Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Holy mother of god.... I have one level 10 That is about it

Yeah i went powerlvling on trainers. I have a perfect counter for every trainer (that gives a bag). If you deal with all trainers a day you can lvl 2 pets too 25 easy.
    (but its a challange still)

In total to get you idea i only got 1 magic battle stone out of 426 Sack of Pet Supplies. (and 2x porcupine)

71 (pets) x 12 bag (a day) = 35.5 days = 426 bags

I only did 12 trainers a day (major pain, and elite 4 are too pain in *** to lvl pets on them)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

i've been aiming for the idol, but i may just crack, and AH one instead to save time. i have very few humanoids so far.

my "pandaren trainer" levelling set is still rough around the edges, need to get a few beast/humanoids up that can handle aki 's dragonkin "call lightning" without wimpering in a corner after 2 rounds. i have a flayer, and got the rare, kun lai runt recently near the monk's phased "summit" area (also saw they're changing the swipe icon today) so i might put that into the regular rotation for a bit to level up.

aki is still not farmable with my current lineup, i sort of need to get the now hundreds of level 11-20 pets ... and then there's 150 or so that need upgrades, or i could grind rare spawns in dread wastes/townlong steppes for those rares i'm missing. not sure which is worse, farming in ~lvl90 daily areas on a pvp server, or farming for the flawless upgrade stones at the same time.

(i shudder to do the math on how many battles it takes to level from 1 to 25 with ringing + MoP wild pet battles, and how far back a flawless upgrade pushes a lvl 25 pet.)

that said, i found a site today, and the whole melodrama of Breed ID's makes sense now ... and the horror of going back to farm fel flames...

here's the current top 20 Health/Power/Speed pets
    http://petsear.ch/Breeds/Ranking

after seeing there's so many of the 250 odd rare's i've collected, that there's "better" subtypes, IDK.
    it's sort of like moving the pile of dirt from one sisyphean hill over to another. this is still all just for fun, right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toliman View Post
    i've been aiming for the idol, but i may just crack, and AH one instead to save time. i have very few humanoids so far.

my "pandaren trainer" levelling set is still rough around the edges, need to get a few beast/humanoids up that can handle aki 's dragonkin "call lightning" without wimpering in a corner after 2 rounds. i have a flayer, and got the rare, kun lai runt recently near the monk's phased "summit" area (also saw they're changing the swipe icon today) so i might put that into the regular rotation for a bit to level up.

aki is still not farmable with my current lineup, i sort of need to get the now hundreds of level 11-20 pets ... and then there's 150 or so that need upgrades, or i could grind rare spawns in dread wastes/townlong steppes for those rares i'm missing. not sure which is worse, farming in ~lvl90 daily areas on a pvp server, or farming for the flawless upgrade stones at the same time.

(i shudder to do the math on how many battles it takes to level from 1 to 25 with ringing + MoP wild pet battles, and how far back a flawless upgrade pushes a lvl 25 pet.)

that said, i found a site today, and the whole melodrama of Breed ID's makes sense now ... and the horror of going back to farm fel flames...

here's the current top 20 Health/Power/Speed pets
    http://petsear.ch/Breeds/Ranking

after seeing there's so many of the 250 odd rare's i've collected, that there's "better" subtypes, IDK.
    it's sort of like moving the pile of dirt from one sisyphean hill over to another. this is still all just for fun, right ?
    A flawless stone grades a level 25 pet down to level 23.

As for starter battlers.... Don't focus on the Pandaria tamers too much. They can discourage you.
    A good way to get pets leveled rather easy is to first, pick up daily the Battle tamer quest for Kalimdor in Org (that if you are horde). Then do a route through Kalimdor and battle every tamer there, starting with the one just outside of org. Start with a level 1 pet. Next tamer in Northern barrens, also use a level 1 pet.
    From there fly from one tamer to the next according to the level of their pets. Wowhead has a great guide with tomtom way points etc.
    Eventually you will also hit the tamers for the battle tamer quest. That makes you able to fight those tamers twice. you get there, you accept the battle. do not take the daily blue quest the tamer has, just start the battle. After that battle take the blue daily, and fight him again.
    Done right, you can level 2 pets from 1 - level 16-18 (with the tamer hat), by the time you reach Winterspring with the final tamer. Plus you got 2 reward bags.
    Proceed on to Outland, and do those tamers too. The final tamer in Shadowmoon Valley is challenging. You should have level 25 pets that are powerful against him, in order to level a third pet against him.
    Northrend next, with the same pattern.
    At the end, if you went through all expansion tamers incl. Cataclysm you should have made some very nice progress. Doing that for a week or two, you should be set for taking down the Pandaria tamers. Those are all cheaters. Except for Aki and the one in Valley of the four winds. Especially the spirit tamers are ridiculous cheaters.
    None of them however is a problem when you only try to kill em for the bag. The cheating part is only an issue when you try to level a third pet. Which is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    A flawless stone grades a level 25 pet down to level 23.

