Thread: Dear Hunters,

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dear Hunters,

I do not need to know each time you cast misdirection and each time the threat transfer is complete.

Sincerely, Your Tank.

ahh good ol JS hunter bar

it's a great addon but people just install it without knowing how to configure it.

dear tank, enjoy the free threat and stop complaining

Quote Originally Posted by kpowell03 View Post
    /end thread

Quote Originally Posted by kpowell03 View Post
    I don't need the extra threat and I also don't need to be spammed with whispers.

10+ Year Old Account
    aye , just dont be a huntard and check off all raid ,party ,whisper, whatever notifications for missdirect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnx014 View Post
    I do not need to know each time you cast misdirection and each time the threat transfer is complete.

Sincerely, Your Tank.
    Wait, you actually saw hunters who use misdirection ?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    Wait, you actually saw hunters who use misdirection ?!?
    hahahaha, in the past i never used MD... there was one time when someone said "Hunter use MD and pull the boss" and i was like "MD? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    hahahaha, in the past i never used MD... there was one time when someone said "Hunter use MD and pull the boss" and i was like "MD? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!!!"
    I'm just used to hunters not using it. Countless time on an aoe pull I would think "I wonder if the hunter will use misdirection. Nvm, he just used multi shot, the mobs are going straight for him".

If I'm running with a new tank, I usually ask if they find it helpful or annoying. However, I don't use JS' MD notification because like you said, the tank doesn't need to know when the threat transfer is complete, only when it has been cast on them(and again as you pointed out, sometimes not even that). On my tanking alt, I personally like having the notification when a hunter uses Misdirect on me.
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnx014 View Post
    I don't need the extra threat and I also don't need to be spammed with whispers.
    You may not, many tanks do. But I'll admit, the whispers are irritating.

I do it out of habit. But I don't have that addon :P
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the addon, but obviously turned off all messages, even i find them annoying. Also i MD every pull, the quicker adds are all bunched up on the tank the more dps i can do

I always MD to the Tanks but do not run annoying addons that let them know it.

I don;t use addons that announce my MD, but I have a habit of putting MD on the tank on every pull whenever MD is up. I always let the tank pull first, unless tank asked me to MD pull to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    so many "superstar" tanks in groups atm. instant queues yet the go afk straight after joining or complain all the time. id have thought a tank would be glad to have someone MDing for them. my MD announce is turned off but thats more so I can MD annoying mages on trash packs for LOLs.

I use the addon, only announcing the cast. I almost never MD unless I know the Tank is kinda bad or I just want to spam my guild run with notifications. I used to spam my old guild's tank when she was mounted before a Baleroc pull. FFFFFFFFFF(keybind)FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF "YOU ARE MOUNTED!" "YOU ARE MOUNTED!" "YOU ARE MOUNTED!" xD

Lol MD is not that bad... its the hunters who leave the pet taunt on ...

Deleted
    I have to say one thing to hunters too. Dear hunters, stop having your pet's taunt on on EVERY DUNGEON.
    It makes me doubt if you actually have lvled to 90 from 1 or you bought the account from Ebay lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    I have to say one thing to hunters too. Dear hunters, stop having your pet's taunt on on EVERY DUNGEON.
    It makes me doubt if you actually have lvled to 90 from 1 or you bought the account from Ebay lol!
    Sometimes I forget I have my turtle out instead of my Cat/wolf. Sorry, I usually see it on the first or second pull.