Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How about farming the ghosts in Scarlet Monastery graveyard for gold to buy your first mount at level 40.
    Or how about the warrior quest for the axe that sent you all over the world to kill things much tougher then you. I didn't get my axe until level 45 and even then had to have help from a level 60 warrior in the guild to finish it.
    And one more, the hunter bow from the chest in Molten core that required you to kill 3 demons without assistance (even from your pet) and to finish it had to have the bow string from one of the world dragon kills to change it from a staff into a bow. I still have that in my hunters bank with full T1. Don't think I will ever get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I want to say it started with a "K" but I could just be pulling that out of my ass.

My raid leader, btw, still has his old DKP spreadsheets from classic. There's another way to know he played; no one would fake something so tedious!
    KTM threat meter by any chance ? :P

Still cant believe no-one other than me has mentioned lava run...
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

For rogues just say

"The Lobotomizer"

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Shaman forums causing Tseric the CM to quit/get fired.
    I think he changed his screen name and kept going, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quommy View Post
    For rogues just say

"The Lobotomizer"
    I still have mine!

It's great for transmog since its glow overrides the weapon enchants.

Also Don Julio's ring, the other awesome AV rogue reward.

Quote Originally Posted by redwitchy View Post
    KTM threat meter by any chance ? :P
    I'll bet that's it!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    When pvping use to giv eyou titles, and if you killed someone that was below your lvl you lost honor and your hard earned title =( My hunter only rocks Private now because of it, and yes she is a night elf lol.

Before dual spec, so if you didnt have money, you had to lvl your priest as holy on a pvp server /cry

as a hunter rocking the defias staff from deadmines to boost your magic/mana pool and going to every faction city to learn all of your weapon skills

As a low lvl night elf wanting to play with your friends in ironforge, the dreaded wetlands run!!

I still have the old PVP title "Scout" on a few characters. I use it a lot- it reminds me of old times. I earned in in Vanilla, but I think that might have lasted into BC.

You know someone played in vanilla if they've left an AV, gone to bed for the night, got up in the morning, worked all day, came home, then joined the same AV still in progress.

You know you played vanilla when you can remember the name of a Grand Marshal from your server 7 years later.

you have a tabard from opening the dark portal that has an on use that makes you flex

Deleted
    You know you played Vanilla if you did Barman Shanker runs on your rogue.

Sadly I'm new, but my account history shows as day 1

http://i.imgur.com/TGDzj.jpg

Day 1. Don't think I can post the link though, since this is my first post here.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-10-01 at 04:43 PM. Reason: made link

when there was a x-road battle around 150 vs 150 and 5 ppl of the the 300 had an epic mount and some had 1 or 2 epics

... now that was bad ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You know you played vanilla when you can remember the name of a Grand Marshal from your server 7 years later.
    We had a guy who ground out two GM's in our guild.

stacking intellect to help my warrior gain weapon skills faster.

If they quit during Cataclysm
    Free-To-Play is the future.

When you had to beg, borrow, or steal to afford the 90g it took to buy the lvl 40 riding. Then finally got to 90 and went to train riding and cried because you didn't know the mount cost 9g more.

I for one didn't have enough gold to buy the 100% land speed mount until I was level 66. And to get flying I had to farm quests after hitting 70 for 2 weeks to get the 1000g to get that.

Deleted
    You played in vanilla if you raided Xroad

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    You played vannila if you knew who are dopefish.
    Noggaholic. I still watch that video from time to time.

You're a vanilla player if you remember questing in XR only to randomly get decimated by a 40 man Alliance raid. Or killing that poor group of 5 Alliance making a running towards RFK.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I remember being a Demonology Warlock before patch 1.6, pretty much 90% of the talents did nothing for the class.

I don't think anything else in the game has been as horribly broken as that spec was.
    Closer near the end of vanilla it become a good Warlock PvP spec though.

Oh, and another good one that not many people know. In the beginning of vanilla WoW there was absolutely no existance of PvP yet.
    It's strange to realize now, but PvP was one of the major new things in one of the content patches of vanilla.
    Well not PvP. BGs and honor were added in a patch. Before this the TM and Southshore fights were most active.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    When you had to beg, borrow, or steal to afford the 90g it took to buy the lvl 40 riding. Then finally got to 90 and went to train riding and cried because you didn't know the mount cost 9g more.

I for one didn't have enough gold to buy the 100% land speed mount until I was level 66. And to get flying I had to farm quests after hitting 70 for 2 weeks to get the 1000g to get that.
    By the time I hit 60, they had already swapped it so the expensive thing was the riding and the mounts themselves were cheap, which sucked since I had the pvp mount sitting in my bank. I was 63 or 64 (don't remember exactly except that I was in Zangarmarsh) when I could finally afford the epic riding.

The first epic mount I got after my black warhorse was actually the green elekk (human character). I wanted one so bad that I spent a huge amount of time immediately after BC went live grinding exalted with the Draenei -- no easy feat then -- which meant thousands of runecloth turn-ins. I was too impatient to wait for the pvp version of the mount (good thing too since I don't think they added it until the end of Wrath). I actually hit exalted with them before my home faction on that character.

WORTH IT. I had a badass elephant.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |