golden hoplings question

I see that I can do this one on normal as well. But my question. If i kill the last boss, can I run around without any threat collecting them? or is there any danger?

It's for: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6402

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    read the coment on the wowhead yuo linked

nowhere in the comments is it stated if there are mobs guarding/spawning from the golden hoplings, but thanks though...

you can run and collect them after everything is dead.

Yeah, i've done the achievement and i did it after the group was finished. It is certainly doable when everything is dead.

Deleted
    Yeah, but one of those hoplings are a bit bugged/missplaced. You need to follow a guide in the wowhead comments in order to get it.

After you have cleared the instance you can go to the beginning and after buying the potion from the vendor you can go around collecting all 30 Golden Hoplings. There is no real way to track them, but keep looking for them until the achievement pops up, since there are exactly thirty in the instance.

Deleted
    IF you're/have a hunter, you can use Track Humanoids to see the Hoplings on your minimap. Just did this like an hour ago. We didn't get the bugged hopling, though we lost a lot of time on the last one until we realized he was "inside" the boss' corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalai View Post
    After you have cleared the instance you can go to the beginning and after buying the potion from the vendor you can go around collecting all 30 Golden Hoplings. There is no real way to track them, but keep looking for them until the achievement pops up, since there are exactly thirty in the instance.
    /tar hop with mini map targeting is really helpful
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Druids in cat form can track humanoids as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    From Wowhead

By Saffi12:
    "Found a way to counter-act the bug! I noticed when I reapplied my ling-tea buff after it ran out (while staring at the under-stairs hoppling) that the little guy dropped through the floor just above him. So what I did was assign my ling-ting drink to a hotkey, positioned myself in front of the door at the top of the stairs, and right clicked off my existing buff. Next, put your cursor on the floor on the left side of the door, and drink. (you may drink and remove the buff a few times to get the position right) Just have it set up so the cursor is over where he spawns, and right click away as you use your hotkey to drink; with any luck you'll get him before he drops down"

And use this macro by savagekrosa

/cleartarget
    /tar Golden Hopling
    /script SetRaidTargetIcon("target", 4)
    I used this and got it no problem.

Another easy to find hoplings is to turn on your friendly health bars. one was hiding right under the last boss and I couldn't find it until i turned the health bars on.

I used a target macro and a focus macro for the ones i could not find by sight.
    On the minimap you can turn on the option to track/show focused targets that made it quite easy to find the last couple of hoplings.

Easiest way to get this achievement.

Buy 3-4 of the drink from the npc at the entrance so you can see them.
    Complete the dungeon with your group.
    Turn on friendly nameplates.
    Search the dungeon from one end to the other.
    ??
    Profit