Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can anyone recommend a good team purely for leveling? I started out with Terrible Turnip, Grunty, and Onyxian Whlelping and it's been like pulling teeth trying to level them against all the critter/beast wild mobs. I wanted to level the Turnip first for easy capturing but now I'm thinking it would probably be best to just make a different team focused purely on fast leveling vs. wild pets and then once I get them to 25, power level the Turnip since it seems like it's impossible to level anything fast without getting at least 1 pet to level 25 first. I have access to just about all the non-wild pets minus a lot of the CE/Special Event pets. I'd also prefer to use naturally rare pets vs. uncommons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbodan View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good team purely for leveling?
    Favourite little secret....Crabs!

My sexy little Spirit Crab (Ghostlands) is an amazing pet. Shield defences, claw hits HARD (or can be replaced with a team damage buff) and Surge means when you need to go first, you can!

However

If you're really struggling with leveling though, may I suggest this little tip:

Get 1 pet to level 25 (Ony Whelp is PERFECT for this!!) And take the pet you want to level to Dragonblight with your Whelp. Just to the right of Wyrmrest is the spawn spot for Dragonbone Hatchling's (level 18, spawns with 2 other pets) A level 25 Ony Whelp can easily kill it and both the pets with it, and they spawn in decent enough numbers to make it a really quick "grind" (And so close to the Wyrmrest stable master for quick healing)

Start with the pet you want to level and get 1 attack in. After that, swap to Ony and whack them all down. Rinse repeat 1-2 per level right up to level 18-20.

Really great way to speed level pets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    Been fooling around with the Ghostly Skull (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=29147). It's not even a rare pet, but has an unique ability called "Unholy Ascension" - sacrifice yourself and slap a +50% damage taken debuff for all enemy pets for nine turns. Since undead pets always resurrect back as immortal for one turn, you're practically always guaranteed to land the debuff even after your skull dies. Then you bring in your heavy hitters ^^

(I've just been pounding the Darkmoon Faire pet tamer with this little debuff, haven't had the time to try it out in pvp matches)
    They nerfed Unholy Ascension to 25%

Deleted
    Mini Tyrael is 100% overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal Bear Cub is fantastic. Hibernate is OP.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    havent rly played pet battles that much.. but my warbot kills stuff =O http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s=is-collected
    if any1 have any suggestions for better pets then please do tell

Deleted
    When I was leveling pet to 25 lvl, i was using Celestial Dragon;d i didnt have any problem with leveling, on 22lvl i could solo kill group 3x25 on pandaria(too with rare)
    Sry for my english ;d Now im powerlvl Kel'Thuzad +Fel Flame ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    My Azure Whelpling is wrecking faces at the moment. It has a move I affectionately call 'Nuke From Orbit'. Deals mega damage, likely one shots most stuff. You better hope it does too, because if it doesn't then it needs to recover for 2 turns afterward.
    Lil Tarecgosa has the same lineup. She wrecks stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    After readying all these nice forms of leveling new pets I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong. I've been leveling my Darkmoon Faire (I think very quickly), in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. I just pull the lil eyeball out, swap it off and faceroll w/e random critter I found with my other two 25s. I got my Darmoon Eye (name's Loc Nar :]) to 14 in a few minutes doing that.

I leveled with a Crab, a Spider, and Sprite darter hatchling. I didn't have much trouble at all. The crab alone is a monster if you can get one with a decent attack score. Higher heals, larger shields, and the weakness of surge is overcome somewhat. Spiders are devastating at any stat score, web>leech>repeat til the opponent is dead (or you get to level 20, where it becomes brittle web>leech>spit>leech>repeat) however they are probably the single most boring pet to play. Sprite darter with it's naturally good speed and dodge make a fantastic combo, but arcane blast doesn't hit very hard and takes awhile to build, Moonfire is fantastic damage but the weather can sometimes work against you.

