Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You played vanilla if you remember how fucking long it took to do just about everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    You played vanilia if you know, Scholo was originally a 10man raid instance.
    Wrong, it was a 40 man from start. And the first time I was in there with like 40 ppl, we still wiped. (Thanks to a warrior whos name i still today remember).
    Going to UBRS before raid to get fire buff.
    When it could take 6 months + for hard core raiders to get fully equpiped from MC. (None onf the wellfair epics that blizzard hands out to everyone now for loggin in)
    Hunters epic quest from MC, best quest in the whole game.
    When I sold the black silk bags for the crazy amount of 1 gold each, and ppl bought them!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    I didn't play in Vanilla, and I know everything that's been listed so far. Now what?
    You know it, but you don't remember it ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i started playing late BC but to be honest i pretty much know most of the things said due to checking my friends while they were playing
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    You know it, but you don't remember it ;-)
    So, what proof is there that the OP "remembers" it? I have Benediction, I've been knocked by the Force, I know the old racials. If I typed all this and put "if" in the first sentence, no one would know I didn't or did play Vanilla.

Which is my point why these types of threads are useless. It's the same facts over and over again that even a MoP player would know by now.

If you want to prove it, post a screenshot, post your FoS. Don't write trivial stuff that are mentioned in EVERY SINGLE VANILLA thread.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

- The Unstoppable Force and Immovable Object
    - Farming a long time for Hide of the Wild
    - Obtaining the AV trinket as (technically) the first epic item.
    - Feeling pretty happy for mining 2 arcane crystals in 1 vein
    Last edited by Zehroh; 2012-10-01 at 08:56 AM.

I played in vanilla and don't remember most of this stuff, at the time maybe I did. The memory that sticks with me the most from is grinding the tiny emerald whelp from like level 35-40 so I could sell it and afford to buy my first mount, and the ridiculous amount of time it took to level from 50-60. By the time I hit 60 I was so damn tired of bugs and undead... I leveled 4 chars, I would do 2 levels and switch to the next one in the rotation. Trying to level without rest xp was painfull.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, what proof is there that the OP "remembers" it? I have Benediction, I've been knocked by the Force, I know the old racials. If I typed all this and put "if" in the first sentence, no one would know I didn't or did play Vanilla.

Which is my point why these types of threads are useless. It's the same facts over and over again that even a MoP player would know by now.

If you want to prove it, post a screenshot, post your FoS. Don't write trivial stuff that are mentioned in EVERY SINGLE VANILLA thread.
    Hey mate, cool down. Of course this thread is "useless". This thread is not supposed to be a collection of scientific facts, nor a guide, nor a dick comparison contest. It is nostalgia. Old man talking about how things have been back than, remembering stuff you have liked or not liked about it. A forum should be place were people can have conversations and most probably some of the topics that are beeing discussed may not interest you for what ever reason. There is no need to start a rampage every time you stumble upon such a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Hey mate, cool down. Of course this thread is "useless". This thread is not supposed to be a collection of scientific facts, nor a guide, nor a dick comparison contest. It is nostalgia. Old man talking about how things have been back than, remembering stuff you have liked or not liked about it. A forum should be place were people can have conversations and most probably some of the topics that are beeing discussed may not interest you for what ever reason. There is no need to start a rampage every time you stumble upon such a discussion.
    I don't start it every time. I started it now, because a week ago there was this exact same thread. Same with the week before, and before. There's even threads on the official forums.

I don't mind Vanilla threads, but I want personal experiences. I love reading about some event or quest from back then, but I won't glee at every "LOL I REMEMBUR BARRENS CHAT".

I'd love this thread if it was more personal and didn't feel like a giant copypaste from Wowpedia.

Example, jbombard's story. THAT'S good thread material.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

15+ Year Old Account
    when resto druids just used healing touch rank 4
    when druids had to go resto to give priests innervate

I'm not going to read 11 pages, but i'll leave one here.

When rogue poisons use to have charges and duration, with a rather long application time to put on weapons.

You know someone played Vanilla if they farmed in Burning Steppes, by tagging mobs that hunter bots were going for and reaping the rewards! Got an entire black dragonscale set this way.
    RETH

when you were not allowed to dps Onyxia in first phase due to threat issues. only wand attacks!
    when only dwarf priests had fear ward, making Magmadar, for example, ez mode for alliance tanks.
    when you had thottbot.com as your quest helper, cos there were no quest markers on map.
    when you had to install an addon to get access to extra action bars.
    when you could craft Invulnerable mail pre-nerf and rofl stomp melee classes as shaman. (30 arcanite bars bro!)

Deleted
    oh oh oh
    let me try i see ppl saying about ubrs but i dont see any1 saying how to obtain ubrs ring to get in it
    oh more... u know ur played vanilla when u had to farm brd for ony attument chain quest...
    more hm queing for av playing for few hours then exit for hour or two then geting back in same av
    hm lets more acualy riding a rivendales charger as alliance in vanilla
    playing MC over and over and over to get dkp so u can outroll other ppl for items u want xD

Deleted

Someone's butthurt.
    Explain how you know everything if you didn't play in vanilla.
    This is just a nostalgia thread to remember how it was like, like I wrote in the OP.
    It's amazing to see how bothered some people are about this... I don't get it. Click on the thread, know what it's about, but still keep flaming everyone. Get out.

OT:
    When we farmed fade leaf as rogues, haha.
    When all rogues knew Ming, the rogue hero, haha.

Most of my later vanilla days was spent in AB with a pre-made team. We could be doing AB non stop for 8+ hours a day farming for ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Ok guys,

Let's talk nostalgia.
    How to know if someone played vanilla!
    You can talk about anything in vanilla that the newer players from TBC -> MoP can't know about.

"You played vanilla if..." finish this sentence.

... when warlocks had to farm soulshards before raiding or doing anything really, poor guys. And when a soulshard took a bagslot.
    ... when hunters needed ammo for their ranged weapons, and the ammo stacked per 200 and took bagslots. And there was different types of ammo's, very strong ammo could be made by engineers.

I started playing during TBC as a warlock and I used soulshards for a long time. Hunters used ammo too. I kept one soulshard and one ammo pouch in the bank. If I remember well, both ammo and soulshards were removed only in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No mention of plainstriding yet?
    I was thinking the same thing and I am a tBC player lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Someone's butthurt.
    Explain how you know everything if you didn't play in vanilla.
    This is just a nostalgia thread to remember how it was like, like I wrote in the OP.
    It's amazing to see how bothered some people are about this... I don't get it. Click on the thread, know what it's about, but still keep flaming everyone. Get out.

OT:
    When we farmed fade leaf as rogues, haha.
    When all rogues knew Ming, the rogue hero, haha.
    How we know all those things? Because we've seen this exact thread about 9001 times already.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    if you still wear this tabard: http://www.wowhead.com/item=28788