Thread: Dear Hunters,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    i had a bad warrior tank yesterday SHOUT at me to turn taunt off. calling me a huntard etc. taunt wasnt on, he was just a rubbish tank. i had another "we should be grateful" tank keep going afk so the group carried on claring the trash with my turtle tanking. he was so put out that he emo quit and the gods of LFD gave us a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    calling me a huntard etc.
    hm.. huntard
    Thats funny, i will start using this :]

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    Lol MD is not that bad... its the hunters who leave the pet taunt on ...
    Suprisingly easy to do especially when you have other things to do at start of the dungeon such as change spec and pet etc and the group starts pulling instantly. I often don't notice till the 1st trash pack. I'm sure there are plenty of tanks who have forgotten to change to defensive stance or put rightous fury on after changing spec for a dungeon and that is basically the same thing (except more problematic).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I use the addon, only announcing the cast. I almost never MD unless I know the Tank is kinda bad or I just want to spam my guild run with notifications. I used to spam my old guild's tank when she was mounted before a Baleroc pull. FFFFFFFFFF(keybind)FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF "YOU ARE MOUNTED!" "YOU ARE MOUNTED!" "YOU ARE MOUNTED!" xD
    Lol man I hate that, when a tank pulls while mounted and you can't MD then the tank starts to bitch that you're pulling aggro somehow. that's why Ilearned to let the tank hit first and wait about 4 sec in that situation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    i had a bad warrior tank yesterday SHOUT at me to turn taunt off. calling me a huntard etc. taunt wasnt on, he was just a rubbish tank. i had another "we should be grateful" tank keep going afk so the group carried on claring the trash with my turtle tanking. he was so put out that he emo quit and the gods of LFD gave us a better one.
    I like those tanks that epeen about their dps and criticise the dps of the dps players because the tank can pull 200-300k dps on trash due to how stupid the vengeance mechanic is... and there is literally no way you can get anywhere near that sort of dps with a dps class in current gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    Lol MD is not that bad... its the hunters who leave the pet taunt on ...
    I don't know why tanks get butthurt over this. Just let the pet die and move on from there. It is not like hunters weren't just questing or something. When I tank I am quite happy for a hunter pet to tank, that is one mob I don't have to bother tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    I don't know why tanks get butthurt over this. Just let the pet die and move on from there. It is not like hunters weren't just questing or something. When I tank I am quite happy for a hunter pet to tank, that is one mob I don't have to bother tanking.
    This... assuming the tank is not so bad that they don't at least put more threat on the mob than the rest of the group (as they would or should be normally) then the pet will just die, and the mob will go right back to the tank. There is really no reason to complain... the tank is just taking less damage. The hunter, assuming he is not brain dead, should realize what has happened, rez pet, autocast off, continue.

Easy way to fix it.... add this to your pet attack macro, or cobra shot, or whatever else you use frequently:

/petautocastoff [group]Growl
    /petautocaston [nogroup]Growl

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Unless, of course, the boss or trash mobs do some nasty AE abilities on the melee which would require you to move the mobs out and you can't because the pet is taunting every 8 seconds.

Also, for those of you that don't know - before MoP the taunt wasn't that big of a deal - it was a numerical threat value that was rather high that any tank could easily outdps. So, no biggie there. With MoP, the taunt on ALL pets is equal to a tank taunt. THAT is what makes it so freakin' irritating.

But yeah, now, I just let the pet tank - allows me a little time to grab my drink and just white damage for awhile It's the hunter or warlock that's losing dps by wasting GCD cycles throwing heals at it to keep it up.

EDIT: And I will never understand why hunters don't MD every time it's up - especially on trash packs. You're not losing anything. Why not help out? Get in the habit to start off with and it'll serve you very well later down the line when it's 2nd nature to ya.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who uses MD on tanks??? Pretty sure it was made for mages and annoying healers...

