Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They link items in trade from their old AV exploits? http://www.wowhead.com/item=18142/se...night-elf-head

You know....a few of you guys are saying things that "make you a vanilla player" that existed after vanilla. Should probably only mention things that never made it out of that time. Just saying.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    That's very true, in Vanilla Bloodlust was Horde-Exclusive, because shamans were horde-only. Paladin blessigns were single-target, 5 min duration and Alliance-only.
    The Horde got paladins (and their blessings, which were given "greater" versions at that time, while having 15 min duration and buffing all members of the same class) when TBC launched, just like Alliance got shamans and Heroism (Alliance version of Bloodlust).
    Bloodlust didnt enter the game until tbc tho so no its not true^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you remember that the 1k mount training only worked for that specific animal....... nightsaber training, ram training, etc.

you played vanilla if you wiped in 10 man scholo to a battle mage.

you played vanilla if you participated in BRM pvp.

you played vanilla if you ice trapped Garrs adds.

you played vanilla wow if you cried when a shaman frost shocked you.

you played vanilla wow if you knew who the best players of each class were on your server.

You played Vanilla if you remember Crossroads/Barrens chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    You played vanilla if you used Firestone and spellstone on an offhand,wand, or staff.
    Still have one of each in my bank as mementos

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Bloodlust didnt enter the game until tbc tho so no its not true^^
    Now that I checked on wowhead it's true what you're saying, my bad.
    Still, back in Vanilla shamans were horde only and paladins alliance only.

I've always played paladin, and I started playing 2 weeks after EU launch - under different name and a human, but it's still the same char, only got slight surgery in late Cataclysm I only got a shaman alt in TBC, so that might be why I confused it abit.

P.S. Those 5-min blessings were driving me crazy.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    If you remember ending the original Scourge Invasion event in the Naxx patch, when the 200th ziggurat was defeated AND still have the screenshot ya took right after!

You know you played vanilla if you tried to DPS as Teh Ret, only to be told to "shut up and heel u nub"
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    the PVP honor system.

grinding GM/HWL made getting The Insane title (pre-nerf) look like a "go kill 10 boars" quest
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Ok guys,

... when warlocks had to farm soulshards before raiding or doing anything really, poor guys. And when a soulshard took a bagslot.
    ... when hunters needed ammo for their ranged weapons, and the ammo stacked per 200 and took bagslots. And there was different types of ammo's, very strong ammo could be made by engineers.
    Those was not just in Vanilla we had that until WotLK

Trying to get people attuned with Onixia's Lair. Yikes...
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmonkey90 View Post
    You know you played vanilla, when you get annoyed at ppl leaving a dungeon cause it takes longer than 30 minutes.. You know you played Vanilla when you get angry, and want to go physical on pricks whining about stuff being too expensive and stuff being too hard.. And last but not least ( my personal one, but guess everyone disagree..) You know you played Vanilla, when you actually miss the long epic quest chains, taking you across the world, making you experience stuff.. And you get upset when you see ppl rushing to max lvl, then complaining about the game being boring... Enjoy the damn journey...
    Some of those quests were a waste of time on inception. What was enjoyable about getting four different dungeon groups, because no one else was on the same quest as you/felt like doing all the travel, all that travel time/waiting for groups outside of the instances, either farming or buying all of the mats just to form something... Like a blue weapon that was only even worth looking at for 4 levels? Even back then 4 levels didn't take as long as getting all of that crap together.

As for "enjoying the journey", what journey? Elite mobs fall over solo against players in greens these days. Throw them in blues or heirlooms and classes low armour classes like rogues can face tank the entire dungeons. There's so little worth doing at low levels, you can't blame people for power-leveling.

Deleted
    Swirly Ball FTW.

Sorry to say, but a lot of things being mentioned were not only vanilla wow. I started in TBC, and I can remember a lot of these things, like running on your feet till level 40, learning weapon skills, using ammo as a hunter etc etc. I could list a lot of things, and make it seem as though I was a classic wow player, but I'm not.

But keep up the nostalgia, it takes me back too

When you remember this:
    "I kill two dwarves in da morning, I kill two dwarves at night,
    I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel alright.
    I kill two dwarves in time of peace and two in time of war,
    I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more."

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    You played vanilla if you remember the days when 100g was actually a big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

You know someone played vanilla if they had ice cream. Vanilla ice cream.

If you wanted to ride another faction mount the only way to get exalted with that faction was to hand in tons of runecloth, then buy the mount for 900g.
    If you managed that you had something special.