Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you explored Mount Hyal and Caverns of Time when there were completely empty, through the use of clever jumping, blinking and slow falling.

You had to kill Luci for learning the skill ''Tranquilizing Shot''
    Or
    Geting a quest from Sovik to get the transporter for Gnomeregan as horde only.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You had to learn weapon skills so that you wouldn't miss
    Mage buff / intel used to increase chance to get a point
    There was a mob in blasted lands that you used to use to skill up.
    Spirit used to allow Wind Fury to proc more often
    Wind Fury used to be amazing with a 2-hander in battlegrounds.
    CC for players was 30 seconds, not what it is now.
    Warlocks were scary. gnome warlocks with pink hair were the devil incarnate.
    Elixirs used to stack and stack and stack. Not just two types.
    Running around punching things in the face to level unarmed skill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    You nailed it. They have Holy Strike because they're the original paladins. During beta the players' skills got changed, but npcs remained as initially developed.
    I didn't know that ... But then again I was playing horde lock and druid during beta

Rogues having to lvl their poisons, lock picking, constantly carry vanishing powder, ravenholdt detect trap quest/lock pick quest.

"I'm a little paladin, short and stout. Here's my hammer and here's my mount. When I get in trouble I scream and shout, then I bubble and hearthstone out!"

MANY WHELPS!!! LEFT SIDE!!! 50DKP MINUS!!

24+ hour AV's where no one really got passed Stonehearth

Razorgore + paladin = instant win...until Blizz decided that BoP'ing Razorgore was considered an exploit

ganking hunters while they are trying to kite the demon for their bow quest in winterspring.

farming Mazthoril Cave (when it was filled with the blue dragonkin) for epic patterns and a chance at Krol Blade

spending all of my DKP on perditions blade because the other 5-7 rogues wanted it as well

warlock tanks on Gar

5 minute paladin buffs

having to individually buff each person in the raid because the priest didn't have the luck nor the gold to buy the Prayer of fortitude book...or they ran out of holy candles.

3 man BRD runs (2 rogues and a resto druid) to get the barman's shanker

tier .5...

Frost mages soloing mobs in Naxx for gear.

benedition being a sign of an easy kill in pvp or Anathema being a sign of sure death.

laughing at balance druids...well before moonkin form.

daring to level in STV...knowing full well its a rogues playground

"trap my target, next...sap my target, next...sheep my target..."

"ok guys...looks like only 4 people are DC'd...lets go ahead and pull the next set of trash"

knowing full well why you had to have a dwarf priest for raiding...

waiting for 3 sunders (although you had to do that in BC as well)

ZG having tokens to turn in on an island in northwestern STV

running from shaman wielding a hand of rag...in an attempt to maintain personal sanity

the WSG sit macro glitch

these are just a few memories i have of vanilla.

You played vanilla if you bought WoW at release

...am i doin it rite?

I am playing Vanilla right now...Ice Ice Baby. It was the only way I could get The Final Countdown out of my head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Easy...we link our pvp achievement from Vanilla. Even doing a single bg back then would grant you the first rank.
    h t t p : //eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/marecage-de-zangar/Fenrir/achievement#81:a438

Ask simple question: Do you think WoW is to easy now?
    And if you'll get answer: Oh yeah! It's to easy-baby-kungfu-panda game! For children! WoW was one a damn hard game! Hard game! Haaaaaaaaaaard! Next 25 expansions we'll be damn easy and this game is... to easy man! Let's find time machine and back to vanilla! Plz blizz bring vanilla back now it's to easy and I need something hard!

Now smile

There you go - now you know this person played vanilla... :]

you played vannila if you know the cast time for mount was 3sec

*edit* you played vanilla if you know blizzard used to open 1 server and ppl made 40man raid of lvl 1s to kill hogger
    Last edited by tallon; 2013-06-27 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    no achieve in vanilla...
    plus, I'm not even playing on the same server I was playing in vanilla (though all my toons are still there).

Few weeks ago I wanted to create a new char and I got the message that I had the maximum allowed ! I didn't even know there was one

Quote Originally Posted by Sony View Post
    Geting a quest from Sovik to get the transporter for Gnomeregan as horde only.
    Or Mindcontrolling Krixix in BWL to learn the Enchanted Elementium Bar recipe :P

- When resistance gear mattered and you had to farm it
    - When mages had to manually conjure food/drinks for 40 people before raid. Took ages

You played Vanilla if you come on the forums and pine for a vanilla server, which sounds like an awesome ideal until you actually go back and experience it. Nostalgia can really kick a dude in the ass. Loved the Transformers cartoons in the 80's? Yeah, just try to watch a full episode without stabbing your sensory organs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    You played vanilia if you know, Scholo was originally a 10man raid instance.
    You played vanilia if you know that Blizz had a patch to change the models of each Tier 2 sets to be more epic.

*Originally* dungeons didn't have caps *at all* and you could take 40 people into strat.

And the "original" tier 2 models were just placeholder.

Nice try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by tuxedobob View Post
    And the "original" tier 2 models were just placeholder.
    Ya, more epic :P My warlock hat was a turban, at first.

A few T2 slots also dropped off MC bosses at random, and then it got removed.

15+ Year Old Account
    One shotting 3 mages w/ 1 multishot in AV.

Ah, being full T3 fighting green geared 60s. Those were the days.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    -When PvE gear dominated PvP
    -When They whined about how near useless druids were besides healing (and other classes with useless specs)
    -When PvP was broken in certain patches
    -If you remember Cpt.Placeholder (But thats more beta)
    -Certain achievements(But most of you probably know that)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bybis View Post
    You played vanilla if you enjoyed running on feet until level 40
    That was still the case in BC as well because I remember doing that and I never played vanilla. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it much either....

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    You remember Sillithus being a deadzone? I guess you didn't open the gates of AQ then yet? Else that is a false answer.
    Not sure what you mean by deadzone Meant like there was barely anything to do there
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne