest before Cataclysm. I know Warlocks had lots of fun with Soul Shards, I started in WotLK.
    People hung out in IF because that was the city with the most used AH, not because it was the only AH. In Vanilla the AHs just weren't linked together for all cities of the same faction.
    I can of course be mistaken about this as lot of time has passed, but I can not recall any other auction houses than the ones in og, if, booty bay and tanaris.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    You played vanilla if you know what benediction is as a Priest.
    Best item ever!!

I didn't play in Vanilla, and I know everything that's been listed so far. Now what?
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    I didn't play in Vanilla, and I know everything that's been listed so far. Now what?
    That means you broke the rules, because there is NO way a person who started later than Vanilla could know those things! It even says so in the OP.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

This, even 42 for me, I was poor back then:P

When paladins had to buff everyone in the raid, and the buff expired after 5 min..
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 | G.Skill 8GB CL9 1600Mhz Ripjaws Gaming | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4,2GHz | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 1024MB OC @ 850/1700/2100 | Cooler Master Elite 430 | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ x2 | Corsair HX 750W 80+ Silver Modulär.
    Battlefield 3 profil: Brexour