Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    So you only played vanilla if you played endgame right?
    only 1 of the things the OP said were in endgame. Everything else was and could easily be discovered by a lower level person, and even experience them.

Looks like we have one person here who didnt play in vanilla!!!

You played vanilla if you yelled "Loot the dog!" more than one time in every Molten Core run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something unique to vanilla wow that never used after ? Farm mobs with detect invisibility at Duskwood to get shards for raiding as warlock, and "dream" of having an alt (I don't remember more than 5people who actually had 2 lvl60 characters, and their alts were greenies crap gear users who only exist for mining/herbing),
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

You know someone who played Vanilla if:

- He knows how to get a 2.0 attack speed dagger as a rogue. (soloing Barman Shanker, good old times - mage killer)
    - He knows what bubble hearth means.
    - If he one shoted people with WF + Arcanite Reaper. (good times when horde didn't have pallies)
    - If he knows what vodoo piles did in Zul Gurub
    - If he knows what is the special effect of IRON FOE (the epic mace from BRD) - Tip: you speak dwarvish, even if you were horde
    - If he knows what Jindo used to scream everytime Mandokir killed a player.
    - If he knows that in the cockpit of the schredders in Stonetallon has a Kerrigan's photo.
    - If you asked for help to get a WW axe
    - If you asked for help to do DM west for your epic dreadsteed
    - If you know ho is the false warchief
    - If you know how to start the quest for Quel Serrar. FKn best sword model of all times.
    - If you crafted 2.800 heavy runecloth bandages to grind rep to get the undead horse (i did this, omg) during AQ opening
    - If you had a char named Kazaakspy, Azuregospy, Ashenspy, Hinterspy, Feralaspy and Duskspy.

I can keep going....

10+ Year Old Account
    If they constantly bitch about the game and wish it was the "good old days".

10+ Year Old Account
    Wall climbing!!! I miss going behind the bases in WSG, or climbing the mountain side and dropping the flag up there, even before the patch where the flag resets if not held for sometime... Those 17 hour BG's before a GM comes in and resets everything. In all honesty, the game sucks compared to what it used to be.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

A lot of this Vanilla stuff was still around in BC. Most people seem to be forgetting that. But I guess that's why BC was the best expansion, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by agathangalos View Post
    A lot of this Vanilla stuff was still around in BC. Most people seem to be forgetting that. But I guess that's why BC was the best expansion, eh?
    Well, TBC removed a lot of the stuff people listed. Such as:

1) Needing groups for group quests
    2) Elite mobs in the world, especially in front of dungeons (related to #1)
    3) Pally and Lock mounts being challenging

etc..... Yeah, they were there at the beginning of TBC, but not for much longer.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You played vanilla if you remember being disapointed that your teir GEAR did not drop. (F tokens in the A.)

Wall-jumping to reach IF AIRPORT!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    The entrance for MC was in BRD before you could window jump. BWL was in UBRS before the orb.
    While the entrance to BWL has always been in UBRS, the patch that capped it at 15 was made well before BWL was implemented; the orb has been there as long as the raid has. The UBRS portal, however, could be used without having completed the attunement quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    two words: FATHER FLAME

i still have nightmares over trying to force people to do the optional boss so i could get my damn shoulders (or was it legs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Something unique to vanilla wow that never used after ? Farm mobs with detect invisibility at Duskwood to get shards for raiding as warlock, and "dream" of having an alt (I don't remember more than 5people who actually had 2 lvl60 characters, and their alts were greenies crap gear users who only exist for mining/herbing),
    I had 6 60's in vanilla ;x. My friend had 8. You just didn't know the right people

10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't played Vanilla unless you've spent a week straight in the same AV xD

Deleted
    The battleground Marks of Honor.
    AV lasting hours, even days. And actually summoning the boss.
    Farming gold being a pain in the arse.
    Wallclimbing IF auction house (or airport)

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    A fair few of these I did after Vanilla...

The one thing I still have nightmares about is being a Night Elf and ending up in Ironforge because I had just learned about boats and just picked up Aspect of the Cheetah... the horrors I faced... *shudder*
    Wasn't that pretty far into TBC when that happened? I remember having to run from Exodar to Ironforge on my first Dranei.....and dying a lot on the run. I don't think there was a boat that go you anywhere close.

10+ Year Old Account
    AV lasting for a WEEK. fishing for 2-3 hours near horde bass. glitching underneath org or stormwind as horde and yelling idiotic macros. kiting world bosses across continents.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you played vanilla, when you get annoyed at ppl leaving a dungeon cause it takes longer than 30 minutes.. You know you played Vanilla when you get angry, and want to go physical on pricks whining about stuff being too expensive and stuff being too hard.. And last but not least ( my personal one, but guess everyone disagree..) You know you played Vanilla, when you actually miss the long epic quest chains, taking you across the world, making you experience stuff.. And you get upset when you see ppl rushing to max lvl, then complaining about the game being boring... Enjoy the damn journey...
    "As Dark as a Ravens flight, Cold as Winters night"

Yay Voodoo dolls!!

Classic WoW

Not sure if told already but:

You played Classic WoW if you remember using lower level spells for more efficiency.
    You played Classic WoW if you remember the endless wipes and running back to BRM without complaining!
    You played Classic WoW if you remember Arcanite Reaper HOOOOOOOO!!!
    You played Classic WoW if you remember that rogues two-shot all clothies... Ambush > Backstab; NEXT!
    You played Classic WoW if you remember leveling a paladin was auto attack and AFK for 5mins on each mob... Also paladin seals were consumed and ONLY lasted 30secs.
    You played Classic WoW if you remember feeding hunter pets.
    You played Classic WoW if you remember when some spells came from books that were random world drops.
    You played Classic WoW if you remember using Thotbot.com before Wowhead.com came at all.
    You played Classic WoW if you remember when epics WERE EPIC!

I was in one of the longest AV's ever on Frostwolf (US) horde side. That single AV took 8 days to complete and Horde were victorious! We joined it after waiting SIX hours and never left it once... My friend and brother and I had turns playing the character threw all those 8 days!