The cheating part is only an issue when you try to level a third pet. Which is doable.
    yeah, i went up against aki twice, because i thought i'd be able to run the daily after completing the quest/achievement in 2 attempts, i think it took about 8-10 attempts the second time around. i just didn't have a strong pet to handle "legendary" dragonkin, and lucked out the first/second time on the pet order.

as for the comment about the number of battles when upgrading, i really meant how many battles does it take to bring a "fresh" level 23 to level 25 ... ~40 matches? or more ? it's very tedious at times to just farm the same 5-10 pets, levelling 2 pets from 22-23, etc.

i did all the dumb things, and had no idea about how to go about pet battles, did not do the research, just grabbed the first quests and did the occasional pet battle while levelling lvl ~30 warrior/druid alts, etc.

so, i went the other way in levelling, i started with all the non-wild pets, got about 100 to level 5/10, not really aiming for the trainer achieves/quests. and then i found out about ringing and the XP differences. then got some addons, started collecting zone pets, etc. i hit legendary pet battler (win 5000 battles) with only ~22x level 25's.

knowing all that now, i really should have done it the other way around, build a strong initial team of 25's, it's much, much faster. possibly faster with the legendary pets to grab/find in 5.2.
    Last edited by toliman; 2013-03-06 at 02:17 PM.

I used Fluxfire Feline on consistent basis during dailies. Heavy damage and fast. With 5.2 now it took a serious nerf and lost Wind-Up. Anyone still using this pet now or have you replaced it. If so with what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameday View Post
    I used Fluxfire Feline on consistent basis during dailies. Heavy damage and fast. With 5.2 now it took a serious nerf and lost Wind-Up. Anyone still using this pet now or have you replaced it. If so with what?
    Clockwork gnome is half decent.
    Anodized Robo Cub is almost as dangerous as the fluxfire, but it's nuke has a higher chance to miss - quite good if you need a mechanical pet for the first enemy pit so you can forfeit if you have terrible luck, not sure I'd gamble on it winning me the battle v a 3rd pet though.

10+ Year Old Account
    op just try to level 3 or 4 pets a mechanical, strong against beasts, a beast strong against critters, a flying strong against aquatic, the reason i say this is because the bulk of wild pets are either critter, beast, or aquatic, level them to 25 then swap out 2 of them for level 1's or 2's, leave the strongest 25 in the last slot. now go do the ek, and kal pet battle traners, and a few wild battles and those pets will be level 10. And if you keep doing that everyday you will eventually have allot of lvl 10's. so once you feel you have enough 10's move on to panda land, equip 2 25's in the last 2 slots and a lvl 10 in the first. let your level 10 go one round swap out to a 25 and try to finish the battle with it, if you can't then, you still got your other 25. this is the fastest way to level pets in my opinion
    Last edited by jd812; 2013-03-11 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/83...ly-pet-brawler

What OP comps for pvp at max level?

A frog can almost solo the trainer in Four Winds (amongst all the farms).

so you can get around 3800-4200xp once per day for any pet.

Also, the Pterrordactl (sp?) Hatchling just eats through all those aquatic wild pets in the Vale. My friend levels things pretty quickly that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Clockwork gnome is half decent.
    Anodized Robo Cub is almost as dangerous as the fluxfire, but it's nuke has a higher chance to miss - quite good if you need a mechanical pet for the first enemy pit so you can forfeit if you have terrible luck, not sure I'd gamble on it winning me the battle v a 3rd pet though.
    I start with Mr Wiggled, use (lucky) skill..switch to anodized cub...his demolish hits turn after turn after turn! Great combo used this way

10+ Year Old Account
    Want a fast and effective way of beating the Pandaren spirit tamers, get a Shore Crab. Rare preferable ofc. Mine completely destroys those elemental pets before they have any chance to cheat. The Earth tamers pet is tougher though. If your lead pet is slower, the elemental will always lead with his banish and basically cost you the fight. For him, I lead with a rare mongoose. Since he is faster, I start with his Submerge. The elemental will use up his stun and the hit after he comes up knock about 600-1000 of his health off. His Survival gives him two free shots at him to finish him off.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    A frog can almost solo the trainer in Four Winds (amongst all the farms).

so you can get around 3800-4200xp once per day for any pet.

