Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will never lose a fight if you have a celestial dragon and some type of crab. Bats are also good and can hit very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/rirf50.jpg[IMG]

This is the Fluxfire I'm leveling, it's funny because it's "Common" quality and that pet was Uncommon and it had 2 more levels on me. I'm now 25 critting that much on anything, weak or strong and I have yet to upgrade it to "Uncommon" quality, which I will be soon. I fear it will be nerfed soon enough because being able to one-shot the entire team is overpowered so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
    Now I know what to use my next stone on.

I enjoy restless shadeling/disgusting oozeling combo atm. Plagued blood is ridiculously good when combined with the debuff the ooze puts out, I typically end fights with full health.

Yeah anything good against critters is great while leveling, the game was originally designed with critters in each zone so the majority of pet battles have critters in them. If they'd designed WoW with pet battles in mind from the start there'd probably be a better distribution. But be careful, I don't think you want to get your team to level 25 with nothing but Beasts! For one thing there's an achievement for one of every family...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    To be honest I think the best pet to level up is the Celestial Dragon, I pretty much use it for every daily fight there is and the big health pool and the large heal totally owns, it's an awesome third pet that I don't think I ever change. Other then him I have, to rotate, a Pandaren Monk, Temple Snake, Aqua Strider, Phoenix Hatchling and Restless Shadeling. There is no daily I can't take care with ease.
    Not to mention he acts like he has ADHD and flies all over the place if you have it summon, 100% best pet.

Lil ragnaros Burning Conflag / Sons of Flame LOL FREE Kill = win

Onyxia anniversary VERY slow perfect for huge tail whip damage and scorched earth for Ragnaros,

3rd majodomo pet from MC for another conflag burst pet with rag+ ony or little XT. Because heart + tantrem combo can nuke an entire pet teams hp to 50% before you kill him off.

Alot of people vote celestial dragon. Good for leveling but gets curbstomped at max level pet battling. Especially by power combos

alternate group is darkwhelp and Pandaren monk.

Call darkness with whelp and wreck the team with the monk, spectral skull or kitten in there for a darkness status power pet. unholy Ascension from skull when rezzed is also GG you just won the fight.

Funfact! dark whelp absolutely destroys lil deathwing, hell i think almost all whelps beat him.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 03:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    You will never lose a fight if you have a celestial dragon and some type of crab. Bats are also good and can hit very hard.

Now I know what to use my next stone on.
    Really? because I kill lvl 25 celstial dragons in under 2 turns.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    Onyxian Whelpling - There's a reason this one is popular, high attack and good assortment of abilities.

Wrong the main reason onyxian whelp is amazing is EXTREME LOW speed. Which means 95% of time tail whip will double attack.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-10 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Mini Tyrael is 100% overpowered.
    Are you serious? he is a god awful pet, terrible stats, extremely weak heal, requires a pet with Darkness on your team to make use of his stun (which in turn, nerfs his heal even more)

On the topic of Onyxian whelp, never had problems countering it. Lil' Deathwing is slower, has higher attack and Call Darkness which is a humanoid ability which destroys it ^^.

As for a really solid pick, go for the Ghostly skull and upgrade it, it is extremely frustrating to play against and a really strong pick to use. Blighthawk also works because it has no hard counter.

Aaaand to wrap my post up: If you're having problems against the Fluxfire feline (yeah, almost everyone uses it atm) use Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling or Darkmoon Zeppelin. These pets annihilate it and prevent it from touching your team with Decoy.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2012-12-10 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caltoro View Post
    When I was leveling pet to 25 lvl, i was using Celestial Dragon;d i didnt have any problem with leveling, on 22lvl i could solo kill group 3x25 on pandaria(too with rare)
    Sry for my english ;d Now im powerlvl Kel'Thuzad +Fel Flame ;]
    Kel'thuzad sucks actually he doesn't have enough attacks to keep in roation or you have to swap him out or skip a turn. If frost nova fails it completely destorys your howling blast combo and makes him useless for 3 turns.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 03:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Are you serious? he is a god awful pet, terrible stats, extremely weak heal, requires a pet with Darkness on your team to make use of his stun (which in turn, nerfs his heal even more)
    Tyrael and the murclocs are horrible, Mini diablo is very good however, Murlocoblo sucks though low attack and attacks too fast for blast of hatred to be effective.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 03:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post

On the topic of Onyxian whelp, never had problems countering it. Lil' Deathwing is slower, has higher attack and Call Darkness which is a humanoid ability which destroys it ^^.

