Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for symbiosis chart

Trying to figure out what spells I give/receive depending on what class and spec I give symbiosis too. Is there a chart or website where I can find this?

Thank you!

charts niot accurate, as windwalker monk i gain bearhug

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr View Post
    charts niot accurate, as windwalker monk i gain bearhug
    Here you go.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Moonkin, only mages are worth casting Symbiosis on, as you get Mirror Image.
    As Bear, DK and Paladin are good choices and Shaman a strong 3rd..
    All other classes, is a waste of 6 sec cast..

No idea for cats and resto..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    As a Moonkin, only mages are worth casting Symbiosis on, as you get Mirror Image.
    For bear, monk is quite good too, giving 10% dodge for 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Magania View Post
    Yeah, I foresee a lot of Guardian druids giving the second tank Symbiosis in raids, each giving the other an extra survival cooldown. Monks definitely could use it, we only really have the one major survival cooldown. (lots of active mitigation things though!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magania View Post
    The CD is too long to be usefull, when it's only 10%..
    10% extra dodge isn't anything a healer would notice, and it's too little matter, when ou have to dodge big blows (e.g. Baleroc).

15+ Year Old Account

you do know its not just about you . But I agree alot of the things you get on either side is abit meh.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    you do know its not just about you . But I agree alot of the things you get on either side is abit meh.
    It IS about me.. Personally, I don't care, what the other player gets, it's all aout what I get, and e.g. as Moonkin, I don't get anything I need, from anyone, except Mages..

15+ Year Old Account
    It IS about me.. Personally, I don't care, what the other player gets, it's all aout what I get, and e.g. as Moonkin, I don't get anything I need, from anyone, except Mages..
    Having checked the list I do have to revise my statement there. It seems to have been made with what the druid gets first, and then rushed through what the others get.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

The CD is too long to be usefull, when it's only 10%..
    10% extra dodge isn't anything a healer would notice, and it's too little matter, when ou have to dodge big blows (e.g. Baleroc).
    You may not notice directly, but if you look at the logs after a fight then the difference will be there. Essentially it's not something to rely on to survive, but it'll reduce overall damage taken across the entire fight. 10% dodge really isn't something to turn your nose up at.

The problem with Symbiosis is you can't make any one ability too good, or else it'll become mandatory to cast it on a single class (see: Dark Intent, where it went to 1-2 classes/specs at most, with a lot never seeing it). They need to be in that nice area of a useful boost, but not game-changing. A tricky balance to get right.

But yeah... 10% dodge is quite nice. And the Monk gets a really nice buff too, so it works out well.

10+ Year Old Account
    10% dodge for 8sec per minute -> 1,33% overall, if you manage to chain-CD it..
    You can easily get 1,33% more dodge by swapping weapon or trinkets, like most tanks already do.

If you compare to e.g. DK, then you are guarantied 3x10% damage reduction (on same CD), which is significant when takig big hits, e.g. Baleroc, Madness-Tentacle, Ultraxion etc.

Dodge is nice, yes.. I was fun to dodge all 3 attacks in a row from Baleroc, and have healers complain about building stacks, when they don't need them, but +10% wouldn't have mattered much.

The proble is, you can't really measure RNG.. Sometimes it favors you, other times, it rapes you. DK cooldown is a flat reduction, Monk CD is a lottery ticket.

Ahh yeah, I'm not really comparing it to other classes. Just thinking about the benefit to each class.

That said, if you're in a 10 man you're probably not going to get much choice at any rate. There's only going to be one other tank, so you get what you're given really. I mean, you could put it on a DPS DK to get the cooldown you desire, but then that's only 1 tank getting extra survivability, not both. Overall the raid would probably benefit more if you gave Symbiosis to your Monk tank, rather than your DPS DK (in my theoretical raid composition).

I dunno. I guess it's something you figure out on a raid by raid basis, or even a boss by boss basis!

The mirror images drop threat and target, like they do for the mage right? I hope so, because it's actually a dps loss to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    MI never dropped threat.. It only removes you from threat list, during the spell, however Druid version doesn't do this.

Also, how can one GCD be a dps loss? It's like an extra Starfall on a longer CD..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2012-10-01 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted

everything is not about pve

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an addon on curse that is pretty awesome. Even.whispers you target to tell them what they have. Called "symbiosis"
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

15+ Year Old Account

Moonkin for pvp everyone of the is usefull expect a hunters misdirection.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose