Deleted

Elemental pvp tips

To the people that have problem in pvp as elemental shaman i gathered some tips:

-purge buffs from target
    -thundershock melee when they are close, when they are jump on You with shadowstep/jump/sprint/hand of freedom use purge if needed and then use Earthgrab totem
    -move a bit away (but keep the 8 yards distance) and use capacitor totem ,it will stun them exactly when root ends
    -if u want to use cd's now pop spiritwalker ,trinkets, cast one lvb and then ascendance and lvb all the way
    -wind shear caster on spellcast and use hex after
    -pop stone bulwark totem if You have it, watch out for mages spellsteal. If mage is smart he will steal Your absorption shield, if not good for You
    -healing tide totem is better than ancestral guidance , you can kite while you are healed
    -use healing stream totem
    -keep flame shock on target at all times
    -use Healing Surge with Clearcasting
    -Spiritwalker's grace is great for healing!

class tips:
    -purge shield/healing dot from shadow priests
    -purge ica barrier from mages
    -purge everything from retribution pala
    -dont hit hunter if he used deterrence, heal Yourself instead

Its just a few tips, i have read many complaints about elemental shaman in pvp. I dont know why because i found that we are one of the best class in pvp now

Ele shamans are great and always have been if you're a bg hero.

Good utility, strong off heals and lot's of burst. A great support class, but what if a rogue decides to sit on your head?
    stone bulwark totem sucks in pvp. I'm actually using ancestral shift despite it's unfair cool down. I think ele shaman defensive cool downs suck because it's balanced around resto also having them.

The problem with ele pvp and this has always been the problem, is that almost all of our damage comes from hard casting. I think giving ele shaman a little bit of silence protection would be completely fair.

We've lost a lot of passive damage reduction with the new talents system (And I'm still bitter about losing the old ancestral shift).

Our pvp set bonus is going to make ele very powerful against melee though.

Quote Originally Posted by alanexe View Post
    To the people that have problem in pvp as elemental shaman i gathered some tips:
    Its just a few tips, i have read many complaints about elemental shaman in pvp. I dont know why because i found that we are one of the best class in pvp now

hi what game are you playing and what year in time did you travel from?
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    Your point ?

He comes from a magical land where everyone is either lower levels than him or sub 1500 rated player.

[User was infracted for this post]

There's constructive criticism, which is encouraged, and then there this. Flaming isn't allowed here.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-10-01 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All negativity and sarcasm aside, I think if we're honest with ourselves, we know we do really well in Rated bg's. We may not perform as well as you would prefer in other formats of competitive pvp, but that is the place where we shine. Actually, in Cata we performed well in 5's, as well, but pretty much no one does 5's. It seems to be, the bigger the group, the better we perform.

I think if (big if) the dev's ever get to the point where they fix our single target dps, we'll be ok in those other formats. Kinda of a broken record from me, but I'd like to see them shift some of our damage around so that lightning hits a lot harder. People may not agree with me, and that's fine, but I'm of the opinion that our single target dps is lacking outside of Ascendence.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    This stuff really helped!

which age you are talking about ? tbc ? wotlk ? cataclysm ? this panderia compleatly ruined all shaman specs at pvp .

Quote Originally Posted by gulatar View Post
    which age you are talking about ? tbc ? wotlk ? cataclysm ? this panderia compleatly ruined all shaman specs at pvp .
    This is not true. Elemental is nowhere near its top tier status from WotLK. They struggled at the start of Cata, but Blizzard put them in the right direction at Cata moved on making them highly viable in RBGs and decent in arena. In MoP, Elemental has an incredible amount of burst and amazing utilities when used properly. I'm not trying to be an elitist douche here at all; Elemental has a high skillcap and requires someone who knows how to effectively use their cooldowns and abilities (i.e. proper Capacitor projections, lining up Ascendance and instant EBs, focus shearing and hexes, etc.).

I have seen OP post in several Elemental threads and while I disagree with him saying Ele. Shamans are top tier, we are actually in a decent place right now. His tips are actually quite helpful.

As for the other specs, I cannot make claims and back them up with facts as I have only played Elemental and I don't want to derail the thread since this is about Elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Laptop View Post
    I'm not trying to be an elitist douche here at all; Elemental has a high skillcap and requires someone who knows how to effectively use their cooldowns and abilities (i.e. proper Capacitor projections, lining up Ascendance and instant EBs, focus shearing and hexes, etc.).
    Welcome to PvP 101, not trying to be an "elitist douche" but everyone focus interrupts, lines up cooldowns, focus CC's, etc... Saying things like this would be like someone saying "hey guys I found out today in a instance that if you keep flameshock up it makes your Lavaburst crit, which could help you increase your DPS".

Quote Originally Posted by Laptop View Post
    I have seen OP post in several Elemental threads and while I disagree with him saying Ele. Shamans are top tier, we are actually in a decent place right now. His tips are actually quite helpful.
    Yes, if someone has never PvP'd before these tips are useful (not trying to be condescending). The OP made common sense "tips" that are just that, common sense. There's nothing wrong with a post for beginner PvP, but don't say things like were one of the best PvP classes, when it's clear he/she is fighting players who have little PvP experience.

If you're fighting melee who don't powershift, emancipate, charge/leap/intervene, Burst of Speed, etc.., it's not you that's good, but them that's bad. There is a huge difference between the two. Anyone (or any class) can beat a bad player, this is nothing new. You can't justify how well your class is by only playing bad players (not trying to be an ass but it's true).

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    Welcome to PvP 101, not trying to be an "elitist douche" but everyone focus interrupts, lines up cooldowns, focus CC's, etc... Saying things like this would be like someone saying "hey guys I found out today in a instance that if you keep flameshock up it makes your Lavaburst crit, which could help you increase your DPS".

Yes, if someone has never PvP'd before these tips are useful (not trying to be condescending). The OP made common sense "tips" that are just that, common sense. There's nothing wrong with a post for beginner PvP, but don't say things like were one of the best PvP classes, when it's clear he/she is fighting players who have little PvP experience.

If you're fighting melee who don't powershift, emancipate, charge/leap/intervene, Burst of Speed, etc.., it's not you that's good, but them that's bad. There is a huge difference between the two. Anyone (or any class) can beat a bad player, this is nothing new. You can't justify how well your class is by only playing bad players (not trying to be an ass but it's true).
    That is not true, not everyone uses focus macros. If you read what I said again, you will see that I am AGREEING with OP about the tips. I did not say we were on of the best, I said we [Elemental Shamans] have a high skillcap; you are misinterpreting what I have said. I have played Elemental at a 2200 MMR and it is not easy, that does not mean we are awful.

How do you guys tolerate pvp as elemental namely bgs? at times ill have a little fun but any melee NOW can just gap close any of your get aways with ease.

MoP Elemental isn't in a horrible place, but compared to many of the "other" classes we are hurting in CC and in Damage. Considering Spriests/warlocks/BM hunters/warriors/mages are all capable of doing more damage and CC than ele shamans we are definitely on the back burner of the class to choose for PvP. Our Damage is predictable and easy to counter (hardcast everything) we have 2 primary sources of CC Hex and Capacitor totem. Both of which are quite easy to stop / predict. It does require a high skill cap to play ele effectively. Even if you take a really good elemental shaman and you have to fight a really good warrior the shaman will lose. We are behind the damage and CC curve of other classes. Until they give us more damage or more CC we will once again be stuck as RBG heros

Edit: wrote Defiantly instead of definitely -_- changed that
    Last edited by Lirina; 2012-10-07 at 09:24 AM.