As for a really solid pick, go for the Ghostly skull and upgrade it, it is extremely frustrating to play against and a really strong pick to use. Blighthawk also works because it has no hard counter.
    damn right dude, Spectral strike is only used by the skull and spectral cats and requires darkness. Spectral strike is a mega nuke attack and if the skull dies he basically punishes the enemy team for killing him with the attack you use when he rezzes for the final attack < ascension> enjoy hitting the team for 3000k Conflags or one shot onyxian tail whips after the skull dies.

Is lil DW slower? Then that works i guess and about what 30 higher power rating. Call darkness is a nice perk to have however but scortched earth , tail whip , and flying/deepbreath combo on onyxia is a better assortment of abilities especially when using a Double conflag team.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 03:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Just always have one humanoid if you do PvP since it feels like the majority of players levelled a dragon.
    how fortunate that lil majodomo is a humanoid.... with the perks of Elemental conflag burst. and impale! JOY!
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-10 at 03:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Really? because I kill lvl 25 celstial dragons in under 2 turns.
    This thread was about pve not pvp.

This thread was about pve not pvp.
    ok? so you can kill a pve pet in 2 turns GG same thing.

Like it's so different.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-10 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    ok? so you can kill a pve pet in 2 turns GG same thing.

Like it's so different.
    pve ≠ pvp, quite obvious don't you think?

pve ≠ pvp, quite obvious don't you think?
    Yeah man gotta get those pvp only pets. Oh crap nvm the best pets wreck both pve and pvp battles. Same thing like i said.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-10 at 03:54 AM.

Here is a recommended list of "hard counters" to raise. And by hard counter, I mean that generally speaking, the pet will resist the targeted type AND deal 50% extra damage to that type.

vs Aquatic: Jade Owl, only Magic pet to learn Flying moves
    vs Beast: Sorry, no Flying type exists with Mechanical attacks. So, pick a decent Flying type to take less damage, or a good Mechanical to deal more damage.
    vs Critter: Flayer Youngling is the prize all-star here, Curious Wolvar Pup is just behind him. Both are Humanoid with Beast attacks.
    vs Dragonkin: Scourged Whelpling... I know, it sucks, it's as rare as a Minfernal, but it's the sole Undead pet with Humanoid attacks.
    vs Elemental: Any Snail-type Critter. They all learn Dive, the sole Aquatic attack in the Critter family as a whole. Plus, they are very durable, a nice counter to the typically higher damage output of Elementals.
    vs Flying: You got about a half-dozen options: Azure Whelpling, Celestial Dragon, Emerald Whelpling, Lil' Tarecgosa, Netherwhelp, Nether Faerie Dragon, Spirit of Competition, and Sprite Darter Hatchling. All of them are Dragonkin with 1 or more Magic attacks.
    vs Humanoid: Any Spider or Maggot of the Beast families. They each get one Undead attack. I like a Spider with Brittle Webbing in their build too.
    vs Magic: Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling is the only Mechanical to get a Dragonkin attack. Definitely worth getting.
    vs Mechanical: Pick an Elemental. ANY Elemental pet. They are a flat hard counter out of the box. Lil' Ragnaros is a nice powerhouse for that job (over a 350 Attack at Level 25), and learns Lava Wave, which is like the Aquatic Tidal Wave attack, in that it destroys turrets, bombs, etc. but it is Elemental-type instead.
    vs Undead: Pick a Turtle from the Aquatic types, and use Powerball. The Wanderer's Festival Hatchling is the only turtle to NOT learn Powerball.