PvE picks I've taken a liking too:
    Emperor Crab - best attack score of the bunch. Healing wave heals for more over time than Wish (cant heal other pets though.) For leveling any crab will do.
    Emerald Proto-drake - with a good attack score this one is unstoppable: Emerald Bite, Emerald Shield, Emerald Dream. And you thought bears were nasty? For leveling, Emerald Whelpling has the same abilities but a lower attack.
    Harbinger of Flame - Humanoid (so heals), and the fantastic elemental conflag combo with a high attack. Also Impale (I used a brilliant kaliri before this.)
    Onyxian Whelpling - There's a reason this one is popular, high attack and good assortment of abilities.
    Hopling (or the orange version from the achievement) - Humanoid, good speed means best use of tongue lash, dot to boot, interrupt can buy you time.
    Sprite Darter, Nether Faerie - High speed and dodge can make challenging trainers (Earth Pandaren Spirit) amazingly easy when you learn their patterns. If you go first, your essentially dodging for 2 rounds.
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2012-12-07 at 07:50 PM.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    After readying all these nice forms of leveling new pets I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong. I've been leveling my Darkmoon Faire (I think very quickly), in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. I just pull the lil eyeball out, swap it off and faceroll w/e random critter I found with my other two 25s. I got my Darmoon Eye (name's Loc Nar :]) to 14 in a few minutes doing that.
    I do the same. But i lvl my pets under dalaran. Only easy criters to kill with my beast pet there.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Baby Blizzard Bear, takes out two 25 pets regardless of family and manages to take off half of the third pet's hp - can be really tanky while managing to take them out, even more crazy when I upgraded it to Rare quality.

Currently leveling the Fluxfire Feline because from what I've heard, it can one-shot and sometimes crit well over 1k when using it's abilities right.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-12-07 at 07:53 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    See, I started by making a team that LOOKED good... and I'm finding that I really should have put some thought into it and made a team that worked well together. Currently running a Celestial Dragon (level 25), Feline Familiar (level 24) and Kirin Tor Familiar (level 23). Does great against some things (that Feline Familiar wrecks critters, and the Celestial Dragon is just all around awesome)... but other teams - notably mechanical - are very, very hard.

Sadly, I haven't had as much time for pet battling as I'd like yet... some time!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're having trouble with "tanky" pets, get a burster to your team with a +100-150% damage buff, such as Prowl, Supercharge or Inner Vision. Preferably one that would have some sort of synergy with the rest of your team's abilities or at least type.

terrible turnip!!!!

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:11 PM ----------

but yes Mini Tyreal is definitely overpowered lol. but amazing

Deleted
    A snail (Scooter the snail, Rapana Whelk) are very strong pets when used in the correct places.
    An example would be the burning pandaren spirit. His fire elemental pet use Conflagrate, the DOT effect is COMPLETELY blocked by the snails shield (Reduces each damaging attack by 74 damage). On his other pet, the insect, the shield completely blocks one of its DOT effects and its ramapage type ability (The same ability critters use, where it's 3 rapid attacks in one turn for three turns). The only damage you can take is from the 6% life per turn debuff.
    Not only does it have a shield, but it also has a move which damages the enemy and heals you for the same amount (Around 150 damage at 25) which can be very helpful to sustain while waiting for your bigger nuke (Which is headbutt or dive).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naihanchi View Post
    but yes Mini Tyreal is definitely overpowered lol. but amazing
    Wait.... what? Mini Tyreal is just a blue Peddlefeet and it is absolute garbage.

Anyways you should level fluxfire feline it will 1 shot anything under 1800 hp as long as they dont take less dmg from mechanical attacks. Terrible Turnip for catching wild pets. Flayer Youngling because it is a really good pet against both dragonkins and critters and Effervescent fly for taking out aquatic pets.

Deleted
    The pet from twins in AQ, Anubashi or w/e, is seriously OP. Reflection spell is mental.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Baby Blizzard Bear, takes out two 25 pets regardless of family and manages to take off half of the third pet's hp - can be really tanky while managing to take them out, even more crazy when I upgraded it to Rare quality.

Currently leveling the Fluxfire Feline because from what I've heard, it can one-shot and sometimes crit well over 1k when using it's abilities right.
    I got crit 2k with it, and it wasn't even a pet weak to mechanical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexedlol View Post
    I got crit 2k with it, and it wasn't even a pet weak to mechanical.

This is the Fluxfire I'm leveling, it's funny because it's "Common" quality and that pet was Uncommon and it had 2 more levels on me. I'm now 25 critting that much on anything, weak or strong and I have yet to upgrade it to "Uncommon" quality, which I will be soon. I fear it will be nerfed soon enough because being able to one-shot the entire team is overpowered so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-12-09 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    I have been using the fluxfire a bit more, and it might nerfed... or not. The thing is that it doesn't have too much health, and 0 defenses. Most of the time you kill the opposite pet after the auto-res kicks in, or just before it, since you need 3 turns to execute the combo. It is a bit of suicide pet, though I'm thinking of putting it with a sunflower for the +50% health +25% healing and a backline healer pet, using the others to tank and heal and the fluxfire to kill, and see how it fares. It certainly doesn't need anything to boost its attacks.