The 3 type of Adds?

Ok so basically there are these 3 type of adds

First, the Normal adds, which advertise an item or a show or whatever.

Second, the adds that tells you to do something so you click ex. "Click the GREEN Buttin!" or there is a football and a foot you have to shoot.

Third, the bullshit adds that are so bullshit nobody can ever believe ex. "I made a 10000$ for working 2hours a day home" like, if it was so easy anyone could fruggin do it.

So i want to know whats your view on these adds?

Personally i tottaly agree with the first type of adds, if have something cool and you want to advertise it that's totally OK, but i think the other two are complete horseshit and i cant explain to myself who pays to have these adds up? because you have to pay for it. Heres what made me make this thread, a new add that comes on Chrome at least and is on all websites, a highlighted word and when you mouse over it it shows you the add. Print below right how i write this.

The picture says "Win the new iPhone 5" which is complete bullshit.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd and 3rd type of adds is what making me using adblock.
    I understand that many sites need to be funded through advertisement but as long as you, as a site owner, don't care about filtering your adds i don't care supporting you.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-10-01 at 08:56 AM.

Ignore them and let stupid people be stupid.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Yes but, people actually PAY for these adds to be up! Who does that really.
    That guy (>'.')>

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Because we live in a world where there are Youtube commenters. Plenty of retards out there.

(It's ads btw, one d)
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deepsidedj, you might want to read this about text-enhance.

I don't mind ads on sites. Considering we make use of their services for free, they need to make the money somehow to keep the servers running.
    However some ads should be banned, like autoplaying ads with sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Deepsidedj, you might want to read this about text-enhance.

I don't mind ads on sites. Considering we make use of their services for free, they need to make the money somehow to keep the servers running.
    However some ads should be banned, like autoplaying ads with sound.
    Its a natrual selection thing.
    -ad with autosound plays
    -you dislike that, stop visiting website
    -website loses viewers
    -ad gets less clicks
    -ad slowly phases out of the pool

autoplaying adds used to be everywhere, but they HAVE dwindled a lot.
    I agree with OP though, Advertise your product, sell it on its worthiness. Don't harass me to buy it.

Deleted
    I use adblock not to get annoyed.
    Cant stand the ad's that expands over half the page and you have to close it to be able to see the website.

Deleted
    any adds which
    A - Play sound
    B - Play Video
    C - Cover any part of the website I am viewing.
    D - Pop Under
    E - Open new windows
    F - All of the above

Any combination of the above are far too intrusive, and only result in people using the likes of addblock and no script.
    Yes I understand that the adds generate revenue for the sites involved, However when these adds block the site I am viewing then I am forced to use blockers to get rid of them.

Anyway who believes you can get an Iphone for a few clicks, or earn thousands a day from a simple click. I dont see it as a add blocker, I see it as a Bullshit blocker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    This isn't true for all adds but some of them, especially the bull shit ones, aren't bullshit in the way they seem. For example, a gold farmer type company can pay to put up adds on MMO sites that say things like "You just won $10000 congratulations!" and that add will be put there to take advantage of a flaw in Javas security, so if your Java or flash aren't fully up to date, that add just being there will give you a keylogger so next time you log on you'll lose your account. (assuming no Authenticator)

I assume other adds that are that bullshit do similar things like that. You don't actually have to click them to get the virus.

O.T
    There is a 4th kind of add, and the entire reason I use adblock are auto play video ads on youtube. Specifically youtube because the auto play ads on other sites didn't bother me so much, just find the mute button and problem solved. But the ones on youtube(not talking about pre-play ads here, these ones are usually somewhere in the suggested video list to the side) are set to max volume which for some reason is louder than youtubes max volume. As a result they hurt my ears. I think ads that actually inflict pain are going a bit too far!
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-10-01 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    any adds which
    A - Play sound
    B - Play Video
    C - Cover any part of the website I am viewing.
    D - Pop Under
    E - Open new windows
    F - All of the above

Any combination of the above are far too intrusive, and only result in people using the likes of addblock and no script.
    Yes I understand that the adds generate revenue for the sites involved, However when these adds block the site I am viewing then I am forced to use blockers to get rid of them.

Anyway who believes you can get an Iphone for a few clicks, or earn thousands a day from a simple click. I dont see it as a add blocker, I see it as a Bullshit blocker.
    QFT. I don't mind adds if they are unobtrusive. I'll click on them if it's for something I dig even. With that said any of the above is not cool. Any add that requires action on my part to return to what i was doing makes that add lose credibility instantly.

The first one on your list is number one. Adds or even websites with sound are an automatic loss. I can't stand websites that think it's cool to play me their shitty nickelback mucis when I link to them. Not cool. I am NOT impressed by your leet html skills...I am offended by your shitty music.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    This isn't true for all adds but some of them, especially the bull shit ones, aren't bullshit in the way they seem. For example, a gold farmer type company can pay to put up adds on MMO sites that say things like "You just won $10000 congratulations!" and that add will be put there to take advantage of a flaw in Javas security, so if your Java or flash aren't fully up to date, that add just being there will give you a keylogger so next time you log on you'll lose your account. (assuming no Authenticator)

I assume other adds that are that bullshit do similar things like that. You don't actually have to click them to get the virus.

O.T
    There is a 4th kind of add, and the entire reason I use adblock are auto play video ads on youtube. Specifically youtube because the auto play ads on other sites didn't bother me so much, just find the mute button and problem solved. But the ones on youtube(not talking about pre-play ads here, these ones are usually somewhere in the suggested video list to the side) are set to max volume which for some reason is louder than youtubes max volume. As a result they hurt my ears. I think ads that actually inflict pain are going a bit too far!
    Hey i need more info about the keylogger thing because i get one every two or three days. I have norton which announces me it and it removes it everytime but i cant get rid of it permanently. Norton tags it as a cookie tracker

About the 4th type of ad, that depends of where your IP is from and i never get them. As i'm from Norway and i have a norwegian internet i get norwegian ads which are complete crap. 95% of them are COMPLETE bullshit "Click here and win iphone!" or "Do this and win iPad2" its soooo annoying because it's all bullshit.
    That guy (>'.')>

We don't serve this kind of ads, you probably have a spyware somewhere. (I double checked with our ads guys to be sure)

We have a very strict policy on ads to be honest, if people actually report bad ads they will be taken care of pretty fast.

Deleted
    I have never really been annoyed by ads until Youtube started putting longer and longer ads before videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I did not know this! Thank god it tells me when there is an update avaliable for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marg View Post
    I have never really been annoyed by ads until Youtube started putting longer and longer ads before videos.
    Does youtube have ads before videos?
    Didn't know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Devil invented adds on a bad day..

Companies are led to believemthat adds work, if you have more than the competition. However, on a macro economical level, adds increase prices by an average of 5%, which the consumer is forced to pay, which means they can purchase 5% less goods, which gives a bad economy..
    The only ones reaping benefits from adds, are the marketing firms..

BAN ALL ADDS!!!

I totally came in here thinking you meant adds, as in, adds from MMOs like wow. Soon realized you mean ads as in advertisements. :/