Quote Originally Posted by Jandus View Post
    Unless, of course, the boss or trash mobs do some nasty AE abilities on the melee which would require you to move the mobs out and you can't because the pet is taunting every 8 seconds.

Also, for those of you that don't know - before MoP the taunt wasn't that big of a deal - it was a numerical threat value that was rather high that any tank could easily outdps. So, no biggie there. With MoP, the taunt on ALL pets is equal to a tank taunt. THAT is what makes it so freakin' irritating.

But yeah, now, I just let the pet tank - allows me a little time to grab my drink and just white damage for awhile It's the hunter or warlock that's losing dps by wasting GCD cycles throwing heals at it to keep it up.

EDIT: And I will never understand why hunters don't MD every time it's up - especially on trash packs. You're not losing anything. Why not help out? Get in the habit to start off with and it'll serve you very well later down the line when it's 2nd nature to ya.
    I don't think your example makes sense, every fight where that takes place it requires the melee to run out and not the tank to move it out of melee.

Anyway, the point still stands if the hunter doesn't turn it off, just let it die.

I stopped using MD on tanks when a tank complained to me about using it all the time on him, said it was insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandus View Post

Every hunter should use MD at the beginning of a fight, but it costs a GCD, which is a huge waste in most cases, because the tank usually has solid threat by the time it comes off CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Every hunter should use MD at the beginning of a fight, but it costs a GCD, which is a huge waste in most cases, because the tank usually has solid threat by the time it comes off CD.
    Not anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It's funny how that works. Specially considering MD has a 18 second duration, making plenty of room to cast it before engaging.

OT: I use JS' Hunter Bar and I have my tanks ain't complaining, in fact, they don't mind knowing when they are being misdirected. If you're spamming misdirection like crazy, then yes, turn it off, but if you're using it once or twice per fight? You can't really complain about being spammed as a tank in that case.

I once saw a bug where a hunter's MD macro/mod announced it in LFG chat. THAT was annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of these hunter growl taunts has been coming from stampede tho
    If growl is left on auto on any of the pets not present they will cast it.
    Bit difficult to recall whether you remembered to turn it off 1-2 hs ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Not anymore.
    Oops, you are correct. Sorry for spreading misinformation. Still, it is unnecessary to cast MD on CD unless there is an add phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    It's funny how that works. Specially considering MD has a 18 second duration, making plenty of room to cast it before engaging.

OT: I use JS' Hunter Bar and I have my tanks ain't complaining, in fact, they don't mind knowing when they are being misdirected. If you're spamming misdirection like crazy, then yes, turn it off, but if you're using it once or twice per fight? You can't really complain about being spammed as a tank in that case.
    Yes, I know... that's what I said... you should cast it at the beginning of the fight, no excuses.

Deleted
    MD on tank before big pull means instant aoe destroy dps numbers without threat of missing a mob with multishot due to it losing threat on the tank.

I don't really specifically remember a time when the tank asked me to used MD, or when the tank complained I used MD. Because I don't use it for the tank, it's for myself.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dear Tank,
    pull and build aggro faster, i don't want to waste my DPS boosting a retarded tank

seriously, this thread is pointless

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Suprisingly easy to do especially when you have other things to do at start of the dungeon such as change spec and pet etc and the group starts pulling instantly. I often don't notice till the 1st trash pack. I'm sure there are plenty of tanks who have forgotten to change to defensive stance or put rightous fury on after changing spec for a dungeon and that is basically the same thing (except more problematic).
    Ha ha. I do that more often than I'd like to admit. I'm really good at remembering to turn off Growl when joining groups, but for some reason I almost always forget to activate Righteous Fury when switching to prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    I have to say one thing to hunters too. Dear hunters, stop having your pet's taunt on on EVERY DUNGEON.
    It makes me doubt if you actually have lvled to 90 from 1 or you bought the account from Ebay lol!
    Kind of like Righteous Fury...

Most of us haven't had to solo anything for over a year. It's easy to forget that we ran dailies the night before and didn't shut it off.