Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    At the moment I am running with Clockwork Robot (9), Core Hound pup (10) and just started levelling my Proto Drake Whelp (5) as a third pet since I didnt like my Coral Snake

Clockwork Robot is a boss. Very strong damage pet with DoT, strong single target attack and the sticky grenade is a game changer if used strategically. The passive is awesome to because he comes back to life when killed which has actually helped me win a few PvP battles.

Core Hound Pup is amazing! Insane damage and combined with his Howl that makes the enemy take 100% more damage for 2 rounds it is just crazy. Hit enemy pets for nearly three quarters of their health at times and he is actually quite tanky.

Proto Drake Whelp is my newest edition to my team because I wanted a good pet that could fly. He has pretty awesome damage, can fly to avoid the next attack and has a pretty big heal that he unlocks at level 15 so overall I am pretty happy with my team.

Brilliant Kalari, it has an attack which insta kills targets below 25%, it's very VERY fast, good attack, has an attack which hits atleast twice (can proc a 3rd randomly) if it goes first which synergisis with it's speed, damage reduction ability too, overall it's amazing.

Personal World Destroyer
    Spawn of Onyxia(rare)
    Lil Ragnaros/Frosty/Soul of The Aspects/Pandaren Monk

Usually my core group with my choosing for the last slot. I considered a critter but with people stacking beast(annoying af btw) my destroyer usually laters in work early. I do have Mr.Chilly leveled up too incase someone tries to counter my destroyer. I keep an assortment of pets around the same level i think i have 7-8 level 10 incase i decide to change my mind on group makeup. The different skills at 10 make a huge difference.. i can imagine 15.

mechanical pandaren dragon..beast.
    Last edited by Rawfury; 2012-10-05 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my team: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Druscilla/pet
    Malayan is a wildcard. He gets switched depending on situation.
    Scorpid's rampage is brutal. It literally 1 hits critters, sometimes 2 hits depending on HP.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Deleted
    Ony Whelp - She's a proper little beast. Huge self heal, Deep Breath hits like a truck, and so slow that always going second for Tail Swipe

Clockwork gnome - Still overpowered, if not quite as before. Turret + Repair = nomnomnom

last slot....is currently being decided apon. I have my Baby Blizzard Bear at level 25, but i really don't want him in the team anymore, I just can't decide what to change him for

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal World Destroyer, Fel Flame and Pint Sized Pink Pachderm.

Needs one more battle for FF then all are 25.

Going to level up some rares/old rare pets once I have collected all the pets I currentley can.

Deleted
    Clockwork Rocket Bot, Nether Ray Fry and Kirin Tor Familiar at the moment.

Not having any trouble so far but it's still early days, only level 8 or so for most of them.

the first team im working on is chuck/crawling claw/celestial dragon they are all 16. next team im working on is dark phoenix hatchling/mr grubbs/clockwork gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Gregarious Grell and Lil'KT and they're an awesome team. I'm still not sure which one to use on the 2rd slot..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i lvl my pets like this (i have already 3x lvl 25 pets)

You need 1X cat (i am using http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97638#comments) with http://www.wowhead.com/petability=538 and http://www.wowhead.com/petability=429 as a ability.

Go to dalaran and down too the forest-- you will always meet 3x lvl 20 (max 21) critter packs.
    DO 1 attack on the pet you are lvling (undead will maybe have a little problem) then switch to your beast type pet and pwn the critters. You will get araund 500xp per fight and your pet will lvl at super speed (araund 30 min from lvl 1 to a lvl 20).

As for lvling 20-25 you need too find a zone where you can 2 shot pets with your lvling pet.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Pandaren Monk is pretty badass. Nice defense, so it can "tank" dangerous attacks instead of other pets, good speed, and kickass abilities (specially once lvl10). Double damage + stun (eventually) + belly does tremendous damage on almost any pet.
    Onyxian Whelpling is nice too.
    Currently playing with these two and a Mini-KT, but I think i'll change the latter for a clockwork gnome soon.

Just finished my Tamer title and ended up with these 3 pets:
    Magical Crawdad
    Sprite Darter Hatching
    Phoenix Hatchling

A good mix of survivability, heal and damage that worked well from 1-25.
    After I got my 20 spell on Magical Crawdad it made everything so easy ^^

Deleted
    There are only two pet species that fall out of the scheme. Critters and Mechanical.

There is no pet species that does +50% damage to Critters by nature.
    But there are two species that do +50% damage to Mechanical by nature (Elemental and Beast).

On the other hand:
    There is no special ability that does +50% bonus damage vs. Mechanical.
    But both Beast and Undead special abilities do +50% bonus damage against Critters.

That makes Critters and Mechanical intersting pet choices. I would combine that with a beast that has a lot of beast attacks.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-10-08 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    There are only two pet species that fall out of the scheme. Critters and Mechanical.

