Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You played Vanilla if you knew about "Illegal Danish: Super Snacks", the song "MC Raiders", that you had to walk to get pretty much anywhere till you were at least lvl 40 (if you could afford a mount, that is), and that learning spells and ranks costed a ridiculous amount of gold.

If you also were a mana user, well... *drinks some water* You would be needing to go to a vendor quite often, unless you had no money (of course), and you needed to farm stuff and quest to afford buying those to be able to keep questing and grinding. That's the circle of managing resources, for you. =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    op

small detail.

I never played vanilla, started December 12th 06 but...

----->>>>>>... when hunters needed ammo for their ranged weapons, and the ammo stacked per 200 and took bagslots. And there was different types of ammo's, very strong ammo could be made by engineers. <<<<<<-----

Surely that is wrong? When I played the stacks were 20, not 200, that was a patch, and you had ammo bags to give them a buff as well as the ammo itself being of different sizes. 200 stacks were later, then ammo bags went
    No, I played ORC hunter in 2006 and I am 100% sure I had stacks of 200 bullets that took up one bag slot, not sure on when they removed this, but I thought before TBC or early TBC, didn't play hunter after that anymore though.
    Last edited by mmoc810f4186eb; 2012-10-01 at 11:09 AM.

When the server was an actual community. Everyone knew each other, especially in BG's and world pvp.

Do the 45 min run in Strat for a piece of your dungeon 0.5 set

Killing everyone in the AH with a Geddon bomb

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember if this was in effect during TBC too, but: When Snowballs caused party-members to be knocked down.
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Sorry, it was not my goal to accuse you of starting it every time. That was not formulated optimally. Thank you for the constructive reply, I agree with you. It indeed would be a better thread. So I will make the first step then.

I still remember when I reached lvl 60 with my first character, a dwarf paladin named Migrin. I was killing a mage ogre in the searing gorche and farmed my last percentages of XP. It took me a little more than 20 days of time played to reach this point and I was very proud to have been 6 days faster than my friend, who played a gnome rouge.

The next day I started with the MC pre quest and got the polearm from UBRS. I felt like I was doing a butload of damage with it. The last 2h weapon I got before was the mace from Maraudon. The week after, I was taken to MC the first time, expecting to rip things apart. Only than I realized what it means to be a paladin in a raid. I was mashing my decursive macro like a mad man and refreshed my 5 minute buffs when there was a cd to spare. But what really made me said was when I was told to wait out of fight to rezz people afterwards...
    Thanks for the reasonable reply, it's exactly what Vanilla threads should be like I actually envy people who got to play it (I wish I did, it's my main regret, but I was too young to afford it). I love reading experiences, like when you had to refresh Blessings... It makes me relate to the story and it's just more impressive than randomly stating things you remember.

I won't even reply to what the OP said to me (lulz btw) and called me dumb for no reason. I haven't been unreasonable, I just stated what I believe would improve this thread. And stories like ^ are indeed far more enjoyable than reading a bunch of facts that everyone is familiar with because they weren't Vanilla specific.

Why do you always have to be so mean to everyone?
    Wut? I'm a sweetheart <3
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping you weren't killed while AFK checking thottbot.
    Most of your gold going to repair bills because you were.
    The sound of stealth going active made you paranoid hours.
    Finding books to train first aid.
    Finding a random dragon in a low level zone, discovering what getting one-shotted looks like...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    You must not have played the same vanilla as me,... My main was a miner and he had 1600 g by the time he reached level 60 ...
    Yeah well, you were clearly one of those exeptions in that case. Most people on my server were working their ass off to afford it.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-10-01 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way to find out if someone played WoW in vanilla/launch:

They hate WoW now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    The best way to find out if someone played WoW in vanilla/launch:

They hate WoW now.
    Um, I played in Vanilla, and I still like WoW.

The most obvious clue is that they no longer subscribe because the game has declined so far from back then.

You remember when the guys at Arenanet and Red 5 Studios were the guys who brought us Vanilla WoW

you played vanilla if you ever had fun in AV
    you played vanilla when you created a rogue after getting oneshotted 10 times in a row by a rogue in BG
    you played vanilla when your only job in Raids was to buff people over and over instead of healing/attacking (paladin only)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cthun was unkillable before nurf.
    And after a nurf it was stil considered the hardest boss of all time.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 01:58 PM ----------

Cthun was unkillable before nurf.
    And after a nurf it was stil considered the hardest boss of all time.

If You grinded for Your Argent Dawn epiX.

Deleted
    If you farmed honor for months like a nut case just to get an epic mount. It was actually a better option than farming the gold for it.

On my warlock... always my warlock

- fear juggling with curse of recklessnes... and the accompanied screams when you used it (OMG THIS NEWB IS USING FEARZ>>> WE'LL WIPE THANKS NOOB)
    - Always farming for soulshards... always...all the time... not exagerating... always
    - Fearing people without end
    - Getting my Doomguard and killing people in my party :P
    - Epic mount quest
    - Farming rep with the furgols (??cba to look it up, bears up north in felwood) for the awesome healing trinket
    - endless runs on scholo and strat, no idea what raiding even was :P
    - just levelling to sixty and getting there before my friends... epic
    - wasting my time every day just doing pointless shit (i miss those days sometimes)

/nostalgia off, back to work
    Read the signature rules

15+ Year Old Account
    When you watched "The Axemen" clear MC in a little over an hour (AQ40 wasn't even close to being released) and almost shit yourself.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-10-01 at 01:14 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone has a FOS of any of the old BG titles :3