Thread: Dear Hunters,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    like hunters are the only ones that use announcement addons and macros?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait there is hunters that don't have two different set of pets, one for dungeons and raids, and another set for grinding and lvling..lolz Growl is easy to turn off... now with stampede, I don't know that one yet... will get there(as in I don't have MoP yet)...

As to MD, I've used it at begining of boss fights and some trash fights, otherwise I wait till the tanks gets enough aggro, but my pet still goes in. And I missed the bug that announced in chat that MD was on someone...lolz
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    like hunters are the only ones that use announcement addons and macros?
    I see so many tanks/healers/other dps with announcements towards the raid/party with their usage of cooldowns.

"Mana Tide Totem Down! 10 Seconds! 3 Minute Cooldown!"

"Shield Block Active!" "Shield Block Expired!"

"Insert punny Bloodlust line here" - lol punny

And don't forget all those DPSers that have a yell announce thing on their "all in one cooldown button."

So no, it's not just Hunters. It can be anyone, of any class, of any spec. It just seems like Hunters are more noticeable with their MD Cast announcing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Wait there is hunters that don't have two different set of pets, one for dungeons and raids, and another set for grinding and lvling..lolz Growl is easy to turn off... now with stampede, I don't know that one yet... will get there(as in I don't have MoP yet)...

As to MD, I've used it at begining of boss fights and some trash fights, otherwise I wait till the tanks gets enough aggro, but my pet still goes in. And I missed the bug that announced in chat that MD was on someone...lolz
    Solo:
    Turtle

Raid/dungeon:
    Cat
    Wolf
    Hyena
    Random Pet

If you use glyph of Stampede, which you probably should, if your current pet has Growl off, the copies will have Growl off.

I don't think there's a bug that announces in chat that MD is on someone.. It's a setting in JSHB. Won't announce anything without a macro/addon.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-10-06 at 01:08 AM.

I have all raid buff pets. And when I solo, I spec them tenacity/turn growl on. That, for me, is the biggest trouble maker for me. Oddly enough, the system is smart enough to know your autocast options that you set for your pet's tenacity/ferocity specs if the abilities are unique (IE, rabid, thunderstomp) but not for that important shared one (growl). Ideally, growl should be set to off in ferocity if I've previously turned autocast off in ferocity, but that's not the case.

and yeah, I disabled the announces in JS as well. It should be off by default, imo. I only announce CCs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Tank,

Here is your free threat so that you can keep things under moderate control and the rest of us from dying, and since the whisper when the transfer is complete is something that impairs your ability to effectively continue on I will be glad to switch the whisper to "Hey tank here's some mobs deal with it pussy!". You can thank me later.

Sincerely The ranged dps with a weapon aimed at your head.