Page 5 of 129 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
55
105
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by lordigor View Post
    Hi Kuni, i'm sorry if this have been asked before but i see in every guide to use PoM to get an extra frostbolt, but wouldn't it be better to use a insta-frosfirebolt instead?
    I'd do frostbolt if your debuff stack is in danger of falling off, or you haven't got it fully up yet. But you're right, FFB does do slightly more damage, even without the BF bonus.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordigor View Post
    And which would you choose, Vision of Predator or the mithril stopwatch??
    Whichever sims higher in whatever gear, honestly. I'm no good at trinket comparisons off the top of my head.

  2. #82
    Just wanted to say thanks for this guide. It's concise, easier to read than other guides out there, and it helped me feel a lot better about my mage after wondering what happened to him with the 5.0.5 patch. Now I have a much better idea how to play him as frost and might actually be capable of soldiering on to 90 with him someday.

  3. #83
    Glyph of evocation will proc on heal effects, but not while using rune of power.
    It heals you when you stand on the rune, for about 1% per sec, putting one rune on top of the other rune does not stack the healing .

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbies View Post
    It heals you when you stand on the rune, for about 1% per sec, putting one rune on top of the other rune does not stack the healing .
    It still doesn't proc on-heal effects.

  5. #85
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbies View Post
    It heals you when you stand on the rune, for about 1% per sec, putting one rune on top of the other rune does not stack the healing .
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It still doesn't proc on-heal effects.
    Yeah, I said nothing about stacking them?

    Anyway, new gear from this week has put me at 3.9k haste and crit with roughly equal reforged in/out of each. If I wake up early enough, I'll start looking into those tests, as I've finished with challenge modes. Assuming the servers are actually up and there's no delays.

    Really don't even want to see a 5 man for a while...

  6. #86
    I'm experiencing a low proc rate of ice lance.
    Is this working as intended or am I doing something wrong?

  7. #87
    Hey guys,

    First of all thanks a lot for the guide Kuni!

    I was wondering if anyone remembered roughly his DPS during the levelling phase?

    Overall in a 5 man dungeon I'm around 27k/29k and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's normal or too low. I'd rather try to improve my gameplay right away than when I'll hit 90

    I'm currently 88 and here are my stats (not enough hit I know but I don't really bother reforging until I'm 90). I try to keep items with hit and haste at the moment

    • ilvl 407
    • spell power 9722
    • haste 7,86 %
    • hit +7,26 %
    • crit 10,63 %

    thanks in advance for the feedback!
    Last edited by Gnu; 2012-10-18 at 12:34 PM.

  8. #88
    Hello everyone,

    Sorry my english isn't so good. Should I aim for 4786 haste rating unbuffed at max and reforge the rest to crit after I got hit cap? I don't really understand the Icy Veins part. Can someone help me?

  9. #89
    Bloodsail Admiral Nathyiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,168
    First, read the open post of this thread.
    Second, you need to be Hit cap, then go for Haste. There's no Haste cap for Frost.
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

  10. #90
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    I was wondering if anyone remembered roughly his DPS during the levelling phase?
    The problem with this is your gear is changing every hour at worst, and you lack 90 talents. It also vastly differs depending on what you went into MoP with, gear-wise. Don't worry about it too much until 90. As much as you'd like to optimize now, there's too much changing as you do to make it viable to worry about.

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnostar View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Sorry my english isn't so good. Should I aim for 4786 haste rating unbuffed at max and reforge the rest to crit after I got hit cap? I don't really understand the Icy Veins part. Can someone help me?
    That's simply the point where you glyph icy veins for a DPS gain. Below it, you don't glyph it. There's no real haste cap for frost.

  11. #91
    Okay, I tried to reforge everything to haste after hit, and ended up with 5,321 haste unbuffed (12.59%) so I glyphed IV. But my crit is only 3.564 (11.59%). Isn't this a huge dps loss or am I just lacking gear?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    The problem with this is your gear is changing every hour at worst, and you lack 90 talents. It also vastly differs depending on what you went into MoP with, gear-wise. Don't worry about it too much until 90. As much as you'd like to optimize now, there's too much changing as you do to make it viable to worry about.
    Thanks for the reply Kuni. I hit 90 yesterday so I'll how it goes

  13. #93
    I just wanted to double-check if my math is correct. Right now I am sitting at 5151 haste rating (12.12%), or 19.97% with Frost Armor. However we don't have the 5% haste buff in our 10 man raid, so when I hit IV I get haste to 43.96%. This means I should not glyph IV right?

    EDIT: Though I should be ready to swap it in, in case we pug a spriest or something
    Last edited by scuac; 2012-10-23 at 02:09 PM.

  14. #94
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    I just wanted to double-check if my math is correct. Right now I am sitting at 5151 haste rating (12.12%), or 19.97% with Frost Armor. However we don't have the 5% haste buff in our 10 man raid, so when I hit IV I get haste to 43.96%. This means I should not glyph IV right?

    EDIT: Though I should be ready to swap it in, in case we pug a spriest or something
    Correct.





    Get a spore bat.

  15. #95
    The new patch notes for 5.1 PTR show they are increasing the timer on Frost Bomb to explode after 6 sec (up from 5 sec). This does not seems to have any impact on PvE or am I missing something?

  16. #96
    I'm still wondering what the point of that change is. Making it easier to dispel seems about the only thing that would make sense.

  17. #97
    The Patient Emberess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    261
    hmm harder to sync it up with a deep freeze now , in pve cant use DF that often anymore (i meant like on trash , dungeons etc)

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberess View Post
    hmm harder to sync it up with a deep freeze now , in pve cant use DF that often anymore (i meant like on trash , dungeons etc)
    You can always combine it with the glyph of Fire Blast, it is a bit of a pain though.

  19. #99
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/BW
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    The new patch notes for 5.1 PTR show they are increasing the timer on Frost Bomb to explode after 6 sec (up from 5 sec). This does not seems to have any impact on PvE or am I missing something?
    It´s a very slight buff in my opinion. With 10 seconds cooldown you can cast 1 Frostbolt (2 Sec) and 2 GCDs (1.5) after explotion, but we will never have 2 GCDs ready for that period over the duration of a whole fight. Now with 4 seconds left before refresh, it fits perfect for 2 Frostbolt Cast (2x 2 seconds).

  20. #100
    That... doesn't make any sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •