Quote Originally Posted by Methens View Post
    There is no consensus, if U read the OP, Kuni never says the details for the full haste build, nor does he mention the haste BP U want and then go for mastery, he just says 48% and THAT isn't the haste BP for LB/NT that is mentioned later in the 109 something pages. Also there is no BiS list from him, several people mention different things for BiS lists, same with trinkets, some use and some don't use icy veins I have armoried many of these top frost mages and it's the same. So if ur not going to actually answer the very specific questions I asked, Kenbud, plz refrain from stating the NONE obvious.
    Then I dont' feel so bad for not seeing the consensus.

I've already changed my mind. I'm waiting a bit to figure it out. lol.

There is a consensus, but the consensus isn't on "one true build" but that there are two different currently "correct" ways to build a Frost mage that are approximately equal in overall performance and fare better than each other in specific situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to ask something of the people who read but don't post, or the new guys just getting here:

I know this thread is a mess. It's a lot of pages. But there is information in it. I find myself spending a good 45 to 90 minutes of every day answering the same questions over and over. I love every one of you who wants to be frost and I always want to help you out and give you my time, but I'm getting asked a lot of basics, or things already covered.

I am just about halfway done with a very big comprehensive frost guide that covers all 3 gearing and playing strategies for frost. It will include the following sections for each 3 types of gearing (Haste, Mastery, Mastery/Haste Mix):
    -Stat Priority, BiS List & Trinkets Explanation
    -What we know & what is still unproven
    -How to analyze a boss strat vs. your strengths and set-up your pull
    -Notes on theory, perspective, & expected DPS

But every time I'm interrupted with a PM or a post here that I need to reply to that's just iterating what item you should wear, or how much haste you should get, it is slowing me down from finishing this post. So I'm going dark for a bit, read through this long thread yourself for answers to your questions and then I'll get this big guide up today maybe

Akraen sounds good, just make sure you show both sides of the coin ( Haste and Mastery builds )

Quote Originally Posted by Methens View Post
    There is no consensus, if U read the OP, Kuni never says the details for the full haste build, nor does he mention the haste BP U want and then go for mastery, he just says 48% and THAT isn't the haste BP for LB/NT that is mentioned later in the 109 something pages. Also there is no BiS list from him, several people mention different things for BiS lists, same with trinkets, some use and some don't use icy veins I have armoried many of these top frost mages and it's the same. So if ur not going to actually answer the very specific questions I asked, Kenbud, plz refrain from stating the NONE obvious.
    Discussion and testing evolve theories that would be why the current info is different then the info 109 pages back, bud. Pete and Akraen have been doing a lot of both and the tentative consensus i mentioned is that Mastery is better single target and cleave, this is where you go for 53.84% haste or whatever Pete is saying then the rest to mastery. There is the all out haste Akraen build where you just stack the shit out of it, dont glyph veins and use NT hope that is self explanatory enough. The BiS lists that have been posted vary very little (some have it set up to not include heroic Garrosh loot, that is for you to decide on your own) i believe mainly weps and trinkets, and the main discrepancy seems to be Bindings or Totem and Akraen a few pages back was talking about how he under valued Bindings in BiS gear so. BiS shit is a moot point at this time because no one has their BiS 4 weeks in so we have plenty of time to figure it out. Now this is just the info i have picked up skimming through this thread and putting literally zero of it into practice as i play arcane now. So what is stopping you? Read, go test. Read again, go test. Fucking read, go fucking test. That's what good mages do, that is why Pete and Akraen get the numbers they do, they find what works best and not have it spoon fed on a forum so they can copy it.

While I appreciate your sentiment Kenbud, your attitude is a little harsh, especially on a forum where people come to communicate ideas and ask questions. I will agree that people should take cues from what is presented here and do their own testing. Let's not continue to add an acerbic tone to this thread or forum by continuing to be so completely disagreeable please.

So I've played around with stacking haste only or taking haste to 9522 then mastery, and at the moment I'm seeing better results with the full haste build. Frost is in a great place now overall. Very viable spec to bring to siege with the amount AOE and cleave it can do, deep freeze can be sexy too! Being able to dps on the move is great too. Just got a WF Totem and that thing is amazing, adding about 5% dps alone from just the multistrike.

Anyone able to do some solid testing with the 4pc? I have the 2pc and it is amazing, but I've heard the 4pc is lackluster.

Akraen: It's been another day. Where is the guide. Put it out now go go go. If you don't I'll be forced to create a guide that explains why it is so good to stack crit.

Shark, look through the first five threads on the front page of this forum. His guide should be one of them
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ost-(Advanced)
    Last edited by voltaa; 2013-10-06 at 08:25 PM.

Wednesday the 4 piece i was doin in our raid shark did anywhere from 1%-2.2% highest dmg, think it just barely beat out images, so once we actually get cloth pieces other than spirit, i'll be dropping 4 piece lol. And that's with haste build.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    While I appreciate your sentiment Kenbud, your attitude is a little harsh, especially on a forum where people come to communicate ideas and ask questions. I will agree that people should take cues from what is presented here and do their own testing. Let's not continue to add an acerbic tone to this thread or forum by continuing to be so completely disagreeable please.
    Love getting told I'm wrong then showing that I am not and I am the disagreeable one. All that aside does Deep Freez work on Bonechewer?

Deep freeze works on most adds in SoO including Nazgrim's, bloods on paragons, heroic malkorok adds (kind of pointless there), etc.

Playing mastery frost tonight on H Siegecrafter: http://www.twitch.tv/boxedwaffle

Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    Playing mastery frost tonight on H Siegecrafter: http://www.twitch.tv/boxedwaffle
    I was doing that this week as well. Did not enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    I was doing that this week as well. Did not enjoy.
    Currently back to arcane. Gonna flip flop to see how it goes.

I understand that the 2 piece bonus is great from Tier 16 for Frost Mages, however it seems as if the T16 4 piece bonus is only a 1-2% dps increase? If this is the case, would it not be better to get haste/mastery warforged pieces and have just the 2 set, ideally the gloves and shoulder? Just curious if the 4 set outweighs warforged pieces in those slots.

Yeah 4 piece isnt too good, it would most likely be better to use the wf off pieces and just use like gloves and shoulder tier. And fyi, if u try out 4 piece if u have bad luck for off pieces, the boulder is called Frigid Blast on recount/skada.

Deleted
    do i gem Int when i go with 9522haste ? or Mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the frost haste cap? 14,500?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Whats the frost haste cap? 14,500?
    There is no cap.