Mosh Pit achievement broken/bugged.

This is pissing me the fuck off.

We just failed the achievement yet again through single queueing the instance, even though the raidachievement addon says we completed it. We even went on wowhead to see it says you can get 4 and then another 4 caught in another whirlwhind. Guess what? We even did that too, and didn't get the achievement,

Who knows how to get this? Seriously, if you have done it normally please post here.

Deleted
    Got it by accident. Everyone stayed out, then a few got caught accidentally in the last one. Caught adds in it throughout of course.

The achievement is not really clear on what you have to do.
    You have to have 8 inside one whirlwind. the best way to do this is start the boss on the the opposite side from the door, when he spins the first time you drag the adds down to the middle on the oppsite stair hes taking up. 2 adds spawn as hes spinning around. you will loose these 2.
    When hes done spinning, you can run to the door, and wait there until hes spinning the next time, you should have 8 adds alive by now.
    wait for him to get closer. and then jump into the pit, so he can soak up all the adds, and you kill the boss.
    You have to be alive to get the achievement.

Deleted
    Worked fine every time for my groups so far, we just had the 4 adds, then 4 players get caught in the first spin, with cds up etc so we wouldnt die. Only one i've found buggy so far is the Ook-Ook bucket one.

Also, to make it easier for your healer, have the dps nuke down the adds until they loose their armor.
    Healers generate alot of aggro on them.
    and do the achievement before the boss goes under 50% hp, after that we will gain stacks of enrage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphion View Post
    You have to have 8 inside one whirlwind. the best way to do this is start the boss on the the opposite side from the door, when he spins the first time you drag the adds down to the middle on the oppsite stair hes taking up. 2 adds spawn as hes spinning around. you will loose these 2.
    When hes done spinning, you can run to the door, and wait there until hes spinning the next time, you should have 8 adds alive by now.
    wait for him to get closer. and then jump into the pit, so he can soak up all the adds, and you kill the boss.
    Confirming this.

We did it this way, but one add died so we had 7 and a rogue decided to "sacrifice" himself so we could get the achievement, he jumped inside and died. All of us got the achievement except him.

Seemed to work just fine for us killing the naked adds occasionally. That way we didn't get overrun by adds(wiped the attempt before that because we just left everything alive and got them into the Whirlwind every time. But because we were being clever, we didn't actually DPS the boss) and still got the achievement.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It didn't work for us a few times despite getting over 8 adds caught up over multiple phases. Have gotten it twice since and the only thing that I noticed that changed was that we had one player get caught in by accident. Could be a coincidence but I would say you only get the achievement if you have at least one player caught up as well (not just 8 NPCs). This is probably supported by the text of the achievement - "a combination of".

Deleted
    Step 1 tank the boss at the top of the stars by the door you enter.
    Step 2 dont kill any adds (leaving you with a total of 4 adds alive.
    Step 3 walk down one side of the ramp (the oppisit side of his path so when he comes down he takes you)
    Step 4 everyone but healer stay out so your healers can heal you
    Step 4(b) Use a personal cd while inside
    Step 5 kill boss.

do it with 2 tanks its faceroll ^^

1 tank boss
    1 tank 6 adds
    nuke boss
    lets the whole group fail and die
    tank finishes boss
    profit

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    do it with 2 tanks its faceroll ^^

1 tank boss
    1 tank 6 adds
    nuke boss
    lets the whole group fail and die
    tank finishes boss
    profit
    too bad you have to be alive to get the achievement unless this was hotfixed. we had to do it 3 times to get our whole group the cheevo. and a shadow priest tank for the adds works just fine. VE too stronk.

Deleted
    WRONG.

First of all, blades of light can only pick up 6 targets.
    Secondly, they have to die in the process.

is piss easy.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is wrong. I got this achievement on my first try and I had 4 ppl inside the wirlwind each time. We got more than 8 in total though...probably closer to 10-12 adds and my group got the achievement.