Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yeah, he is famous. But is it worth it? Everyone now knows him as that guy with over the top reactions that spits memetic phrases every few seconds.
    I doubt he's worrying about how cynical older gamers/internet nobodies feel about him when he's making at least ~$5k a day.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    If you're going to just record games of you playing, you need to do more than just playing the game. You need to interact with the things you are doing, comment on how the game is, is it good, is it bad, etc.

Just recording and posting it is boring and wont get you views if that's what you want.

There's a youtube channel called TheRadBrad and he does record a lot of videos games, what makes him good? He's funny, he comments a lot on the games he plays, he does a lot of editing too so the viewers can have a good time. Watch a few of his video games and see how he does.

Personally, games that I would love to see on YouTube would probably be the Half Life series, all of them, or atleast the ones with the source engine, Alien vs. Predator would be nice too.

Just choose something you also like to play, don't play it if you find it boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I second this. Either Baldur's Gate I or II, or Planescape: Torment.
    While i agree on the the superiority of Baldur's Gate, i wouldn't recommend them as a go to let's play title. Way too much text, aber the game just loses a lot of it, if the text is skipped..

I dont like most Let's Plays very much. The only one i really like is raocow, who plays Super Mario World Hacks (Most of the time), because he is absolutely nuts and wicked

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yeah, he is famous. But is it worth it? Everyone now knows him as that guy with over the top reactions that spits memetic phrases every few seconds.
    Any YouTuber with enough personality will have a lot of fans and almost as many haters. This is just my opinion, but only such a "love it or hate it" personality can really stand out in YouTube today. A bland commentator which doesn't provoke any emotions (good or bad) is easily forgettable. You want to stand out by having a very defined style which is memorable and will appeal to a large group of people. But no matter how large that group is, there will always be those who feel the opposite, and that's just something you have to live with. You can't make everyone happy and trying to do so is a huge mistake, IMO.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Medieval 2 with the Stainless Steel mod, so many many hours.

Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    --YOUR Favorite PC game of all time?
    --What game would you like to see a "let's play" for?
    You're asking this question on a website dedicated to WOW...

Hmm..., dude...

PS: of course you could ask, then WTF I am doing here... Well, good question lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post

Hmm..., dude...

PS: of course you could ask, then WTF I am doing here... Well, good question lol.
    Only one person has said WoW, so your point is moot.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post

Hmm..., dude...

I have stopped playing WOW years ago and even when I was playing it regularly I didn't even consider it the "best" game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    For the last 3-5 years now I have been wanting to do a youtube channel for a "lets play" of games.
    Approaching my 30th birthday now I have come up with a formula that will set it a little apart from the plethora of other channels that are doing these kinds of video's.
    I have my HD recorders, video editors, and professional mics and I am ready to get started.

The only thing I am needing now are suggestions for my debut game.
    So I came here to the mmo-chamion community that I have been part of for years now to get some of your opinions.
    I am open to ANY PC game. Old, New, Indie, FPS, RPG, etc etc. . .

I ask you now - what is either
    --YOUR Favorite PC game of all time?
    --What game would you like to see a "let's play" for?

The only requirement is that the game has to have an "ending" so it cannot be say Minecraft unless it has a definitive moment to kill the series.

Thank you in advance community!
    My favourite PC game of all time is WoW. Although I don't play anymore It's still up there as the best PC gaming experience I've had.
    As far as what let's plays would I like to see? I really cant say. i think Let's Plays are a little overdone at this point. Name any PC title and there are 20-30 or more people doing it on youtube.

If you want to create a channel, try doing something original first and then incorporate a let's play in once you have a following. I can honestly say I wouldn't follow just a random lets play.

I've personally tried doing a retro lets play steam/youtube thing, but in the end no one really cared and I got bored managing it. I thought retro gaming might be a plus, but just like when you were a kid, no one likes watching someone play nintendo