Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you could get the random players to actually kill Ursula then the tank/healer would not get Kegged. But... get someone to actually target or kill a specific mob when it pops up is nearly impossible. Even if you mark it with a Skull.

I get what you mean with the damage, however it is not so difficult that you should whipe. Just requires some awareness on everyones part. Some tips are as follows

- dont aoe, focus corem
    - tank/melee move out of his disarm
    - tank, do not trinket the first barrel.. trinket the 2nd one.

Im in nearly 463 gear so its not as difficult anymore, and if you still cant do this to save your life. Go to AH spend about 3k gold to buy yourself 8 pieces of your armor type pvp pieces, this will give u a massive ilvl boost. Cheers!!

I tend to hop then immediately hof the tank if he gets barreled, but one dps wither aoe or single target the elite add helps with low dps on groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just tanked it with no one in the group but me doing over 18k dps and we still did it with no one dying

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to be an asshole, like most in this thread.

Yes, the boss is tougher than normal because most are undergeared. I have wiped once, and usually a dps or two dies near the end of the fight every time I do it. You probably just are unlucky and get horrible pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never participated in a Holiday boss that was greater than annoying. Not sure why people are complaining about his difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Reason why he was easily killable by undergeared/underleveled characters in the first couple days:

All of those players were uberly motivated uber players who rushed to 90, and know how to play their class.

Reasons why he is next to unkillable right now and for the prolonged future:

The casual crowd is hitting 89/90 now, and the first thing those bums are doing: they queue up for Coren and expect a loot pinhata.

Was doing him tonight as a monk tank, fully heroic geared, the fight went on for like 15 minutes, then we wiped. I was pulling every trick in the book, but it was pointless; my 40k dps as a tank didnt quite make up for the 10-20k dps the gimp dds in my group were pulling.

I also had to kill every single add myself of course, since the concept of switching to a new target in the middle of a fight is apparently to sophisticated for the mouthbreathing crowd.

Anyways, after having the tank trinket rolled away from me a couple times already by dds/healers, I gave up on it alltogether and I'm farming heroic trinkets until Blizzard pulls their head out of their ass and gives the entire thing an appropriate ilvl req.

Deleted
    Have downed that boss 5-6 times and never wiped. Just spam nuke boss, loot, leave.

But I guess if you had 3 dps doing 15k dps it would be hard...

The numbers aren't difficult; the mechanics apparently are. Without the tank getting barreled, I have no idea what kind of dog group could wipe on this fight. Tank getting barreled and losing aggro on everything? Very difficult to heal even using all your cooldowns. I guess it's really on the dps to kill Ursula and/or some of those adds, but it seems the dps is worse every day as more and more rat players make it to 89/90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Yes because I can magically make the other 4 people in the group fail. So far no one has even done over 25k DPS. How is that my fault? Because I cant make the rest of the group play right thats my fault and makes me bad? Where do you come up with that retard logic

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 09:02 PM ----------

Cause I can control what I get from LFD.

You could make a premade group or go with your guildies. I mean, if you've been that unlucky, clearly it must be worth it to gather your own group.

The only thing challenging about Coren are the Brewmaiden looking chicks that cause the Barreled debuff, especially if they hit the tank with one. DPS just need to learn to switch and kill them, or do better aoe.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    I healed it fine... but tanks get barreled EVERY SINGLE TIME....
    Drink your brew people! it's free booze >_<

Tanks just don't like to drink I guess... It has gotten to the point that I plan ahead and put Ironbark on whoever is next in threat.
    The only things Coren can do are melee attack and Direbrew Disarm. Barreled is caused by Ursula Direbrew can't be dodged/blocked/parried, causing a disorient for 8 seconds. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't also a threat wipe during it. Then there's the stun for 4 seconds if you don't drink your booze, but both girls can do that and no threat wipe from this.

Speaking of drinking, has anyone else noticed that Coren's level decreases to 91 for a few seconds after drinking the booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Cashten View Post
    I've downed him every time I did him. All you need is a good group. Alot of people get queued with lvl 89s, that makes it rather tough but still not impossible. My gear ilvl is 446.
    Pretty much this. I'm a tank and I did it at 89 trying to get the trinkets. I haven't wiped on any toon, at anytime being in there.

only time theres a wipe issue is when tank or healer doesnt drink the booze thrown at them, and in my case, i just had to dark apoth and tank it myself as a lock

10+ Year Old Account
    either you tanks or healers don't understand their abilities, I have tanked him probably about 12 times this week with no wipes and most of the time I was in some greens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap are you kidding? It sure can't be truth.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Speaking of drinking, has anyone else noticed that Coren's level decreases to 91 for a few seconds after drinking the booze?
    Its always been that way when your character gets drunk

Deleted
    Fight is a bit longer when you have 89's in group but seriously, to say that holiday boss is too hard? Can't really think what's next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Seriously this guy is a rape machine. Tried him around 20 times I think the best we did was 15%. Expansion hasnt even been out a week yes does Blizzard expect us all to be in full Heroic and rep gear already? Tanks are dieing because they dont have the gear and are running the healers OOM. DPS are dieing cause healers are forced to spam heal the tank and cant waste time to cast a heal on them or the tank drops too much. Healers are going OOM cause DPS cant down him fast enough and because they have to spam heal the tank because he isnt geared enough. Normally Im not a "OMG nerf this its too hard" person but this shit is just ridiculous.
    I got a group with 4 lvl 89's and we cleared it 5 times without breaks, you are clearly failing.

Not a single wipe. Did it every day since BF started.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

He's easily harder than any other heroic boss in MoP. If you don't burn the adds down they start combining for ridiculous amounts of tank damage. But he's still easy.

It can cause problems if a barrel hits a healer of a tank in a group where everyone is very under geared. Which I assume was happening with you.