There is no pet species that does +50% damage to Critters by nature.
    But there are two species that do +50% damage to Mechanical by nature (Elemental and Beast).

On the other hand:
    There is no special ability that does +50% bonus damage vs. Mechanical.
    But both Beast and Undead special abilities do +50% bonus damage against Critters.

That makes Critters and Mechanical intersting pet choices. I would combine that with a beast that has a lot of beast attacks.
    No, as far as I know there's perfect symmetry.

No pet does extra damage to any other pet by virtue of belonging to a certain school. All abilities have a certain classification (critter damage, beast damage, elemental damage, etc.). Beast damage is increased by 50% against critters, elemental damage is increased by 50% against mechanicals and so forth. Always strong against one, weak against one, and every school has a weakness against one and only one other school.

Deleted
    this should be "which battle pet = Pikachu"

10+ Year Old Account
    If this mini game ever gets Tiers (like pokemon's Uber, Overused, Underused, etc) then

Celestial Dragon, Fossilized Hatchling, Clockwork gnome and those Damn Bears will be top tier pets, because of the drakes stacking Ancient Blessing - http://www.wowhead.com/petability=611, With bears with Hibernate - http://www.wowhead.com/petability=247.

I Lost my first few PVP Pet battle against Teams of

Celestial Dragon, Fossilized Hatchling, and Pterrordax Hatchling because of how high they buffed there HP. 3 stacks was almost + 700 HP at level 15
    Some Damn Bear, Celestial Dragon and Clockwork gnome (fuck Build Turret - http://www.wowhead.com/petability=710 and Repair - http://www.wowhead.com/petability=278)

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

My current primary team is:

Azure Whelpling, dragonkin, named Aregos
    Mini Thor, mechanical, named Tychus
    Scalded Basilisk Hatchling, beast, named Basil.

Basically Tychus destroys all beasts and Basil destroys all critters, which takes care of 90% of pets out in the wild. Aregos will 2 shot anything his level thanks to the power blast ability (or whatever its called).

I started out levelling my Kirin Tor Familiar, because I really like the look of the met (and my main is a mage), but It's really weak against many mobs, and it's abilities are not that exciting.

Deleted
    I didn't realise there was this much theorycrafting behind pet battles. Damn.

Any tips?

Are my main three pets bad?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ther/Felir/pet

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    My Azure Whelpling is wrecking faces at the moment. It has a move I affectionately call 'Nuke From Orbit'. Deals mega damage, likely one shots most stuff. You better hope it does too, because if it doesn't then it needs to recover for 2 turns afterward.
    Yep, Surge of Power is definitely the Hyper Beam of the Pet Battle System. It just so happens that Malygos also uses the Surge of Power ability in his fight during Phase 3, which I find pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by north99 View Post
    this should be "which battle pet = Pikachu"
    Except that Pikachu sucks. Big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I didn't realise there was this much theorycrafting behind pet battles. Damn.

Any tips?

Are my main three pets bad?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ther/Felir/pet
    It rocks because of your monkey's name.

Currently I'm going with Elementium Geode (9) as a kamikaze thing. It has a move which makes its next attack do double damage, but also damages itself. On top of that it has another move which does insane damage, but also damages yourself. So you can pretty much 1 shot another pet but taking off half of your own HP.

I'm also using Emerald Whelpling (10) which is pretty good because it has Tranquility, and overall Moonfire and Claw does some decent damage. It keeps up very nicely, and is nigh to impossible to take down due to its self heal.

I also use an Azure Whelpling (9), which is epic for the reason I discussed above.

I'm planning on getting Lil Ragnaros soon, when I get that I'll have a Molten Core team assembled. Searing Scorchling as Lil Geddon, Core Hound Pup as Lil Magmadar and Lil Ragnaros as... well, Lil Ragnaros.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-10-09 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    The diagram is wrong. The pet battle is split into two parts.
    1) Abilities of a specific species type being good ore bad against the current species
    2) The species itself having bonus or malus against another species by nature

You can have a magic pet with alot of "flying abilities" for example.

Here is my diagram. Values are taken from the http://www.petbattlearena.com/ tooltips.

As you can see there are no attacks with bonus damage against Mechanical (Robot).

Additonally there is no species in the game with innate 50% bonus damage against Critters. That makes critters damn good pets because they are only affected by beast attacks but never by 50% bonus damage from any other species.

You need beast or undead abilities to beat critters.
    You need to be an elemental or a beast to beat Robots.

Interesting is that beasts and robots counter each other on innate damage bonus. On the other hand: Elementals are the complete counter to robots.

That makes robots actually one of the strongest competitors especially if you can get a robot with critter and aquatic abilities to counter their weaknesses.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-10-09 at 04:06 PM.