Also, the Pterrordactl (sp?) Hatchling just eats through all those aquatic wild pets in the Vale. My friend levels things pretty quickly that way.
    The water elemental pet from Zul'Drak can actually solo that trainer. Just spam that ability that hits all 3 pets. Once the 2 inactive pets have died, you finish off that healing pet with single target aquatic spells.

Deleted
    I've seen a lot of Kun-Lai Runt in PVP. Frost shock -> Deepfreeze -> Takedown seems pretty strong.

I always find healing pets best for achievements and capturing rares, it makes the battle a lot slower but you do end up winning far more often and don't have to depend on crits and such. The only problem is when you come up against pets that heal too, or armageddon beetles.

That said, I think my effervescent glowfly has been my saviour against those "named pets" you find around. I didn't really understand what those named pets were for, and just battled one anyway and then it felt like a bit of a challenge as he stomped all over my healer pets. So I decided to go for a DPS line up and the glowfly carried me to success because it's damage is % of max hp based instead of just a generic number. So I use him to put up poisons against high HP pets.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieDV View Post
    That said, I think my effervescent glowfly has been my saviour against those "named pets" you find around. I didn't really understand what those named pets were for, and just battled one anyway and then it felt like a bit of a challenge as he stomped all over my healer pets. So I decided to go for a DPS line up and the glowfly carried me to success because it's damage is % of max hp based instead of just a generic number. So I use him to put up poisons against high HP pets.
    The named legendary pets are used for the Beasts of Fable quest(s). The first time you do it you get a panda pet, and after that it tuns into a daily with a bag that has recolors of the pet in it. A cheesy way to kill them is by using a roach/beetle with Apocalypse and just survive for 15 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    Want a fast and effective way of beating the Pandaren spirit tamers, get a Shore Crab. Rare preferable ofc. Mine completely destroys those elemental pets before they have any chance to cheat. The Earth tamers pet is tougher though. If your lead pet is slower, the elemental will always lead with his banish and basically cost you the fight. For him, I lead with a rare mongoose. Since he is faster, I start with his Submerge. The elemental will use up his stun and the hit after he comes up knock about 600-1000 of his health off. His Survival gives him two free shots at him to finish him off.
    A snail hard counters the pandaren earth spirit pretty much. stun has no effect because he's a critter. submerge with the poison debuff hits for about 1k. you'll only take about 600 damage from him, which gives you plenty of turns to get the next pet pretty low also.

Well, I doubt its the best pet out there, but for me it was very usefull. For me Harbringer of flame has been very usefull thanks to one ability, Impale (insta kill if the attack gets your opponent under 25%). It is strong against critters, and since humanoids have the best defense against critters, this guy has won me many (PvE) battles. Harbringer you take pure for the damage. His abilty Jab also does a nice portion of damage.

Especially on the harder PvE battles, like Pandaren Earth Spirit, some Beasts of the Fable, and that annoying Monkey on the DMF, Impale can be a lifesaver.

There are also flying pets with the same ability (cant recall the name of the ability), good against aquatic.

I always recommend a Strand Crawler to my friends, it's a pretty solid pet that's very easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameday View Post
    A SS Cogblade raptor just destroys things. Debuff first for more damage by hit, and then just use the 2-3 hit swing. You easily do 600-900 damage a round for the next 5 rounds. It also works very well with turrets, since the debuff will increase the damage that turrets do. It will easily demolish any epic beast.
    Last edited by Namarus; 2013-04-04 at 10:05 PM.

I have been levelling up the disgusting oozeling and the Anubisath Idol. Both of which seem to decimate. Loving them at the moment. My 3rd pet is the Onyxian Whelpling but definitely prefer the other 2 ha.