There is always some exceptions when it comes to tamer battles, but this covers a generally good list to aim for. Afterwords, you can start leveling some special case ones.

And don't expect to stomp every single tamer with 3-5 pets. Once you start facing off with the Epic and Legendary teams in Pandaria, it can get rough.

As it stands, I got 11 pets at 25 right now.

Celestial Dragon, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Jade Owl, Scourged Whelpling, Flayer Youngling, Spiny Terrapin, Crystal Spider, Netherwhelp, Lil' Ragnaros, Guardian Cub, Rusty Snail.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-12-10 at 04:03 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theunit187 View Post
    My primary pet is Onyxian Whelpling. This dude just faceroll everything. Has good damage and self heal, I managed to fight my pet of 12 lvl against 23 lvl pandaria pet and my whelpling won!
    Though I lost the battle cause others pets suck ^^
    Same here. the Onyxian whelpling is a nice heavy hitter with a self healing and can often one shot aquatic pets. backing her with a shore crab that makes for a nice defensive wall when i need it, plus more healing. and currently leading with Mr. Bigglesworth. the Ice tomb ability does some nice damage, and the one turn up again after death is worth more than it seems like at first glance.

Personally I use Flayer Youngling(humanoid so heals every turn and has rampage so good against critter and has Reflection so great against anything), Kun-Lai Runt (again humanoid so heal every turn and has good apples and elemental abilities) and Onyxian Whelpling (strong attacks and self heal and high HP) I rarely lose with these three and am able to easily beat all the Pandaren Spirit Tamers with little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mutigerguy20 View Post
    Personally I use Flayer Youngling(humanoid so heals every turn and has rampage so good against critter and has Reflection so great against anything), Kun-Lai Runt (again humanoid so heal every turn and has good apples and elemental abilities) and Onyxian Whelpling (strong attacks and self heal and high HP) I rarely lose with these three and am able to easily beat all the Pandaren Spirit Tamers with little effort.
    Flayer Youngling, I wouldn't worry about Rampage...

Focus + Triple Snap = over 700 damage a round (vs a Critter), barring dodges, for the next 5 rounds. It ignores any accuracy debuffs/penalties on the field from any effects too. Plus, since it's a 3-hit attack, enemies that put up a "Blocks next attack" effect, only block 1 hit, not all 3. If the Thunderstorm weather is put in place, it triggers three times per use (same goes for other effects, like Plagued Blood on the target).
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-12-10 at 04:11 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    To level up? Something that you'll use alot at lvl 25. If you pick a pet you never will use, what's the point in lvling it for anything but the trap/cricket achieve?

Of course, you can level up specific anti-pet family pets (With the exception of Dragonkin and Beasts, theres a pet in every family that both has high defense and a move that deals extra damage vs specific pets). Snails, for instance, are powerful anti-elemental. For those having trouble on the Thundering Earth tamer, get a snail to 25. Elemental pets counter Mechs pretty well, Wolvar/Flayer counter critters, Celestial/Blue dragons counter flying, Spiders/Maggots counter humanoids, frogs counter the undead, and Magic/Water are countered by one specific pet each, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling/Jade Owl.

Of course, there are a few pets that either have an awesome moveset (Disgusting Oozeling, Shield/Heal pets) or pets that have an awesome stat allocation as well as a nice moveset (Feline Familiar)

Test out all the pets that catch your eye to about 10. Change, find the one that just sits right with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

just started to get into this "pokemon".

any methods of able to lvl the pet faster?

advice greatly appreciate.

Flayer Youngling from outland pets are particularly unique and extra nasty. Someone wrecked half my team with good play using one.

Deleted
    How good is the crawling claw? i recently got it via arch, and its' abilities look OP

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    How good is the crawling claw? i recently got it via arch, and its' abilities look OP
    It's average

OP is lil rag, anniversary ony, panda monk, lil XT, some of the new raid pets, Flayer Youngling